Would you rather?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its draft day and I am very excited. So to kill some time for the next 6 or so hours I figured we could play would you rather. Someone throws up two picks, doesnt have to be the same position, just projected to go in the area of the draft. Another poster picks who he thinks of the two is going to be the better pro and why. Then throws up some more picks. This might not catch on but I figured I would give it a shot.

Don banks of SI has us taking Mike Iupati and Peter King of SI has us taking Sergio Kindle. Which one should we take if given the choice?

melvin2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iupati hands down. defense was pretty good last season, the O-line was not. rodgers need to be on his feet with a clean jersey. i still think there is a decent chance we trade up to around 12 or so and get bulaga if he is there

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iupati hands down. defense was pretty good last season, the O-line was not. rodgers need to be on his feet with a clean jersey. i still think there is a decent chance we trade up to around 12 or so and get bulaga if he is there

You think its worth giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to do that? Thats what the values come out as with the number system the league uses.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kindle.

I was in love with Iupati in the beginning of march (there's a thread were I predict he'll be the pick). But the fact that he only played against lesser competition, is very raw, and that when he did play against better comp. (senior bowl), though he was dislocated (RG, not LG), he struggled mightly in the pass pro, and had to hold his way out of not being beat. That scares me.

Kindle seems like the better fit for the LOLB, as he's the best rush defender OLB in the draft, and is very good rushing the passer, and is an adequate cover man. I find him a little stiff, but he's a player, as good as Orakpo...

Now my question: Charles Brown or Kyle Wilson?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think its worth giving up a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to do that? Thats what the values come out as with the number system the league uses.
Value system in a regular draft... Not in a deep draft, with a team wanting to trade down...

I know not every team has Mangenius, but look for what the Browns traded the 5th pick..

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kindle.

I was in love with Iupati in the beginning of march (there's a thread were I predict he'll be the pick). But the fact that he only played against lesser competition, is very raw, and that when he did play against better comp. (senior bowl), though he was dislocated (RG, not LG), he struggled mightly in the pass pro, and had to hold his way out of not being beat. That scares me.

Kindle seems like the better fit for the LOLB, as he's the best rush defender OLB in the draft, and is very good rushing the passer, and is an adequate cover man. I find him a little stiff, but he's a player, as good as Orakpo...

Good breakdown on Iupati. Its funny how a month will change your perspective on a player. I have that happen every year.

Kyle Wilson, but not because I am overly high on him (I havent watched much film on him), but because I dont like Brown that much. He struggles against speed and Jared Allen would eat him alive.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Value system in a regular draft... Not in a deep draft, with a team wanting to trade down...

I know not every team has Mangenius, but look for what the Browns traded the 5th pick..

It seems to be the standard currency of the past two decades for the draft, and I cant imagine a team letting up move up that high for anything less. But all it takes is one team. Ted loves his late picks, so with a deep draft its hard to see that happening.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don banks of SI has us taking Mike Iupati and Peter King of SI has us taking Sergio Kindle. Which one should we take if given the choice?

Tim Tebow or Colt Mccoy?

Sergio Kindle, would love to see him on the other side of CM3 and also because Iupati...eh we could do better than that if we got a pick that early.

Tebow for sure...I don't know what it is about McCoy but something rubs me the wrong way about him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Wilson. We all know how much I want a corner.

ivo610 said:
Tim Tebow or Colt Mccoy?
Tebow. He can play the wildcat. His vesatility means more to us than anything McCoy would bring.

ivo610 said:
Iupati. I like what I saw out of Brad Jones last year, I don't think OLB is a first round need.

C.J. Spiller or Joe Haden? It's the trade up scenario.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tebow. He can play the wildcat. His vesatility means more to us than anything McCoy would bring.

Iupati. I like what I saw out of Brad Jones last year, I don't think OLB is a first round need.

Haden. I really, really like Haden.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hadden. He is an elite player I think

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Berry. Draft him and we're set at that position for the next 10 years with a guy that I think will be one of the best in the NFL in a short amount of time.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
No question in here, it's Berry by miles and miles...

Didn't get it. Explain it better, please...
You're right, that wording sucked.

Would you rather trade up and take the explosive Dez Bryant, or stay at 23 and take the best Left Tackle available as well as taking Dexter McCluster later to satisfy the need for a return man.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right, that wording sucked.

Would you rather trade up and take the explosive Dez Bryant, or stay at 23 and take the best Left Tackle available as well as taking Dexter McCluster later to satisfy the need for a return man.
OH.

Wow, again, no question, if we move up to take Bryant, heck IF WE TAKE BRYANT, I'd be quite pissed. Not as much as with Mays, but still...

Unless, of course, he proves to be a great player and we win the SB. But even if Bryant proves to be a great player and we lose because of our OL or D, TT should go...

Members online