1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

WTF game is Brett playing???

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Timmons, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That's four throws deep all into double coverage...

Did we just regress three years?

2. Fan4Life

Fan4Life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett is throwing long to try and draw coverage off him... it's not working.

3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett is out of the game with a possible elbow injury, return questionable according to radio. Rodgers is in.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Great.....there goes the season. :(

5. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    hey cheesey, be upbeat. we still have an easy road ahead. oakland, st louis, chicago, and detroit. Brett will come back.

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Someone should've told Brett that a TD, no matter how long it is, is still only 6 points.

Greg Jennings was WIDE open running across, but bonehead Brett showed up and decided to throw deep into double coverage.

7. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's just trying to be the hero I know what he's thinking but It was ill-timed.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Evil Favre showed up tonight.

This happens sometimes. It's been a rarity this year, but it's happening tonight. Sometimes he just feels he has to force ****, and....its stupid and costly. This is that game. If he does this in the playoffs....we wont win 1 playoff game.

hopefully it doesnt. :)

9. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but I still don't feel like all is lost. I think the team can regroup in half time. Maybe I am just too optimistic sometimes haha.

10. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Optimism is good. Sometimes I'm too realistic. You know we are a stop away from getting back into this but stopping Dallas is almost impossible.

11. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bonehead Brett??? I dont think so, he is just having an off night.

12. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And our O-line was getting pushed around all over the place. Time to toughen up for the next half!

13. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to disagree.

An off night was the game against the Redskins.

Being stupid is realizing your best WR is being double teamed deep, with one of your playmakers (Greg Jennings) running wide open across on an underneath route, yet still trying to force a throw.

Driver is a great WR, but Jennings is a playmaker. If he is wide open you throw him the ball, not someone who is double covered.

14. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    Opps didnt post that out of the quote...bad night for me as well as for the Pack.

16. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The old Brett showed up tonight and that is the guy who tries to make something out of notbing. He made mistake upon mistake tonight. As great as he is when he does things in control, he's also equally bad when he plays out of control. I'm not gonna blame him for this loss, but he had a significant part in it.

17. Heatherthepackgirl

Ratings:
    +0
    The old Brett and the new Brett are the same person. I loved the one Brett to...gosh you guys really rip him apart, its only one game for petes sake...okay done speaking now...

18. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Heather, we aren't saying to bench Brett, but we are saying that Brett is a 14+ year vet, he needs to be better in his decision making.

This offense relies on good decision making. Brett has proven he is capable of that.

There was nothing stopping him from making good decisions tonight, except Brett's bad side which tells him to throw the pass deep, and pray something happens.

Those 14 points of Brett's 2 INTs really hurt.

But that is FAR from the reason we lost. There are so many other reasons, but Brett played his part (unfortunately) in this loss.

I do not doubt Brett will comeback (hopefully his injury isn't too serious) and do what he has done for most of this season, play lights out.

19. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett has been playing like an MVP until tonight. Until tonight he played in control for the most part. Tonight he played out of control. It's that simple

We didn't lose the game because of Brett however, we lost the game because our defense didn't play well.

20. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre played exactly like he did in 2005. It was weird. The pass protection was awful, and maybe the playcalling too (I don't know if all those deep throws were McCarthy's idea or Favre's), but he was trying to do too much out there, holding onto the ball too long and throwing into double coverage. I hope he is healthy and back to normal for next week's game.

21. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    It's like as soon as he realized this was going to be a shootout, Favre thought he'd score a gagillion points with one throw.

That was just disappointing to see.

22. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I didn't like those decisions in the least. I was begging for slant passes in the middle all first half.

23. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    First time we've been behind significantly and Bret reverted to his get it all back in one throw ways tonight. I hope that MM settles him down before we face Oakland.