1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's number 12?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    This kid is a changed man. Completely different than what I saw last year. Very impressive. Making good decisions, looks comfortable and poised.

Good to see.

2. sbp_387

sbp_387 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ya i hope he keeps it up, we have something to look forward to the way this kid is playing

3. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. Rodgers showed some good poise in the pocket and great scrambling ability as well.

4. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's not a kid anymore. He knows the playbook. The only thing he needs now is Favre to end his career on a high note... or a low note. WHatever.

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    NOt just 12 either. The defense played pretty well, especially the subs. It's just the pre season but it's nice to be able to go into Steelers stadium and win.

6. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To state the obvious, I thought the team was much better this year for game 1 of pre season than last year.

Rodgers is starting to win me over. I really liked what I saw out of him. He moves so well in the pocket too. On his pass to Ruvell he looked a little like a young Brett Favre with the way he moved around. A year ago I would of never imagine typing or saying those words.

7. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm still shocked.

8. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He looked good, and against a good defensive team that will put some pressure on you with the blitzes!

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He was elusive, yet stayed in the pocket till the last possible second. I think he looked better then he ever has in the past.

10. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    As I said in another thread his feet were great. If he didn't have an arm he wouldn't be here in the first place but he knows how to move around and can create extra time.

I think it's great to be a straight up drop back passer but in today's NFL with the emphsis now so great on pressure the QB HAS GOT TO BE athletic with the ability to escape.

I think this kid is going to be playing a long, long time. Especially once he gets a little pt in and get's a little more accurate on the run. He reminds me of the QB Tampa got from Philly. I forget his name but he's very agile and can throw it on the run. He's getting a little older now but a very athletic guy.

11. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I believe you're thinking of Jeff Garcia, war.

Funny you should draw that parallel, cause Garcia broke out in San Fran. I'm pretty sure our very own MM was on the offensive staff when that happened, so the similarities would make a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I didn't think MM was there in the Garcia days so I looked it up

1987-88 Fort Hays State Graduate Assistant
    1989 Univ. of Pittsburgh Volunteer Assistant (QBs)
    1989-91 Univ. of Pittsburgh Graduate Assistant (QBs)
    1992 Univ. of Pittsburgh Wide Receivers
    1993-94 Kansas City Chiefs Off. Assistant/Quality Control
    1995-98 Kansas City Chiefs Quarterbacks
    1999 Green Bay Packers Quarterbacks
    2000-04 New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator
    2005 San Francisco 49ers Offensive Coordinator
    2006-07 Green Bay Packers Head Coach

MM was in KC at the tail end of Montana's days and maybe the Salisbury days?? I can't seem to find a 95 through 98 roster for the Chiefs :(

13. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Ahhh found the useless information... it was Steve Bono and one Rich Gannon that MM coached in KC.

Can't forget Grbac was brought in to be the savior of the franchise :rotflmao:

14. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Yes. Garcia is who I was thinking of. Great feet and comes back to the huddle as if running around out there is just part of it (vs. looking a little rattled by the pressure).

Having to move around out there doesn't seem to be a big deal to Aaron. Some QB's do not like getting chased around at all. A guy named Rex comes to mind on this. His forte is obviously not getting chased from the pocket.

In today's NFL being able to move is just going to be part of the drill. Defenses are GOING to bring it.