With all of this playoff mayhem...how did you react in 03

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My dad and I were watching the Broncos and Pack game, the game was a route for the Packers...but, of course we watched to the end. This was before we had DirecTV, so we couldn't go to the Vikes @ Cards game...so I had it on NFL gameday on NFL.com. I was like **** at seeing it was :03 left in the game with the Cards down by a few points. I thought it was over...but then I saw the touchdown to Nate Poole, I started yelling. My dad was like "********" and I was like Holy ****, yes, yes, yes....and then it said play under review. All of a sudden I was like, OMG....**** **** ****...I honestly thought this would be overturned. And then it went to the game on TV and it showed the ref hold the sign up for a TD. I was so fuggin estatic, I really couldn't believe it. Then seeing the vikes announcer with the highlight made it all that better, it was the greatest thing ever. Just to know that what happened was the miracle in the Desert!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: With all of this playoff mayhem...how did you react in 0

A friend and I were watching the Gb/Denver game on tv, and just like you, we were keeping track of the Vikes game on the nfl.com scoreboard. I remember McCown got sacked on the 3rd down play and I figured the clock would run out, but we all know what happened. I basically went crazy for about 5 minutes.

Heres a little video of the Gb/Den, Ari/Vikes, and Gb/Oak games that year.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/midwestfan/?action=view&current=raidersgamearizona.flv

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Was waiting for my kids to be dropped off by their mother at my place..

The door was open because I saw them pulling up..and as soon as my daughter got near the doorway they announced the TD would stand..

I dont think she had ever seen her dad so crazy..Yelling, jumping up and down, and pumping my fist in the air..

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was watching the Denver/Packers game and once the Cardinals recovered the onside kick I got my radio and started listening to 620 when they were announcing the packer game because they kept updating us as they announced the packer game. And then they were like it's 4th and 26? and they started counting down 7 seconds, 6 seconds, 5, 4, 3, McCown drops back rolls out to the right throws it to the right corner of the endzone.....and TOUCHDOWN!!! I couldn't believe it, and then my heart sank when they took it to review but then once they showed it on TV on knew it would stay a TD.

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great video...A moment in Packer's history we can never forget. I was at the Packer/Charger game (the night before Irv died) and I remember their comeback in that game...Favre was fantastic...and the magic that came after...Irv was definately watching over, there is no other reason in my mind. (Too bad he wasnt watching the 4th down play in philly :/...!)

This little run is almost like 03...not as magical...but maybe, just maybe.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great video...A moment in Packer's history we can never forget. I was at the Packer/Charger game (the night before Irv died) and I remember their comeback in that game...Favre was fantastic...and the magic that came after...Irv was definately watching over, there is no other reason in my mind. (Too bad he wasnt watching the 4th down play in philly :/...!)

No offense but didn't the Pack play the Raiders the day after Irv died? How would it be that they played the Chargers the day before and the Raiders the day after? 2 games in three days???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was drunk as hell that day. 03 and 04 were big drinking years for me, especially on Sundays.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was trying to find a place to live. Father was removed from my life that thanksgiving and left me living in my truck for a lil bit.

I remember watching the game an suddenly hearing the roar of the fans. God that was an awesome feeling.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching the game with my mom, a Vikings fan. As soon as that pass was in the air I jumped up on my feet. Then I started yelling once I saw he caught it.

My mom wasn't too happy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You know the Cardinals helped us that year and helped us a lil bit this year by beating the 49ers.

Gotta love them Cards! :) Not to mention they gave us a win earlier in the year lol

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Pack/Bronc game not listening to the Vikings game (like half the stadium apparently was) because during a time out (possibly TV time out, not even sure anymore) everyone in the place started cheering, it was quite cool. Once people started passing the word to those of us not listening to the game, they made the announcement in the stadium as well. Good times.

OP
OP
P

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackwillBEback said:

No offense but didn't the Pack play the Raiders the day after Irv died? How would it be that they played the Chargers the day before and the Raiders the day after? 2 games in three days???

I mean the game before Irv died. That was a Sunday game and Irv died a little while later...

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That day was incredible.....I live in Arizona and at the time was living in Tempe right by ASU stadium (at the time the Cardinals played there). I was watching the Packers/Broncos game and they kept giving us updates of what was going on with the Cardinals.....I know there's a few seconds left in the Cards game so I'm bummed at this point and then all of a sudden I hear fireworks!!!!! The Cardinals stadium always blasts fireworks whenever they get a touchdown (wasn't often that year!). I was sitting here like holy ****!!! Did they just score? Then it went to the game to show the touchdown and that it was under review. I was running around so happy, that was a great day

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I remember is I was drunk and when I heard about the onside kick recovery by the Cards I did this silly little dance.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hey we were at that game too...our first pro game ever!! It was fantastic and the sea of Green and Gold made it even better. I don't know that it was the day before Mr. Favre passed away but it was the game before for sure because they were continuing their west coast swing that week.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Correction. That Packer/charger game was the week before Irv died. Packers/Raiders was the night after that.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts