Worst Case Scenario Mock Draft

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to do a mock draft, which in my opinion, would be the worst case scenario. What I mean by this, is that in the first round or two (specifically the first) our favorite prospects are off the board and we can't trade down. I thought it actually turned out pretty well, but since this is opinion based, my worst case might not be your worst case. Anyways, enjoy!

1) Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa: Landry, James, Fitzpatrick and Ward were all gone. That left us with Josh Jackson, which, isn't a bad consolation prize at all. Jackson has some concerns for sure, but anybody who can get as many turnovers as he did is probably gonna be at least decent. He's definitely not my favorite, but for where we were, I didn't think there was anybody better.

2) Josh Sweat - Edge - FSU: An athletic freak who wasn't used properly at FSU, Sweat is a projection. He's got all the skills, but can he stay healthy? Sweat is a guy who I think is going to be really good, but like I said, it's a projection and a bit of a risk.

3) Tarvarius Moore - SAF - Southern Miss: This guy might actually go higher than this. I love him. He's 6'1 200 and ran a 4.32 40 with a 38" vertical plus a 6.95 3-cone. And lest you think he's just a workout warrior, his tape is pretty good too. With his size and speed, he should be able to play slot corner if we need him to, otherwise he's a single-high safety with the potential to play outside corner if he can get coached up. Either way, versatile, and good player. Reminds me a little of Nick Collins.

4) Fred Warner - ILB - BYU: Not great against the run, but he's good in coverage. Should be able to slide in next to Martinez pretty well in the future. I'm a fan of his versatility.

4) Tre'Quan Smith - WR - UCF: Needs to develop, but good speed, long arms, and decent size. He seems to be the type that Green Bay likes.

5) Alex Cappa - OG/OT - Humboldt State: The best small school OL in the draft, so you know we have to take him. Some don't think he can play OT, I happen to think he can. Very aggressive player. Can slot in at RT, or one of the guard positions.

5) Genard Avery - LB/Edge - Memphis: Really athletic, could potentially spot rush, but probably profiles best inside. Will at the least be a special teams demon. When in doubt, go with athleticism.

5) Alan Lazard - WR/TE - Iowa State: Here is our Jimmy Graham replacement. Slot TE. He might not be here, but in my mock he was, so I took him.

6) Will Dissly - TE - Washington: A Montana boy, he's probably the best blocker in the draft. Only played the position for two years. He'll never be great, but he can block, and we know how much MM loves that.

6) Dejon Allen - OL - Hawaii: Prototypical GB OL prospect. Little undersized, but could possibly play C or OG.

7) Braxton Berrios - WR - Miami: THE UUUUUUUUUUUU

7) Sean Welsh - OG - Iowa: I mean, he's an Iowa lineman. Might as well take a shot. And at this point, who cares?

Gimme your thoughts.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to do a mock draft, which in my opinion, would be the worst case scenario. What I mean by this, is that in the first round or two (specifically the first) our favorite prospects are off the board and we can't trade down. I thought it actually turned out pretty well, but since this is opinion based, my worst case might not be your worst case. Anyways, enjoy!

1) Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa: Landry, James, Fitzpatrick and Ward were all gone. That left us with Josh Jackson, which, isn't a bad consolation prize at all. Jackson has some concerns for sure, but anybody who can get as many turnovers as he did is probably gonna be at least decent. He's definitely not my favorite, but for where we were, I didn't think there was anybody better.

2) Josh Sweat - Edge - FSU: An athletic freak who wasn't used properly at FSU, Sweat is a projection. He's got all the skills, but can he stay healthy? Sweat is a guy who I think is going to be really good, but like I said, it's a projection and a bit of a risk.

3) Tarvarius Moore - SAF - Southern Miss: This guy might actually go higher than this. I love him. He's 6'1 200 and ran a 4.32 40 with a 38" vertical plus a 6.95 3-cone. And lest you think he's just a workout warrior, his tape is pretty good too. With his size and speed, he should be able to play slot corner if we need him to, otherwise he's a single-high safety with the potential to play outside corner if he can get coached up. Either way, versatile, and good player. Reminds me a little of Nick Collins.

