Will they make the playoffs?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't care about who Vegas picks. Vegas doesn't care which team they end up naming the favorite; just that team draws equal bets for and against so they can clean up on the vig.
I don't know that anyone- certainly not me- looked at Jordy's loss in a vacuum, but as a cumulative across the board effect, which it has been on the passing game.
As to the rest of your post, good points.I think this week is gonna have a say in which direction the rest of this season goes.

Sky King

Reaction score
Don't care about who Vegas picks. Vegas doesn't care which team they end up naming the favorite; just that team draws equal bets for and against so they can clean up on the vig.
I don't know that anyone- certainly not me- looked at Jordy's loss in a vacuum, but as a cumulative across the board effect, which it has been on the passing game.
As to the rest of your post, good points.I think this week is gonna have a say in which direction the rest of this season goes.
Quite true regarding the betting line. The odds makers are out to make money. Everyone else's.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But you weren't thinking that when the Packers were 6-0, right? After Nelson went down their road to a title got tougher but there was no reason to think their chances for the playoffs were slim at the start of the season. If the OL were playing as they did at the end of last season, if Rodgers were playing as he did - only with two healthy legs, if the RBs were producing as they did, their receiver corp was plenty good enough to win the division without Nelson.

No actually I was concerned. My sons tell me I tend to be too pessimistic about my team. But there was too many "ifs" in those games that made me nervous. I wasn't totally convinced they were as good as their record showed. I was impressed with the win over the Seahawks until I realized Cam Chancellor was still holding out. I had doubts then, and now my doubts are greater. But I would love to be wrong.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I have a hard time accepting that a passing offense with Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, and James Jones just isn't good enough to get the job done when one headlined by Josh McCown, Johnny Manziel, Travis Benjamin, and Gary Barnidge is currently a top 6 passing offense.

I don't buy it. They were good enough the first 6 weeks, and I sure hope they wouldn't use that as an excuse for what's going on even if true.

There's no excuse for a 12-4 team suddenly having slim playoff odds after losing one WR as you say when they have an MVP quarterback.

Well that certainly is valid. I don't even know who Benjamin and Barnidge are. :eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
About the only "Fantasy" football for me lately is the fantasy that the Packers would run the table to the Super Bowl. ;)

hematoma7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No
I think today will signal the end of our beloved pack. Its just not meant to be this year. I just cant keep caring about a team that is playing this way. Why i waste my time getting mad and frustrated is beyond me. Plus i live in Minneapolis so its extra
maddening. I would rather slam my hand in a door than hope a sack comes or a wide reciever gets open or Rodgers makes an accurate pass if they do.
Now i feel better.

Sky King

Reaction score
Underachievement is hard to accept regardless of the reasons. This team appears to have lost all of its momentum going into this next game. The number of games left in the season more than provides them with a genuine opportunity to again reach the playoffs. Their dismal performances during the last three games do not inspire much confidence that they have the moxie to pull it off.

My head and my heart are on a collision course.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think there gonna get after Minnesota today. Lacy and Davante step up. Rodgers gets it done.

realist4pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as playoffs I am personally looking forward to getting out of this losing streak. Thought we would beat Detroit. just goes to show when it rains it floods. I say we don't make playoffs as I do not see any way of fixing our issues under the current regime.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs? Yes, definitely make the playoffs. Maybe not the #2 seed, but still the playoffs. I understand we have been on a losing streak and the Detroit game was horrible but we are only beating ourselves. This team can go the distance if everything clicks and we just beat a 7-2 team which was on a 5 game win streak, and not by only a point or 2. We might be in rough seas but this ship will right itself and hopefully keep afloat into the playoffs, where teams are forced to make it happen or will be sent packing.

Latest posts