Why don't we try and trade for...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Tashard Choice? I suggested it in a few other threads, but I think that we could make just about the same offer for one of Dallas' running backs as we could for Marshawn Lynch, and in all honesty, I think we'd be getting a way better back. I'd be happy with any of Dallas' backs, with maybe Barber being the exception. He's a little prone to injury. Regardless, Dallas is looking pretty hapless right now, and I think we could make out on a pretty good deal.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont think dallas would trade with a NFC enemy..
I think we should try and get Steve Slaton from Texans or Willis Mcgahee from the Ravens
Both AFC guys, both are backups. Slaton is only 24 years of age and Mcgahee is 28.
Mcgahee's stats are pretty good. He's never played with a team that has good WR's and good QB.

i'm hoping we do something in the next week or two. One more RB injury and were in BIG TROUBLE

OP
OP
Incubes12

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I couldn't tell you exactly what it might cost us, but I don't think it would be any more than Buffalo would ask for Lynch. I'm not sure how highly Dallas values him. He's 3rd on the depth chart and hardly gets any touches, but I think he could be a starter on any other team (I'm not sure if Dallas is aware of that).

As far as trading with an NFC enemy, I'm not sure they'll mind at this point, they look terrible and need whatever help they can get.

Slaton would be nice, but I don't like McGahee. In Buffalo he had a worse attitude than Lynch, plus he has a bum knee that could give out any second. I would much rather have a younger do-it-all back like Choice, if the the price is right.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Bjax gets nicked up, then something's gonna happen. Or if he can't perform well, and we miss our running game.

Otherwise, I don't think anything is gonna happen...

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say we get Slaton and get Grant in practice to teach him how to NOT fumble the ball. He could probably be had for as low as a 6th rounder, too.

I like the idea of a Dal RB but he's... going to be way too much. At least a 2nd, maybe even a 4th with that...Way too much.

I'd like to see whassup with Rashad Jennings of the Jags, too. Go check him out.

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
J. Battle of the KC Chiefs? All I know of him is seeing him in preseason game 4 vs the Pack running all over :ph34r: He must be on their practice squad because Jones, Charles and McCluster are starters.

Kallalives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think getting Houston's other backup running back Derrick ward would be a better option because Brandon Jackson is still a decent small speedy running back what we need is a big bruiser which Ward could give us. I wouldn't give up anything more then a 4th round pick on RB though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well TT wouldnt make the trade for the best TE of all time or a top 5 WR of all time... so i cant imagine him giving a 2nd or 3rd for a rb.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well TT wouldnt make the trade for the best TE of all time or a top 5 WR of all time... so i cant imagine him giving a 2nd or 3rd for a rb.
Let's not get into this again, but it has been already proven that both deals were virtually done. One didn't happen because Moss wanted a short term deal. The other, because after it was agreed (4th rounder), the Chiefs got a better offer in the brink of the moment (ATL's 3rd round pick) and lowballed the management for a better pick.

You can say he wasn't agressive enough, but not that he wouldn't make the trades. That is a lie.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I don't think the Dallas RBs would be all that thrilled with being traded. All they need is one good year and Jerry will dump $50M on em in a heartbeat.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not get into this again, but it has been already proven that both deals were virtually done. One didn't happen because Moss wanted a short term deal. The other, because after it was agreed (4th rounder), the Chiefs got a better offer in the brink of the moment (ATL's 3rd round pick) and lowballed the management for a better pick.

You can say he wasn't agressive enough, but not that he wouldn't make the trades. That is a lie.

You cant say he didnt have the opportunity to make a better offer so no its not a lie. He had an opportunity to do the deal or sweeten it. Moss was also due to the compensation in part.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wish virtually done could get us to the SB

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No guarantee that either of those receivers would have taken us to the SB. Remember, the greatest turnover artist in the history of the league was still with us at that time.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You cant say he didnt have the opportunity to make a better offer so no its not a lie. He had an opportunity to do the deal or sweeten it. Moss was also due to the compensation in part.
You said he WOULDN'T make the trades, which is a lie. He WOULD. In the agreed conditions. But he would. He didn't REFUSE to trade for them.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atl has turner,norwood and now Snelling showed he can be a starter...let's get one I vote Norwood

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no way, if that was a possibility, why would we get dimitri from their practice squad??? I don't like "crazy legs" norwood much at all

Staff online

Members online