• Ryan Leaf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Manderich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i got to lookin over our draft picks and then #1 overalls and #2 overalls and this question had to be posed.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to go with Tony because he was with the packers... they passed on Barry sanders and took Tony. With the number 3 pick detroit grabs Barry and the rest is history.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope nobody remembers that Mandarich was a Canadian. He now is the partial owner and GM of Century Pines Golf course here in Ontario. What a dissapointment he was, I was so glad the Packers had chose him both because of the hype and because he was a fellow Canadian. Now maybe Morley will redeem our country on the team. :D

Later
Leopardmech

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I have to go with Tony. I must say that because my idol and most favoritist athlete is Barry Sanders and to know we could have had him, still burns and Barry is retired!!

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Tony too. But could you imagine if we had taken Barry? It could have changed everything on the packers. Maybe with him, they might not have gotten Favre,cause maybe we would have won more games....I guess I ought to stop eatin' the mushrooms.(just kiddin') :rubeyes: :crazy:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I voted before reading the entire thread... Seems like it's unanimous!

I remember the hype that went with Mandarich... What a joke!

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the hype that went with Mandarich... What a joke
Reading that line brings back the memory of Tony on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Can't remember the quote besides Tony, but we were not the only ones fooled by Mr. Mandarich.

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rich Campbell

I think Rich Campbell was the 6th overall pick by the pack in the 1981 draft. The guy had like 386 CAREER passing yards. I think he's the worst packer first round pick ever.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not related to this really, but anyone remember Chuck Cecil, I always picture him with blood running down his nose from his helmet hitting it all the time... crazy man.

OP
OP
S

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotarace27 said:
Have to go with Tony because he was with the packers... they passed on Barry sanders and took Tony. With the number 3 pick detroit grabs Barry and the rest is history.

same reason i go with tony. i think barry was 4, could be wrong. just the thought of him on our side rather than making us look stupid many times. damn guy would be contained to 15 yds on 20 carries and on his 21st carry, he'd be swarmed in the backfield just before takin it 90 yds for the score. then he would go over by the goal post and pretend like he was pulling....nope...wait. my mistake. he would just hand the ball to the ref and walk off.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the quote on the SI cover was something along the lines of "Meet the best offensive line prospect EVER".

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Not related to this really, but anyone remember Chuck Cecil, I always picture him with blood running down his nose from his helmet hitting it all the time... crazy man.

We need more players like him. Although, don't expect Al "Chuckie killed my career" Toon to agree with me.

BrettFavre4MVP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
I think the quote on the SI cover was something along the lines of "Meet the best offensive line prospect EVER".

I have a SI issue from '89 with Tony Mandarich on the cover. It reads, "The Incredible Bulk". :lol:

Staff online

Latest posts