1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's on the 53 Bubble?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pokerbrat2000, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,932
    Jones has now served his one game suspension and Guion will be back after the Chiefs game. Barring an injury and a player being put on IR, who do you think the Packers will release to make room for Jones and Guion?

Lane Taylor and Demetri Goodson?

2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    I´m convinced the Packers won´t keep seven defensive linemen on the roster and expect Bruce Gaston to be the odd man out. In addition the team will most likely release an offensive lineman with either Taylor or Walker being waived.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +964
    My guesses will be Boyd and perhaps some yet-to-be-named player going to IR. If a season-ending injury does not occur then it could be another D lineman, Gaston maybe.

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,631
    Don't think it'll be Walker. He was in as an extra blocker on the Jones PI play in the end zone. The cut will be someone that was inactive, maybe the 3rd TE. Anyone hurt enough for short term IR?

5. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +455
    Lane Taylor is my guess

6. Voltron

Voltron Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72

Agree i think its Gatson

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    Yeah, Walker played four snaps vs. the Bears, so it´s most likely the Packers will keep him instead of Taylor if they decide to waive an offensive lineman.

8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I don't think they'd use short term IR for anybody other than an important cog in the wheel if needed at some point during the season

9. jetfixer

jetfixer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    IR it is! Not good.

10. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    No real reason to save it, if you have an injury that fits the time-frame go ahead and use it and free up the roster spot, no guarantee that you'll have another chance to use it. If it does end up happening to a crucial player later they'll just eat the roster spot for that time like they did with Rodgers in 2013 after Cobb went on IR/return.

Last year they used it on Tretter, a 4th round backup lineman who had yet to play a single down in the NFL. If Barrington had an 8 week injury I'm guessing they would use it. Good chance this is more than that.

11. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    Well last year Tretter was the "penciled in starter" at center pre injury and Lynsley was an unproven rookie so there is that but yeah its probably a lil more serious.

That said even if it wasn't I doubt they use it on Barrington

12. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    I'm almost certain they would. Teams use it all the time for players that may not be crucial players but who they want back and have an injury that fits the timeline. It's a use or lose. If it's Lane Taylor and you're planning on releasing him anyway, yeah go ahead and just IR him. But if it's anyone who fits into your plans for the year, you may as well use it.

The Browns just put a sixth round rookie corner on it. The Titans and Dolphins just put their 2nd/3rd string RBs on it. It's very common. Given our lack of depth at ILB I'd be completely shocked if we didn't use the designation on a starting ILB if he had a half season injury.

13. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I'm going to mute this point as it is moot :) he's on season ending IR

14. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I suppose that this thread will stay alive until Guion's suspension comes to pass. We have many potential injuries to go until then....