WR @ 27

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what TT/MM would do if some combination of Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Will Fuller and Corey Coleman are there when we pick at 27?

I have a feeling a couple of these guys will be there.

Is it really far-fetched to think they'd draft a WR there at 27?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given his propensity to find great receivers in the 2nd and the probability there will be some high rated defensive linemen on the board at that time as well, I think it would be highly unlikely for him to pick a WR in the 1st. If Raji hadn't retired, maybe a small possibility, but if we don't have a defensive line rotation, it won't matter who we have at WR.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After our failure to stretch the field without nelson. I wouldnt be shocked at all... All logic aside, tt is addicted to wrs...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I "love" pre-draft articles like this one. I actually kind of thought I was reading an April Fools Day piece. No offense to the the GFL (German Football League), but when you watch the film at the bottom of the article, Boehringer looks like he is playing with and against High School teams. Plus, comparing him to Jeff Janis? Is that suppose to get me excited? Now if TT wants to make him an UDFA, I wouldn't mind. :)

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...hringer-pro-day-workout-jeff-janis-comparison

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I "love" pre-draft articles like this one. I actually kind of thought I was reading an April Fools Day piece. No offense to the the GFL (German Football League), but when you watch the film at the bottom of the article, Boehringer looks like he is playing with and against High School teams. Plus, comparing him to Jeff Janis? Is that suppose to get me excited? Now if TT wants to make him an UDFA, I wouldn't mind. :)

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...hringer-pro-day-workout-jeff-janis-comparison
We already have a thread discussing this guy: https://www.packerforum.com/threads/moritz-boehringer.66143/
You're more than welcome to add to the discussion there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder what TT/MM would do if some combination of Laquon Treadwell, Josh Doctson, Will Fuller and Corey Coleman are there when we pick at 27?

I have a feeling a couple of these guys will be there.

Is it really far-fetched to think they'd draft a WR there at 27?

I don't think there's a huge chance the Packers will select a receiver at #27 but if Thompson decides to go this direction he should only consider it for Coleman or Doctson.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Treadwell is likely the only player who will make an impact next year, and that's the way they should go if they are looking for a WR in the first. I like Doctson and Coleman, but they are toothpicks. Treadwell is the big, physical Boldin type player they hoped they would get in Adams.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Treadwell is likely the only player who will make an impact next year, and that's the way they should go if they are looking for a WR in the first. I like Doctson and Coleman, but they are toothpicks. Treadwell is the big, physical Boldin type player they hoped they would get in Adams.

AJ Green is a toothpick.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have a guy that's 6'-2", 216 and strong as an ox (for a WR), and he's considerably faster (4.51 vs. Treadwell's 4.63)... Ty Montgomery.

WR is one of the last positions I'd like TT to use a 1st round pick on in 23+ days. D-line, OLB & ILB, O-line all need attention before another WR, IMHO.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We already have a guy that's 6'-2", 216 and strong as an ox (for a WR), and he's considerably faster (4.51 vs. Treadwell's 4.63)... Ty Montgomery.

WR is one of the last positions I'd like TT to use a 1st round pick on in 23+ days. D-line, OLB & ILB, O-line all need attention before another WR, IMHO.
In terms of receiving skills, it's no contest. Treadwell is top-notch in that regard. He doesn't receive comparisons to Bryant and Hopkins for no reason.

If you're talking about pure athleticism, you're right. But Montgomery is NOT 6'2, Treadwell is a good 2 inches taller. And much, much better at the point of catch.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be mad if we drafted either Doctson or Treadwell at 27.

D

Deleted member 6794

Treadwell has had troubles getting open in college and will continue to do so in the NFL. With the Packers receivers struggling to gain any separation on defensive backs last season the team doesn´t need another WR like that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In terms of receiving skills, it's no contest. Treadwell is top-notch in that regard. He doesn't receive comparisons to Bryant and Hopkins for no reason.

If you're talking about pure athleticism, you're right. But Montgomery is NOT 6'2, Treadwell is a good 2 inches taller. And much, much better at the point of catch.

Treadwell is taller yes but he doesn't really use that size. He's compared to Bryant and Hopkins physically but he does a bad job of actually jumping for balls. Go back and watch some of his games, more often than not he just waits for the ball to get to him, he doesn't actually go up and get it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me throw another name in there. Michael Thomas. 3 catches as a Freshman and redshirted his Sophomore year for grades and not understanding the offense well enough. Responded to the slight by working extra hard and having very good seasons, the leading receiver for OSU both years. Tall, strong and very good hands. Good burst. Has decent speed, 4.57. Although 6'3", he had better cone and shuttle times than speedsters Will Fuller (6'0") and Sterling Shepard (5'10"). Physically very similar to Doctson, except an extra 10 lbs of muscle. He is uber quick and has some good open field skills.

The downside is he isn't crisp in his routes and he gets intimidated by press CBs. He is also the nephew of Keyshawn Johnson, hopefully he isn't as big an azzhat.

