Worthy or Perry

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are only two games into the season, so part of this is just guessing but the other part is based on two games worth of film....who is going to have the bigger impact this season - Worthy or Perry?

There might be two ways of looking at this. One player could have the greater individual stats yet not have the bigger impact to the team. In fact, that's how I see this playing out. I think that Worthy will appear to play better but think that, based on what we've seen, Perry will do enough to get Clay open on the other side.

No matter what, it's fun to watch our two top guys contributing right away like Raji and Matthews did their rookie year

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worthy because for Perry to make an impact Worthy is going to have to make an impact up front and take up the blockers so Perry can make an impact. It might be more of an unsung impact but I vote Worthy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive gone on record over a year ago about my feelings on worthy, so yeah I am sticky with him.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell. Neither guy is on the field regularly enough at this point, with Walden playing more snaps than Perry and Worthy being behind Wilson. Obviously something has improved for CM3 to get all of the opportunities that he's had, but I haven't seen enough from either guy to know if they're the ones doing it or not. Considering how much attention CM3 is going to get this week, it should give those guys plenty of chances to show that they can win 1-on-1. Lets hope they can.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far its Worthy. Perry was not very effective against Chi partly due to a sore wrist, but when Walden came in he did better. Perry did have some pressures, but he got pancaked several times.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Perry is learning a different position and so far has looked like it. I don't expect him to shine until after the bye week or so. Worthy does look better at the moment. Hopefully the offense turn it on so the defense can spend the second half of every game in "get the QB" mode. Then they'll both look better.

H

HardRightEdge

Worthy.

Perry's a guy you'll be looking to for the "second year jump". Whether he makes it or not will be key point of interest early next season.

Right now, he looks pretty decent against the run, and that's about it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worthy will have the bigger impact because he's a space eater, allowing the linebackers to flow more freely to the ball, and an excellent pass rusher. Worthy's impact won't show up in the box score, but it will show up on the final score.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worthy. But I have concerns about Perry. A number of guys who played on the line and then moved to LB in the pros have made a quick transition. He is sure struggling to make that adaptation.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell. Neither guy is on the field regularly enough at this point, with Walden playing more snaps than Perry and Worthy being behind Wilson.

I don't know why Worthy is still behind Wilson, I have always thought Wilson is a backup at best. He could replace Pickett when Pickett retires.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think clay started til week 4 his rookie year, so I wouldnt be too concerned about depth chart for rookies

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know why Worthy is still behind Wilson, I have always thought Wilson is a backup at best. He could replace Pickett when Pickett retires.
Worthy/Wilson and Pickett are entirely different DLs. When you think of Pickett think run stopper, two-gapper, fat guy, blocker-eater, immovable object. When you think of Worthy/Wilson think one-gapper, gap-shooter, quick, agile, undersized... Worthy is just over 300 pounds, Wilson just under 300 and Pickett tries to stay under 350 pounds. The Packers have two legit NTs for the base 3-4: Pickett and Raji (BJ is the rare athlete who excels at both one- and two-gapping). BTW, Daniel Muir is in the NT mold too. IMO it’s a good bet the Packers will draft a NT-type next April.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worthy/Wilson and Pickett are entirely different DLs. When you think of Pickett think run stopper, two-gapper, fat guy, blocker-eater, immovable object. When you think of Worthy/Wilson think one-gapper, gap-shooter, quick, agile, undersized... Worthy is just over 300 pounds, Wilson just under 300 and Pickett tries to stay under 350 pounds. The Packers have two legit NTs for the base 3-4: Pickett and Raji (BJ is the rare athlete who excels at both one- and two-gapping). BTW, Daniel Muir is in the NT mold too. IMO it’s a good bet the Packers will draft a NT-type next April.

When I think of Wilson , I think no production.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts