Who's number 12?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This kid is a changed man. Completely different than what I saw last year. Very impressive. Making good decisions, looks comfortable and poised.

Good to see.

sbp_387

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya i hope he keeps it up, we have something to look forward to the way this kid is playing

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a kid anymore. He knows the playbook. The only thing he needs now is Favre to end his career on a high note... or a low note. WHatever.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOt just 12 either. The defense played pretty well, especially the subs. It's just the pre season but it's nice to be able to go into Steelers stadium and win.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To state the obvious, I thought the team was much better this year for game 1 of pre season than last year.

Rodgers is starting to win me over. I really liked what I saw out of him. He moves so well in the pocket too. On his pass to Ruvell he looked a little like a young Brett Favre with the way he moved around. A year ago I would of never imagine typing or saying those words.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was elusive, yet stayed in the pocket till the last possible second. I think he looked better then he ever has in the past.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said in another thread his feet were great. If he didn't have an arm he wouldn't be here in the first place but he knows how to move around and can create extra time.

I think it's great to be a straight up drop back passer but in today's NFL with the emphsis now so great on pressure the QB HAS GOT TO BE athletic with the ability to escape.

I think this kid is going to be playing a long, long time. Especially once he gets a little pt in and get's a little more accurate on the run. He reminds me of the QB Tampa got from Philly. I forget his name but he's very agile and can throw it on the run. He's getting a little older now but a very athletic guy.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this kid is going to be playing a long, long time. Especially once he gets a little pt in and get's a little more accurate on the run. He reminds me of the QB Tampa got from Philly. I forget his name but he's very agile and can throw it on the run. He's getting a little older now but a very athletic guy.

I believe you're thinking of Jeff Garcia, war.

Funny you should draw that parallel, cause Garcia broke out in San Fran. I'm pretty sure our very own MM was on the offensive staff when that happened, so the similarities would make a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I didn't think MM was there in the Garcia days so I looked it up

1987-88 Fort Hays State Graduate Assistant
1989 Univ. of Pittsburgh Volunteer Assistant (QBs)
1989-91 Univ. of Pittsburgh Graduate Assistant (QBs)
1992 Univ. of Pittsburgh Wide Receivers
1993-94 Kansas City Chiefs Off. Assistant/Quality Control
1995-98 Kansas City Chiefs Quarterbacks
1999 Green Bay Packers Quarterbacks
2000-04 New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator
2005 San Francisco 49ers Offensive Coordinator
2006-07 Green Bay Packers Head Coach

MM was in KC at the tail end of Montana's days and maybe the Salisbury days?? I can't seem to find a 95 through 98 roster for the Chiefs :(

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ahhh found the useless information... it was Steve Bono and one Rich Gannon that MM coached in KC.

Can't forget Grbac was brought in to be the savior of the franchise :rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I believe you're thinking of Jeff Garcia, war.

Funny you should draw that parallel, cause Garcia broke out in San Fran. I'm pretty sure our very own MM was on the offensive staff when that happened, so the similarities would make a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

Yes. Garcia is who I was thinking of. Great feet and comes back to the huddle as if running around out there is just part of it (vs. looking a little rattled by the pressure).

Having to move around out there doesn't seem to be a big deal to Aaron. Some QB's do not like getting chased around at all. A guy named Rex comes to mind on this. His forte is obviously not getting chased from the pocket.

In today's NFL being able to move is just going to be part of the drill. Defenses are GOING to bring it.