As an average HS player with no scholarship opportunities, he has really just started to develop. He progressed significantly as a player the last 2 seasons. Even last year he was better at the end of the season than the start. I think this is a trajectory and he will continue to progress as a player. In 3 years he may be the best WR from this class.

In my draft contest, I listed him as a potential pick for us at #27. I think I put there more for shock, but I do believe he is a possibility. I just think there will be a more highly rated DL at a position we could use more help at.

Sky King

Reaction score
Every draft TT delivers a surprise. I would not rule anything out for just that reason. WR? Hmmmm. But I'm still guessing the first three picks will be big guys since this draft is allegedly loaded with them and you gotta' grab 'em when you can. Thus, I should brace myself for the possibility that he'll draft a QB, WR and DB early instead. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO if the Packers initially bypass their perceived bigger needs on defense and take a WR with their first pick, I think its a pretty telling statement what management thinks of their young group of Adams, Montgomery, Abby and Janis.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let me throw another name in there. Michael Thomas. 3 catches as a Freshman and redshirted his Sophomore year for grades and not understanding the offense well enough. Responded to the slight by working extra hard and having very good seasons, the leading receiver for OSU both years. Tall, strong and very good hands. Good burst. Has decent speed, 4.57. Although 6'3", he had better cone and shuttle times than speedsters Will Fuller (6'0") and Sterling Shepard (5'10"). Physically very similar to Doctson, except an extra 10 lbs of muscle. He is uber quick and has some good open field skills.

The downside is he isn't crisp in his routes and he gets intimidated by press CBs. He is also the nephew of Keyshawn Johnson, hopefully he isn't as big an azzhat.

As an average HS player with no scholarship opportunities, he has really just started to develop. He progressed significantly as a player the last 2 seasons. Even last year he was better at the end of the season than the start. I think this is a trajectory and he will continue to progress as a player. In 3 years he may be the best WR from this class.

In my draft contest, I listed him as a potential pick for us at #27. I think I put there more for shock, but I do believe he is a possibility. I just think there will be a more highly rated DL at a position we could use more help at.

Thomas might turn into a nice receiver at the pro level but if he´s available at #27 he won´t be the clear-cut best player left on the board. With the Packers having more pressing needs I hope Thompson would go in another direction.

Every draft TT delivers a surprise. I would not rule anything out for just that reason. WR? Hmmmm. But I'm still guessing the first three picks will be big guys since this draft is allegedly loaded with them and you gotta' grab 'em when you can.

The Packers need help on the defensive line but there´s no reason to spend all of the first three picks on the position.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Corey Coleman is a no brainer if he's there at 27. I see shades of Odell Beckham Jr. in him.

Speed to burn, terrific hands that can snatch the ball away from his body, amazing cutting ability to stutter-step past would be tacklers, goes from 0-to-60 in one step, and a 41-inch vertical which offsets his diminutive stature. He's going to be the best WR in this draft by far.

Most of all he is elite at tracking down deep balls. Flawless at picking up the ball in flight and adjusting to the ball, he makes easy over-the-shoulder catches on bombs, then finishes it off by taking it to the house with his speed.

Without Nelson, Rodgers simply couldn't go deep most of last year, and that cannot be allowed to continue. Rodgers is the best deep ball passer I've ever seen going back to the 1970's, and it is imperative to have WR's who can capitalize on that awesome talent. Rodgers' arm provides the most readily available road to the Super Bowl for this version of the Packers, and that means a GM must keep him supplied with All-Pro WR's.

Talking about how deep the Packers are at WR means nothing to me. Abbredaris and Adams are just guys and Janis at this point is a special team player who might be a quality #3, #4 or #5 WR going forward. I'm not wasting the next five years of Rodgers' career banking on these guys when an elite player like Coleman is there for the taking.

I want a corps of WR's in 2016 that has Nelson, Coleman and Cobb, the rest can be sorted out in camp. People are actually willing to pass on a guy like Coleman because they don't want to cut Abbredaris? Really?!:confused:

Adding Coleman would allow Cobb to do more RB sets and stay in the slot which is where he is best. I could see a return to 2011 offensive output with Coleman on board. Please convince me that Capers will build a top-five defense with Ragland if you disagree.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah if Coleman is there, it would be incredibly hard to pass on him.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are actually willing to pass on a guy like Coleman because they don't want to cut Abbredaris? Really?!:confused:

LOL, I love it when people get smashed with logic. lol funny

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coleman will be long gone though. I agree with the throwing up in mouth comment from earlier. WR in the 1st would be a waste. Not just Abbredarus. He is #6 (imo) Janis at 5 would have to earn his spot as a special teams ace. Because #6 with Nelson, Coleman, Cobb, Montgomery, Adams ahead of him??? lol that line up is a waste unless the big 5 comes back in a big way...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts