WR @ 27

D

Deleted member 6794

Corey Coleman is a no brainer if he's there at 27. I see shades of Odell Beckham Jr. in him.

Speed to burn, terrific hands that can snatch the ball away from his body, amazing cutting ability to stutter-step past would be tacklers, goes from 0-to-60 in one step, and a 41-inch vertical which offsets his diminutive stature. He's going to be the best WR in this draft by far.

Most of all he is elite at tracking down deep balls. Flawless at picking up the ball in flight and adjusting to the ball, he makes easy over-the-shoulder catches on bombs, then finishes it off by taking it to the house with his speed.

Without Nelson, Rodgers simply couldn't go deep most of last year, and that cannot be allowed to continue. Rodgers is the best deep ball passer I've ever seen going back to the 1970's, and it is imperative to have WR's who can capitalize on that awesome talent. Rodgers' arm provides the most readily available road to the Super Bowl for this version of the Packers, and that means a GM must keep him supplied with All-Pro WR's.

Talking about how deep the Packers are at WR means nothing to me. Abbredaris and Adams are just guys and Janis at this point is a special team player who might be a quality #3, #4 or #5 WR going forward. I'm not wasting the next five years of Rodgers' career banking on these guys when an elite player like Coleman is there for the taking.

I want a corps of WR's in 2016 that has Nelson, Coleman and Cobb, the rest can be sorted out in camp. People are actually willing to pass on a guy like Coleman because they don't want to cut Abbredaris? Really?!:confused:

Adding Coleman would allow Cobb to do more RB sets and stay in the slot which is where he is best. I could see a return to 2011 offensive output with Coleman on board. Please convince me that Capers will build a top-five defense with Ragland if you disagree.

I agree that if Coleman is still on the board at #27 the Packers should draft him. But aside of Doctson there's no other receiver Thompson should use the first-rounder on.

Members online

Latest posts