4) Fred Warner - ILB - BYU: Not great against the run, but he's good in coverage. Should be able to slide in next to Martinez pretty well in the future. I'm a fan of his versatility.

4) Tre'Quan Smith - WR - UCF: Needs to develop, but good speed, long arms, and decent size. He seems to be the type that Green Bay likes.

5) Alex Cappa - OG/OT - Humboldt State: The best small school OL in the draft, so you know we have to take him. Some don't think he can play OT, I happen to think he can. Very aggressive player. Can slot in at RT, or one of the guard positions.

5) Genard Avery - LB/Edge - Memphis: Really athletic, could potentially spot rush, but probably profiles best inside. Will at the least be a special teams demon. When in doubt, go with athleticism.

5) Alan Lazard - WR/TE - Iowa State: Here is our Jimmy Graham replacement. Slot TE. He might not be here, but in my mock he was, so I took him.

6) Will Dissly - TE - Washington: A Montana boy, he's probably the best blocker in the draft. Only played the position for two years. He'll never be great, but he can block, and we know how much MM loves that.

6) Dejon Allen - OL - Hawaii: Prototypical GB OL prospect. Little undersized, but could possibly play C or OG.

7) Sean Welsh - OG - Iowa: I mean, he's an Iowa lineman. Might as well take a shot. And at this point, who cares?

Gimme your thoughts.

Run a full mock a 1000 times and they will turn out different. I think we are all getting a clear picture though of how the first round may unfold. This being that the #14 pick may not provide for a clear cut "that's our guy" sitting there for the Packers. I definitely could see a scenario where the Packers feel the need to trade up a few slots to get THAT guy or even the case of trading back to get 2 guys they are happy with. Fortunately for the Packers, they are armed with 12 picks, which provides them with some amo to move around a bit if the need arises.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Best case scenario mock:

Call up the Brownies, offer our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th comp, 5th, 5th comp, 5th comp 2, 6th, 6th comp, 7th, and 7th comp to move up to #1.

With the first pick, select:

Courtland Sutton, god of receiver play, Southern Methodist

While the pick is being announced, Calvin Ridley gets up to go to the john, trips over Sutton's mom's purse, suffers torn ACL, MCL, PCL, and LCL in both knees. Career over.

Boom. Super Bowl. Home for dinner.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Real thoughts:

1) If Josh Jackson is your worst case scenario, you're gonna be alright. As I've said, I think he's Marcus Peters if he develops some more physicality from the press and gets better at the top of routes.

2) I love Josh Sweat. I think he was misused at FSU. The talent is absurd. If the medicals checked out, I think that's a great 2nd round pick.

3) I've read top 50 buzz on Moore.

4) Warner in the 4th seems more "best case" than worst to me.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Real thoughts:

1) If Josh Jackson is your worst case scenario, you're gonna be alright. As I've said, I think he's Marcus Peters if he develops some more physicality from the press and gets better at the top of routes.

2) I love Josh Sweat. I think he was misused at FSU. The talent is absurd. If the medicals checked out, I think that's a great 2nd round pick.

3) I've read top 50 buzz on Moore.

4) Warner in the 4th seems more "best case" than worst to me.

Yeah. After the first couple rounds, it's hard to do worst case. It really just applied to the first two rounds.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
At 6'5" 250 with 35" arms and 10+" hands, Sweat posted the following:
  • 4.53 forty (98th%)
  • 39.5" vertical (96th%)
  • 124" broad (91st %)
  • 6.95 three cone (88th%)
  • 4.28 short shuttle (80th%)
And for all of the concern over production (which doesn't really consider that FSU often played him as more of a 5T and run first player), he still has 24 TFL and 12.5 sacks over the last two seasons.

If that kind of athlete at that position is medically ok, I don't see how you let him get by you. Though I suppose he might be snapped up before #45 for these same reasons.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
worst case scenario is we trade Rodgers for 12 more draft picks and none of them pan out

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gimme your thoughts.
I wouldn't be upset with this draft. Jackson will be superstar. Lazard and Berrios will be huge surprises imo and Welsh will be a starter in this league

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So what’s the actual best case scenario mock? I think mine would be:

1. Harold Landry
2. Mike Hughes
3. Anthony Miller
4. Joe Noteboom
4. Fred Warner

Members online

Latest posts