1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

WOW now this is a homer

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gbpack12_2_89, Aug 31, 2010.

1. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    So I also like to go to the cbssports website and go on all the forums over there and see what people have to say. I just went on to the Vikings page and there is this guy that is a complete homer and just reading his nonsense makes me laugh just take a look at what he wrote and tell me what you guys think.

2. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    CBS forums are seriously one of the worst. I'm not just saying that, the Steelers fans are the worst...

3. The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow..

Their season hangs on Judas ankle holding together and that is a stretch for the other people.

4. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    I honstely think that the Vikings fans have taken that over, probably because they are in the same division as us but they are constantly talking shite. Ill admit that they have a good team but they will say that no matter what every guy on there team is greater than ours. There was this one thread about 3-4 days ago that said there WR's are 5 times better than ours. Really? even with there number one reciever out there better than ours.

That is why I joined this site, also on cbs I cant tell you how many Packer fans still dont like Rodgers because he is not Judas

5. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    Those people are not Packer fans, they are Favre fans. Packer fans don't root for a Viking qb no matter who he is.

I wouldn't root for the Vikings if God was their QB

:viksux::viksux::viksux::viksux:

6. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    AMEN to that :happy0005:. If you said that on that site you would get people that say there is no true defination of a certain fan blah blah blah. I hate how people live in that past. Guess what Judas is gone Rodgers is our QB deal with it and if you dont like that go buy yourself a puke purple jersey and cheer for your favorite lover we dont need you as a Packer bandwagon fan.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Bretts site is saying 15-1 lol

8. gbforever

gbforever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    It never ends with that guy, hopefully this overconfidence is their undoing

9. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    LOL. Delusions of grandeur. I think we have about as equal, if not slightly better team than the Vikings, but I'm not naive enough to think we go undefeated. We'll take some lumps, as all teams do. But I do expect to win the division this year. We were damn close last year.

10. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    I love how he has week 3 lions at home, tough but a win then he has week 14 chicago at home dangerous, but a win. Now this is my favorite part game 10 Green bay at home, no way. So this guy is trying to tell me that the Lions and the Bears are going to be wayyyy harder than Green Bay. How can people be so stupid?

11. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    i know and the game he was worried about most was Miami. They are solid but no Juggernaut. He put the patriots, packers, and dallas in the slots where the lions and bears should be

12. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    some people cant help it because they are afflicted with this disease called stupidity. it seems to have a high rate of occurrence among vikings aficionados.

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I can't wait until this moron and all the Burnt Fart butt kissing morons are proven wrong!

And this term of "homer" is new to me.
    Does it mean that the fan is as stupid as the Homer of the Simpsons?
    Or that he/she is so blinded by the faith in their team that they refuse to see any faults with it?

14. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    LOL They cant count wins because there is no way they are going 16-0 or 15-1 lmao

15. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Actually, I kind of like homers--my brother predicts 16 wins for the Pack every year with his totally serious "I don't see a loss anywhere" comment.

It's just that the Yikes fans disappear after the first couple of losses and move on to hockey. Abandoning your team is something my brother and all good Packer fans never do.

16. Packy

Packy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I admire his loyalty...

Having said that, I think we could all come up with scenarios as to how the Packers could go 16-0.

17. Packy

Packy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I know what you mean. He is a hero of mine. He should post more often...

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    thats pretty much it

19. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +837
    I love how you all rip on the guy and totally ignore one line in what he writes. This one.

Sounds to me like he is realistic fan. He knows they can win every game but also knows it won't happen. And how far off is he from Packer fans predicting a 13-3 or 14-2 season? Are they "Homers". How about the guy that wrote Rodgers will beat Favre both times this year. His reason, because Rodgers is the 4th best QB in the league last year. That and $1.59 will get you a cup of coffee at 7-11.

20. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Read all the comments again Rap...There are a few comments that point out why his thinking is wrong

he also said this

21. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    stupid

are not all viking fans that way LOL!

22. gbpack12_2_89

Ratings:
    +192
    Lol yes I will say that 98% of them are but you have have those guys that stop drinking the purple koolaid and step into reality and realize that the Vikings are hurting a little bit and they realize that Favre will NOT put them type of numbers that he did last year.

23. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Favre is one year older, his ankle is jacked up, his O-line is having problems protecting him, he has less options to throw to, and because of those reasons alone.......he will take more of a pounding....than Jenna Jameson at the highest point of her career.

It seems (tell me if I am wrong) as though we are getting more of a push up the middle, and getting in the QB's face a bit more. I know we have only played preseason games so far but if we can do that in the regular season, some of the better QB's that torched us last year won't be able to step up in the pocket because their won't be one. Look what Favre did this past week. If it is any indication of the season to come, his fairy tale life and love with the Vikings is going to come crashing down. Favre was on top of the world last year (until his last play).....and he and his team has one way to go. DOWN. Their is no way he can repeat last years performance.

24. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,019
    Packy--is this the famous former "Gravedigger"?? Welcome!!

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    On the one hand you have a class with Joe Montana, Bart Starr and others who took their teams to more than one SB.
    On the other you have the class of Fran Tarkinton, Burnt Fail and Dan Moreno who would only get so far with play off after play off, racking up stat after stat and somehow lose that game just before the big one.
    Even though I think it's hard to predict what Fail will do this year he may get to the playoffs but not beyond that.
    It is both hard and easy for me to imagine him getting that far.
    Hard because of the points you made turbo.
    Easy because he seems to get there almost every year he's played.

Give it a few weeks and then we will see where he's at. (Hopefully on the ground 80% of the time.)