Who's on the 53 Bubble?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jones has now served his one game suspension and Guion will be back after the Chiefs game. Barring an injury and a player being put on IR, who do you think the Packers will release to make room for Jones and Guion?

Lane Taylor and Demetri Goodson?

D

Deleted member 6794

Jones has now served his one game suspension and Guion will be back after the Chiefs game. Barring an injury and a player being put on IR, who do you think the Packers will release to make room for Jones and Guion?

Lane Taylor and Demetri Goodson?

I´m convinced the Packers won´t keep seven defensive linemen on the roster and expect Bruce Gaston to be the odd man out. In addition the team will most likely release an offensive lineman with either Taylor or Walker being waived.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I´m convinced the Packers won´t keep seven defensive linemen on the roster and expect Bruce Gaston to be the odd man out. In addition the team will most likely release an offensive lineman with either Taylor or Walker being waived.
Don't think it'll be Walker. He was in as an extra blocker on the Jones PI play in the end zone. The cut will be someone that was inactive, maybe the 3rd TE. Anyone hurt enough for short term IR?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't think it'll be Walker. He was in as an extra blocker on the Jones PI play in the end zone. The cut will be someone that was inactive, maybe the 3rd TE. Anyone hurt enough for short term IR?
Lane Taylor is my guess

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree i think its Gatson

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, Walker played four snaps vs. the Bears, so it´s most likely the Packers will keep him instead of Taylor if they decide to waive an offensive lineman.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'd use short term IR for anybody other than an important cog in the wheel if needed at some point during the season

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they'd use short term IR for anybody other than an important cog in the wheel if needed at some point during the season

No real reason to save it, if you have an injury that fits the time-frame go ahead and use it and free up the roster spot, no guarantee that you'll have another chance to use it. If it does end up happening to a crucial player later they'll just eat the roster spot for that time like they did with Rodgers in 2013 after Cobb went on IR/return.

Last year they used it on Tretter, a 4th round backup lineman who had yet to play a single down in the NFL. If Barrington had an 8 week injury I'm guessing they would use it. Good chance this is more than that.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No real reason to save it, if you have an injury that fits the time-frame go ahead and use it and free up the roster spot, no guarantee that you'll have another chance to use it. If it does end up happening to a crucial player later they'll just eat the roster spot for that time like they did with Rodgers in 2013 after Cobb went on IR/return.

Last year they used it on Tretter, a 4th round backup lineman who had yet to play a single down in the NFL. If Barrington had an 8 week injury I'm guessing they would use it. Good chance this is more than that.

Well last year Tretter was the "penciled in starter" at center pre injury and Lynsley was an unproven rookie so there is that but yeah its probably a lil more serious.

That said even if it wasn't I doubt they use it on Barrington

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well last year Tretter was the "penciled in starter" at center pre injury and Lynsley was an unproven rookie so there is that but yeah its probably a lil more serious.

That said even if it wasn't I doubt they use it on Barrington

I'm almost certain they would. Teams use it all the time for players that may not be crucial players but who they want back and have an injury that fits the timeline. It's a use or lose. If it's Lane Taylor and you're planning on releasing him anyway, yeah go ahead and just IR him. But if it's anyone who fits into your plans for the year, you may as well use it.

The Browns just put a sixth round rookie corner on it. The Titans and Dolphins just put their 2nd/3rd string RBs on it. It's very common. Given our lack of depth at ILB I'd be completely shocked if we didn't use the designation on a starting ILB if he had a half season injury.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to mute this point as it is moot :) he's on season ending IR

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose that this thread will stay alive until Guion's suspension comes to pass. We have many potential injuries to go until then....

Latest posts