Who`s gonna confess to

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Is it possible if Ponder looked so bad vs the Pack on purpose? Just to **** off the front office? Would be stupid if he did, but what other reason is there for being so far off..

We have seen him be pretty good --so why so bad now??
He is hurt
Did it on purpose
Out of sync with wr
He didn't look as bad as Weeden and you can be assured that wasn't by design. Capers confused the hell out of Ponder. It's why I think the Vikings either get Freeman up to speed or they look for a signal caller in the draft.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Is it possible if Ponder looked so bad vs the Pack on purpose? Just to **** off the front office? Would be stupid if he did, but what other reason is there for being so far off..

We have seen him be pretty good --so why so bad now??
He is hurt
Did it on purpose
Out of sync with wr
I think part of it is he has just never gotten used to the speed of the NFL game. It is much faster than the college game, and the o-line is not helping this year with poor pass protection.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Surprised to hear you say that Weeds. This is rounding into a better team than I had even hoped for. I'm not worried about either team at this point. I think the Packers (when healthy) can beat either of them.

Do you really? I'm not that confident about those two teams as I am about the rest of the NFC. Make no mistake, I am happy with the way these guys are playing, particularly in both lines.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Do you really? I'm not that confident about those two teams as I am about the rest of the NFC. Make no mistake, I am happy with the way these guys are playing, particularly in both lines.
Yes, I'm really feeling very good about this years' team. They have depth at most positions that were a question mark earlier that seem to be answered.
I believe Jackson can win enough if 12 is injured for a few games. A season ending injury to Roders is not a SB team but still a playoff team. That is likely true for all 32 teams. RB is solid. I'm still high on Starks despite many injuries. I'm not a fan of Kuhn but a TE can fill in if he misses games.
Boykin looks to be progressing and is obviously someone they can win with. White is coming along and Jones will be back soon. Jordy Nelson is.... well Jordy Nelson. Superhuman.
TE is a question mark but as the season goes along I think we might see Quarless round out and though I'm not sold on improvement from Stoneburner you have to like the idea of Bostick maybe doing something. OK, but I'm an optimist. Just give me this one.
You have to be pleased with the OL. Bahk looks ready for the rest of the season, G is all good. EDS is solidifying his position with Tretter on the mend. Barclay, if not solid has his moments in the run game and Newhouse and possibly Sherrod will be available.
DL is overstocked but that won't hurt rotating guys. OLB is getting healthier and Neal, Palmer and Mulumba have looked serviceable and getting important snaps for experience. Perry and Matthews will both be back soon.
Hawk is on fire with this DL and Jones is possibly playing this game. Lattimore has shown he can fill the gap.
What the heck more would you want from CBs with Shields, Williams, House, Hayward and Micah Hyde?
Burnett is solid and there is enough rotational depth for Capers to chose his opposite with Jennings, McMillian and Banjo available. I know this sounds crazy but I believe that Richardson will be a player for this team and he's been cleared to play. (he's my dark horse candidate)
It seems Crosby has cleared his mental block, the Ginger Wolverine hasn't lost a step, healed injuries will fill out the ST roster to help with returns. Goode is the best long snapper in the entire history of the NFL and Jarrett Bush is back!!! Oh, did I mention it seems they will try Micah Hyde at KO returner?
If you see obvious flaws in this roster I'd like any and all to point them out. I'm really riding the green and gold cool-aid this year. I think these guys are going to be special.
As for San Fran and Seattle I don't see how they are superior. Kaep will have his moments but our secondary is rounding into form and we're getting push and pressure and sacks from the DL which we didn't have earlier. The light may or may not come on for DatOne but if it does - him and Daniels will be dangerous rushing. Let's wait and see how the vaunted Chicago WRs do tomorrow night against our DBs.
Seattle is ripe for the taking. If you shut down Lynch they have to rely on the passing game and that kind of game can get lopsided for them in a hurry.
I don't believe they could beat either team without James Jones or Cobb but they are both due back before the playoffs. If a TE steps up, this is a SB team no doubt.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If this team wants to show that they are ready to compete for the SB, then they go into Ford field on Turkey day and stomp on the Lions. IMO, that will be the perfect opportunity for a statement game.

I like this team. Eerily similar to 2010. Even Finley is out again...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think part of it is he has just never gotten used to the speed of the NFL game. It is much faster than the college game, and the o-line is not helping this year with poor pass protection.
The o-line isn't doing a good job, but we all know what QBs like Favre and Rodgers can accomplish with poor o-lines. Ponder just never developed, and it can be argued that's because he got thrust into the starting role too early. He looks scared and skittish in the pocket this season. His throws are hurried and off-target. He doesn't recognize coverages well and misses the blitz too often. Yesterday's strip-sack in the endzone was a great example of him not understanding the finer points of the game. I think that he is officially a shell of his former self and destined for the QB heap. It makes me wonder why the Vikings aren't starting Freeman every week to see if they have a QB or a need for a QB in the draft.

Every Vikings fan that I know is convinced that the Vikings will throw in Joe Webb at quarterback against the Eagles later this season and that they'll lose a valuable draft position again, just like in 2010

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yes, I'm really feeling very good about this years' team. They have depth at most positions that were a question mark earlier that seem to be answered.
I believe Jackson can win enough if 12 is injured for a few games. A season ending injury to Roders is not a SB team but still a playoff team. That is likely true for all 32 teams. RB is solid. I'm still high on Starks despite many injuries. I'm not a fan of Kuhn but a TE can fill in if he misses games.
Boykin looks to be progressing and is obviously someone they can win with. White is coming along and Jones will be back soon. Jordy Nelson is.... well Jordy Nelson. Superhuman.
TE is a question mark but as the season goes along I think we might see Quarless round out and though I'm not sold on improvement from Stoneburner you have to like the idea of Bostick maybe doing something. OK, but I'm an optimist. Just give me this one.
You have to be pleased with the OL. Bahk looks ready for the rest of the season, G is all good. EDS is solidifying his position with Tretter on the mend. Barclay, if not solid has his moments in the run game and Newhouse and possibly Sherrod will be available.
DL is overstocked but that won't hurt rotating guys. OLB is getting healthier and Neal, Palmer and Mulumba have looked serviceable and getting important snaps for experience. Perry and Matthews will both be back soon.
Hawk is on fire with this DL and Jones is possibly playing this game. Lattimore has shown he can fill the gap.
What the heck more would you want from CBs with Shields, Williams, House, Hayward and Micah Hyde?
Burnett is solid and there is enough rotational depth for Capers to chose his opposite with Jennings, McMillian and Banjo available. I know this sounds crazy but I believe that Richardson will be a player for this team and he's been cleared to play. (he's my dark horse candidate)
It seems Crosby has cleared his mental block, the Ginger Wolverine hasn't lost a step, healed injuries will fill out the ST roster to help with returns. Goode is the best long snapper in the entire history of the NFL and Jarrett Bush is back!!! Oh, did I mention it seems they will try Micah Hyde at KO returner?
If you see obvious flaws in this roster I'd like any and all to point them out. I'm really riding the green and gold cool-aid this year. I think these guys are going to be special.
As for San Fran and Seattle I don't see how they are superior. Kaep will have his moments but our secondary is rounding into form and we're getting push and pressure and sacks from the DL which we didn't have earlier. The light may or may not come on for DatOne but if it does - him and Daniels will be dangerous rushing. Let's wait and see how the vaunted Chicago WRs do tomorrow night against our DBs.
Seattle is ripe for the taking. If you shut down Lynch they have to rely on the passing game and that kind of game can get lopsided for them in a hurry.
I don't believe they could beat either team without James Jones or Cobb but they are both due back before the playoffs. If a TE steps up, this is a SB team no doubt.

It is gratifying to read a definitively positive post. Thank you. Sometimes we get so caught up in the shortcomings that we completely look past all the great things that are happening right now.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It is gratifying to read a definitively positive post. Thank you. Sometimes we get so caught up in the shortcomings that we completely look past all the great things that are happening right now.
Well I was being optimistic but the picture sure has changed. I still feel this is a superb squad and their season is all in front of them. I still see the playoffs and with the health picture shaping up they can win it all.
I just have to wonder if the injuries will ever stop. I keep listening for the phone to ring. You should too, they're running out of bodies.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well I was being optimistic but the picture sure has changed. I still feel this is a superb squad and their season is all in front of them. I still see the playoffs and with the health picture shaping up they can win it all.
I just have to wonder if the injuries will ever stop. I keep listening for the phone to ring. You should too, they're running out of bodies.

You haven't received a call, yet? I already got mine, but I declined. Am holding out for a longer term contract.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Not this guy. I've gone into the photography business with our old QB1. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts