Will they make the playoffs?

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
I honestly feel like they will, but I'm not too sure about winning the division. Maybe the wildcard. What do y'all think?

Fadam1137

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last week I got called a troll for implying such blasphemy lol.
If the O can't get it together, they'll miss the playoffs

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not playing like this. The good news is is we have seen these players play much better bad news is we haven't seen it this year

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I see at least 10-6, which almost always gets a team in.

As Mondio said above, we have the ability to play better. Hopefully we can make a run.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8 wins gets them in the playoffs. They only need 2-3 to lock in a playoff spot. Not saying they'll be good. But, get in and anything can happen

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were hoping for more than just making the playoffs again and getting eliminated short of the Super Bowl once more.

Now I'm questioning making the playoffs.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get in and make a run great. If we dont, better draft position and TT can keeping taking the BPA regardless of position, which coupled with the best QB in the league and one of the premeire HC's get's you.....ummmmm

NorthEast Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly feel like they will, but I'm not too sure about winning the division. Maybe the wildcard. What do y'all think?
Despite losing 3 straight, they are still in great position to get themselves there. As fans, we should consider ourselves lucky; last 4 games have been so-so before this clunker, but they won 2 of them, somehow

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They made the playoffs in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014, was just slipping into the playoffs and not getting into the Super Bowl really the expectation for team led by a soon-to-be 32 year old Aaron Rodgers?

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just lost to what is arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL...at home. Not only did we lose, we averaged 3 points through the first 3 quarters. The only reason it was a remotely close game is because their crappy kicker missed 2 extra points in a row.

My prediction: Either we snap out of this funk next week or the Vikings win NFC north and we don't get a wildcard. No one will get fired. We will waste another 6 draft picks on defense, the defense won't improve and we'll end up having this same discussion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My prediction: Either we snap out of this funk next week or the Vikings win NFC north and we don't get a wildcard. No one will get fired. We will waste another 6 draft picks on defense, the defense won't improve and we'll end up having this same discussion.

We miss the playoffs I am 99% sure changes will be made

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just lost to what is arguably one of the worst teams in the NFL...at home. Not only did we lose, we averaged 3 points through the first 3 quarters. The only reason it was a remotely close game is because their crappy kicker missed 2 extra points in a row.

Two points can make a difference between a game that's remotely close and one that isn't?

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two points can make a difference between a game that's remotely close and one that isn't?

You miss the point, we had every chance to win a game against a very bad team and still couldn't.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cannot expect to do the same things and expect different results. Changes need to be made.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just lost to the worst NFL team at home after suffering two consecutive losses, right now it's hard to imagine making the playoffs, but even if we do what's the difference? This squad is playing peewee football compared to teams like the Panthers and the Patriots. We need to right the ship in a hurry, and this requires firing some coaching staff and bringing in a fresh pair of brains, particularly on defense.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have corrected the ship without firing anyone before and won a Super Bowl. So firing people is not necessarily the answer. Also, as far as making the playoffs, we are currently the #1 Wildcard and Atlanta is #2. Next in line is the Seahawks at 4-4 and we have a 2 game lead on them. So, no, panic mode is still not necessary.

Do we need to correct things? Yes. Do we need to freak out, fire staff and change everything? No. We make a few adjustments and make some plays and we will be fine. Let's face it, we just aren't use to seeing an offense struggling. We have the pieces, just put it back together.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean hey look, at the end of the day you really can't blame people for being upset at what's going on here. I mean I know Denver went out and played arguably just as bad if not worse than us, but Manning is in the twilight of his career and likely will retire after this year, whereas Rodgers should still have a number of good years left in him. I have no doubt that at some point the Rodgers we all know will come out and things will get better, it's just this is not the year after coming off almost making the Superbowl that struggles should be happening.

I think where the rage coming from us fans is that it seemed like in years past, something was always done to fix the problems the following week. This year, we've really seen a bad regression on O that it just seems like nothing has been done to fix. You just aren't seeing the players come out playing with a chip on their shoulder, you just are not seeing people playing like they are on a mission, and seeing the offense struggle like this is not something that has ever happened under McCarthy's watch.

I don't think people are just trying to say give up on the team, nobody wants to do that. I think we're just all trying to be honest about how bad things have gotten on offense and really want something done about it. Players looking lost out there and sputtering and falling behind to this degree is just not something we've seen before under this regime and I think we're all looking at the fact that Mr Slocum was canned for not fixing his problems last year and we just feel like the people running the offense need to be held accountable too.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dagger - while you are correct that the Packers righted the ship in the 2010 injury riddled season and went on to win the Super Bowl, you will have to admit that they have not looked this bad over a 3 game stretch since Rodgers became the starter in 2008.

In 2010, here were their 6 losses - and they did not lose 3 games in a row that year:
@ Chicago lost 20 - 17 (3 point loss)
@ Washington lost 16 - 13 in OT (3 point loss)
vs Miami lost 23 - 20 in OT (3 point loss)
@ Atlanta lost 20 - 17 (3 point loss)
@ Detroit lost 7 - 3 (4 point loss - Rodgers knocked out of that game)
@ New England lost 31 - 27 (4 point loss - Matt Flynn started)

Three of those losses were to playoff teams - Chicago (11-5) won the NFC North, Atlanta (13-3) won the NFC South, New England (14-2) won the AFC East. Washington (6-10), Miami (7-9), and Detroit (6-10) all missed the playoffs. They were in every game they lost and made a few adjustments and corrections to get to the Super Bowl and win it all.

Fast forward to 2015 and the Packers 3 losses:
@ Denver lost 29 - 10 (19 point loss) which is Denver's largest margin of victory this year and lost to a team who have lost 2 straight games since and benched Peyton Manning today.
@ Carolina lost 37 - 29 (8 point loss) to a team that is probably the best team in the NFC.
vs Detroit lost 18 - 16 (2 point loss) to arguably the worst team in the NFL.

I really believe that it is going to take a lot more than just making a few adjustments to right this ship. While I agree that firing everyone is not the answer, I do believe that some huge major changes have to be made to get this team back on track. Maybe bringing in Joe Philbin as an offensive consultant, if Philbin would even consider it, might help the offense. And who was the OC in 2010 - Joe Philbin.

Members online

Latest posts