Working the Draft - "Mock" Style

Tucker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Andrew Walter, a QB that with 1 or two years under the system can become a above average QB in this league. Not really fond of those trades even though sharper is taking up so much cap space. And the clarett pick would be awful. A kid with all the talent to become a great player but is just so immature and troublesome. but overall a very good mock.

monkeyracer43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers can afford to trade Ahman Green. I'm not positive, but the cap penalty would be too significant. If they did trade him, they wouldn't take any less than a 1st round pick, and maybe a second in next years draft.

Trading Sharper isn't a bad idea, but I would try to squeeze a second round pick for him.

Maurice Clarrett has way too much baggage. He would start b*tching when he isn't getting enough carries, if he decided to play at all.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No cap penalty trading Green. He's in the last year of his contract. Clarett has character issues and he's slow to boot. A 4.6 ain't good enough to play HB in the NFL. I also don't know why we'd take a CB with that pick in the first with Spears still on the board. Shazor or Brimmer should taken in the second. I do like Rudd though as MLB but that would require Barnett outside where I'm afraid he'll get eaten up by OL's without Grady's protection.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with all of those who said the Clarett pick would be awful. You get all the baggage and distractions of a Randy Moss, but a guy who isn't nearly as gifted or as good on the field. Clarett would be a terrible draft choice.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think we'll trade Green anyways, but why would we trade him to Philly if we were going too? They're the best team in the NFC and Westbrook is their starting RB. We would only be hurting ourselves. So that doesn't make to much sense to me. If we were to trade him, it would probably be to a team like Miami or Oakland.

PackerBuff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is just no way we trade Green, esp. to Philly. Andrew Walter is a good QB and could possibly become a good pro, so I wouldn't mind seeing him in GB. But I don't see us taking Ruud or Dreesen, I am very familiar with these guys as I went to Colorado, and I was not all that impressed with either guy. I hope we go in a different, better direction.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember, guys - this is just one person's opinion on the upcoming draft process.
If you see other web sites with pundits out there guessing...? Post it.

But - as with a grain o' salt - let's remember... it's Ted Thompson doing the draft this year - NOT Mike Sherman... TT gets last call / final say-so!

That's a good thing!

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing that would change - NY Jets would take Ohio State kicker ALL American and Lou Groza award winner - Mike Nugent in the 1st round, do they want to risk someone else taking him before they pick again in the 2nd round ? after their kicker cost them a spot in the AFC championship game. Ok you guessed it I'm a Buckeye fan - but Nugent " Mr. automatic" , is the best kicker in the draft and the J-E-T-S- JETS JETS JETS need him - . About Clarett - STAY away from him he is nothing but trouble - he didn't even show up for his first NFL workout. The Packers should draft ALL defensive players and players who can TACKLE !!! Defense wins championships , if the Pack gets a good "D" and Favre stays a few more years -HELLO Vince Lombardi trophy :!:

GO PACK :mrgreen:

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mr. Automatic???? he's good but be careful with that name. automatica gramatica isn't doin so hot now days...lol.

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Andrew Walter was hurt when his shoulder was slammed to the ground on a tackle. Tests conducted revealed a third-degree shoulder separation. Without surgery, Walter would be out at least two months. With surgery, his shoulder would be immobilized for three weeks, followed by four to six months of rehabilitation.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have NO idea why PackerChatters would list him as the third pick by the Pack. Looks like damaged goods... certainly every DE out there would aim to slam that shoulder over and over...

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had thought everyone was aware of it... but I have yet to see anyone else discussing it as part of the Draft scenario....

About Erasmus James ---- During College, he "did" have what was thought to be a career-ending injury - remember that? And, as was mentioned on FTO - he did fight his way back to the top of the competition... Just the same - I wonder if TT is making sure to include that as part of the overall? Once injured like that - you never get back to 100% - You might get almost there... but never totally.

Personally - I htink the better run would be to go for Marvin Jackson or that DE opposite of KGB --- Kevin Burnett? -- or better yet that Nose Tackle -- Travis Johnson... those choices are more likely to be available when the Pack gets their turn in the Draft.

Madfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do put a lot faith into what Patty writes. Don't dismiss her ideas.

I will say, however, that any mock draft before March is more day dreaming than anything else. Once free agency is in full swing, RFAs are tendered and the combine occurs, then it is time to look at the mock drafts with some sense of what is likely to occur.

Personally, I don't know what the Packers will do with Green and Davenport. We'll get an idea when the Packers tender Davenport. I see some merit to trading Green if the price is right. But, with the wealth of RBs in the draft, I think the veteran market is limited.

Now having said that, I would see it as ironic if Shaun Alexander went to Tampa Bay and the Seahawks were willing to trade for Green.

CanadianPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that the packers will draft Matt Roth from Iowa.. Also i wish the packers needed a Kicker cause i really like Mike Nugent from ohio state, I also like Dustin fox from ohio state too. and yes i'm a buckeyes fan, stay far far away from Clarett

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts