Who would you draft?

H

HardRightEdge

Meanest defensive MF on the planet. Ok I already said that. :oops:
If you don't mind a bad Wonderlic, a few more personal fouls than you'd prefer, a fondness for the Mary Jane and a history of badmouthing his coaches, sometimes you don't even need a draft pick. See Vontaze Burfict. Or if you don't mind a guy who brings guns into the locker room and takes a shot at a coach (no matter how justified ;)), James Harrison was another noted mean MF who went undrafted.

The meanest MFs often come with baggage. It might be worth it to have just one...that should be containable.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really is pointless to think about the draft until after the bowl games. You will see the players emerge from those games against better competition before larger crowds. It also makes a difference who declares as eligible for the draft from the junior pool.
I think it's easier to focus on need areas.

DT/NG/DE: I would let Raji walk if he wouldn't take $6 million, not $8 million as offered. They still have not replaced Cullen Jenkins on the outside, though Jolly is having a remarkable year, but is around 30.
Pickett is probably done.
WR: you might not agree with this, but injuries deeply hurt the team this year.
TE: Finley is likely done, at least with the Packers. They need another Finley.
LB: Hawk is a team guy, but Jones is proving to be a good backup. Both are liabilities in coverage.
S: This is a clusterfudge that needs one stud.
KR: this MUST be an off season priority. Look what Ross has done for Detroit.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
IMO, the most important thing we need to do is beef up our Oline.

Followed by WR/TE/DB. Impact players. And we need to be less concerned about possible character concerns and more concerned about playing ability.

Draft or FA, it needs to get done.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think my point was missed. Since TT should have drafted a safety last year because it was so fat with safety talent, shouldn't the Packer be like the only team needing one?
Hmmmmm, something's not adding up.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think my point was missed. Since TT should have drafted a safety last year because it was so fat with safety talent, shouldn't the Packer be like the only team needing one?
Hmmmmm, something's not adding up.

It only takes one other team in need ahead of us to prevent our getting the only elite safety in the class. And unfortunately for us, the Rams will be drafting twice ahead of us and they also need a safety.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade up and take Sammy Watkins from Clemson. That adds depth at wr and there goes your kick returner/punt returner. We need a safety but i would honestly look to nab a safety in the 2nd round like Michigan States safety and like i said before..if Bj Raji wants to much money?? plenty of fat guys who can occupy space for a lot less money. Jones, Shields, and Jolly can get the Raji money.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense, defense, defese. We have what, two players signed for the dline next year (yeah, hyperbole, I know it's closer to four). Our middle linebackers are average, at best and with the injury histories of CM3 and Perry, another OLB wouldn't be a bad idea. A WR group of Cobb, Nelson, Boykin and Jones/scout team guy is plenty for Rodgers to work with. Pretty sure the Packers like Bostick at TE and he has a lot of potential. Our offense, as is, is strong enough to win titles. You could put Calvin Johnson on this team and we'd still lose because our defensive personnel are so poor (btw, just noticed this was directly below a post advocating WR, this wasn't intended as a direct reply, more generalized to those wanting offense).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to see Thompson trade the 1st round pick and try to get a total of 6 picks in the first 90 slots. I think there are good 3-4 defensive linemen to be had in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. Other needs: Safety,TE,WR ILB or CB can also be had in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think Ted is likely to get compensatory picks in the 4th and 6th round. I'm working under the assumption that we will be drafting between 15-20 as I think realistically, we will probably lose at least one game yet and likely will not make the playoffs. I'm not a big fan of drafting in the 15-20 slot, I think you get more value by trading back at least once.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not going to be though. So.... not.

I know. I get it. I hope you are smart enough understand where I'm coming from with that comment. If not, I would be happy to bust out the crayons for you.

superquest

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) If Finley is gone we have to go with 1 of the big 3 TE's at pick #21 to replace him. The big 3 are also the only TE's out there running in the 4.6 range in the 40.

2) If Finley is medically cleared and resigns then would love to have Bama safety Clinton Dix however he will be gone by #21 so I'll be happy with DL Hagerman, Safety Pryor, or DL Louis Nix III.

3) If we take one of the D lineman in the 1st then gotta try to get the Stanford safety Reynolds in the 2nd.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts