Who Will Start?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is also something to be said about not giving up sacks at R tackle. If we can do that; giving center a try is reasonable and Tom can move back to tackle if needed. Because no matter how good he is at center; it's more important to give Love time from rushers on the outside.

I believe its worse to give up pressure from the inside. Those players generally have a shorter path to the qb.

But I do get your point, if you dont have a competent tackle to replace him, thats a problem

Could Jordan Morgan be that right tackle?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could Jordan Morgan be that right tackle?

Depends how they see Morgan.

One has to think they see Morgan as the LT of the future, and as such, they're going to work to turn him into that player sooner rather than later. If he looks good enough to start, then I'd guess they see if Walker can hack it on the right side. If he can't, then things get interesting and the staff has a difficult decision.

The simple path forward is Morgan isn't good enough week 1 and we roll with Walker Jenkins Meyers Rhyan Tom to begin the season. Morgan as the presumptive left-side backup on game day, Jacob Monk as the C/G backup, and whoever shakes out as the RT backup. Everyone makes 8 active due to some roster bonus rules. You get 47 game day players, 48 so long as you active 8 offensive linemen.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always depends, but I'd say that is a poor bet. 11 personnel (3WR, 1RB, 1TE) is the most common offensive grouping at 61% in 2023 (note this doc only cover only the 1st half of 2023, I haven't found a more up to date one https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/nfl-preseason-personnel-grouping/#:~:text=League-wide so far this,% (22% last year) ), which all but demands nickel.

The second most common is 12 personnel, at 27%.

In other words, an 88% chance that you'll be facing a single back offense. Why would you presume base?
Those numbers only mean something if they are for the 1st series as the question dictates. So, Captain please give us the stats of offenses personnel grouping on their 1st series of a game. Oops. Never mind.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those numbers only mean something if they are for the 1st series as the question dictates. So, Captain please give us the stats of offenses personnel grouping on their 1st series of a game. Oops. Never mind.

Heh, all I have is what I posted. I can't give you what I cannot find. I am curious what you find doubtful of the stats.

As far as the Eagles themselves, they used 11 personnel above average (64%) last year, but also used 21 personnel above average (25%). Further throwing a wrench into the works, they have a brand new OC in Kellen Moore. Moore's reputation is that he tends to forget about/ignore the run AND that he loves 11 personnel.

It still seems more likely that the Eagles open w/ 3WRs on their first snap.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically it just gave me a chance to invoke the Captains name in my silly sort of protest. IMO the more this thread goes on I am beginning to think the question might be just as silly.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically it just gave me a chance to invoke the Captains name in my silly sort of protest. IMO the more this thread goes on I am beginning to think the question might be just as silly.
Why silly? Just trying to guess who the starters will be. Not complicated. But it will show something of what the coaches are thinking.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But it will show something of what the coaches are thinking.
Not what the coaches are thinking but what we think the coaches are thinking. I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that ... where was I?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why silly? Just trying to guess who the starters will be. Not complicated. But it will show something of what the coaches are thinking.
I guess the limiting it to the 1st series kinda made it very hard to nail down. IMO.

Members online