Why Moss and not Kevin Curtis

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why Kevin Curtis is not on the Packer radar, I suppose he doesn't bring as much potential as Moss but he certainly doesn't bring the package as well. Any idea why the Pack has not even brought him in?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well curtis fired his agent and for a few days couldnt negociate with anyone cos he had to wait 3 days as the NFL rules stipulate before he can hire a new one.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has Curtis done in his carear? If you want that type of player I would prefer a Brandon Stokley.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kevin curtis barely demands single coverage, much less the double team randy moss will get every down.

kevin curtis has good numbers because he was the third threat on team where both the 1 and 2 reciever could demand double coverage ... not that he isnt a fine reciever i just think anything he has done in the league is a result of the team he played for. and thats fine... i just think hes more of a role guy than even a 2nd depth chart receiver.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well kevins curtis isnt the biggest threat of all time but yall need to think about what yur saying about kevin curtis before talk. kevin curtis came in when issac bruce was hurt and had a great season. this past season there wasnt much room for him with steven jackson leading the team in receptions and bruce and holt healthy all seaon. im not saying the guy is a great or anything im just saying leave it alone

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why Kevin Curtis is not on the Packer radar, I suppose he doesn't bring as much potential as Moss but he certainly doesn't bring the package as well. Any idea why the Pack has not even brought him in?

I'll help you understand.

1. Curtis only comes up to randys waste in terms of height
2. Curtis has proven only that he can be a good third receiver as a third optionwhen not covered whereas Randy demands double coverage on every down.

3. Well, i was going to make a long list but i think 1 & 2 pretty much say it all.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Curtis is overrated. I hope the Vikings and Lions overpay for him. He hasn't done anything that special in his career.

Reaction score
I think the Packers are looking for tall WRs.

Curtis is listed as 5'11, and I haven't seen a lot of plays where he has been able to do something after making the catch, a la Jennings. Packers are emphasizing being able to do something, and where as Jennings is also 5'11, he has been able to turn short passes into long gains.

I don't think Curtis has that ability.

OP
OP
C

Cdnpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well the eagles thought he might be worth taking, so we'll see how he does
i can't beleive some of the sarcastic remarks made of this forum, makes a long time packer think twice of posting anything here

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i can't beleive some of the sarcastic remarks made of this forum, makes a long time packer think twice of posting anything here

It was a good suggestion man, especially based on the "building with young guys" crowd that roams around here. Sadly, the Eagles signed him so that makes him unskilled and a bad-fit.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Odds and ends: The Packers tried to get St. Louis wide receiver Kevin Curtis in for a visit but on Thursday he signed with Philadelphia. . . . The Packers were one of four teams that discussed trading for fullback Terrelle Smith before Cleveland cut him Wednesday.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnpackerfan said:

It was a good suggestion man, especially based on the "building with young guys" crowd that roams around here. Sadly, the Eagles signed him so that makes him unskilled and a bad-fit.

Uh, Kevin Curtis isnt all that young by the way.

He just looks young because hes shorter than most 12 year old boys

But seriously, hes a year younger than Randy Moss. How come Curtis is viewed as young and up and coming while Randy Moss is viewed as past his prime, lost a step, used up.

So interesting how people think.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only is there not much difference in the age there will ultimately not be that much difference in the contract once it is renegotiated.

Curtis got some pretty big bucks considering his CAREER stats are about one average years worth for Moss.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only is there not much difference in the age there will ultimately not be that much difference in the contract once it is renegotiated.

Curtis got some pretty big bucks considering his CAREER stats are about one average years worth for Moss.

Stop trying to confuse us with logic & facts

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The endless debate about Moss vs. whoozit makes me think:

why not just draft a guy like Sidney Rice and forget all this nonsense?

I think it would be better to finesse a trade for Michael Turner if you're going to trade for anyone.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts