Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't expect the 9er's to be impacted by the weather in the least. I do expect us to have a slight advantage because we are at home.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current forecast for Saturday is high of 22, which means upper teens at game time. Not quite the balmy 50's SF is used to, but not a huge advantage for GB. Hope the GB faithful are LOUD whenever Garoppolo comes to the line, however.
And we know how Midwest weather can change in the next 5 days.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
And we know how Midwest weather can change in the next 5 days.
I used to always think that, but I tell you what, modern technology seems to have really made weather forecasting pretty darn accurate, within a 7 day or so window. Sure it may be up or down a few degrees and the snow might be an inch or two more or less, but for the most part, you can set your watch to the forecasts.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't expect the 9er's to be impacted by the weather in the least. I do expect us to have a slight advantage because we are at home.
As a whole I'm not sure it'll be a huge factor, but I think it's quite likely that Garoppolo will struggle. I'm not sure how many games he's ever played in sub freezing temperatures. The one game this year he played where it was even below 40 was in Seattle and he sucked.

Not to mention his thumb issue. Things like that accentuate in really cold temps.

The key will be shutting the run off at least enough to make Garoppolo have to throw it more than 6 times like in 2019. Because if he is forced to throw as much as a normal quarterback throws, he's going to give the Packers opportunities for turnovers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As a whole I'm not sure it'll be a huge factor, but I think it's quite likely that Garoppolo will struggle. I'm not sure how many games he's ever played in sub freezing temperatures. The one game this year he played where it was even below 40 was in Seattle and he sucked.

Not to mention his thumb issue. Things like that accentuate in really cold temps.
Peyton Manning struggled in cold games. I think up until his final Super Bowl Season, he hadn't won any playoff games when the temps were below 40. His regular season record wasn't that good either in "cold" games.

I was trying to find the last under 30 degrees game that Garoppolo has played in and can't find any. He has played in Cincy, Baltimore and Seattle in Dec. but temps were near 40.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We held them to 67 yards rushing in September, and still needed a last second FG to win it.

That's going to be interesting. The first meeting was during the time the 49ers were playing like crap and were not playing good football (hence their 3-5 record after 9 weeks). Since then though, the 49ers have turned it around and are on a roll. Other than QB, both sides are playing really well.

But it's at Lambeau, so it will give GB the advantage.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, the last game time we played them, that game had some bad refs. I can't remember exactly what call it was but it led to their late TD.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's going to be interesting. The first meeting was during the time the 49ers were playing like crap and were not playing good football (hence their 3-5 record after 9 weeks). Since then though, the 49ers have turned it around and are on a roll. Other than QB, both sides are playing really well.

They had a decimated backfield after the Philly game. That helped a little.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think playing at Green Bay is a disadvantage for the Niners. They are a tough, physical team with a good running game. Just the type of team that will benefit from bad weather. The Packers are a finesse team that needs a dominant passing game. Just the type of team that would benefit from a mild day.

Reaction score
I don't think playing at Green Bay is a disadvantage for the Niners. They are a tough, physical team with a good running game. Just the type of team that will benefit from bad weather. The Packers are a finesse team that needs a dominant passing game. Just the type of team that would benefit from a mild day.
Anyone can win anywhere if properly prepared and motivated

What we 100% know they thrived at 72 degrees last Sunday in Dallas.
Would we rather fly to SF? I don’t think so.
I’ll take my chances and put them on a plane 2,238 miles and let them step into a “feels like 6 degrees” game with a hostile crowd

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just the type of team that will benefit from bad weather.
Who said anything about "bad weather"? It's going to be great weather, nice and cold with a bit of a breeze. Rodgers played absolutely fine in it against the Vikings a few weeks ago. Matter of fact, the Vikings didn't run the ball that great and they were considered a decent running team, even the same average yards per carry as the 9'ers at 4.3

Reaction score
Who said anything about "bad weather"? It's going to be great weather, nice and cold with a bit of a breeze. Rodgers played absolutely fine in it against the Vikings a few weeks ago. Matter of fact, the Vikings didn't run the ball that great and they were considered a decent running team, even the same average yards per carry as the 9'ers at 4.3
You just reminded me. We need to do what was successful against the Vikes. Get out into a lead and force them to play against their relative strengths. Force SF to Throw the ball and risk Turnovers.
I feel good about getting at least 1 INT if Garrapolo tosses it 30+ times

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You just reminded me. We need to do what was successful against the Vikes. Get out into a lead and force them to play against their relative strengths. Force SF to Throw the ball and risk Turnovers.
I feel good about getting at least 1 INT if Garrapolo tosses it 30+ times
Of course Jimmy G is/should be a better QB than Sean Mannion, but with a bad finger, shoulder and wrist, who knows what we will see out of him in 10 degree and colder weather. If he lets it get into his head that those injuries are effecting his passes, maybe the healthy Mannion that the Packers faced in early Jan. is a better QB.

eldapeeze

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, I think it's going to be a good game. Both teams are playing really well and there's a reason why they are playing. I heard Packers have like 6 home playoff losses in the last 20 years (or something like that), which was the most in that span. That was a surprising stat to see. So anything is possible.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's going to be a good game. Both teams are playing really well and there's a reason why they are playing. I heard Packers have like 6 home playoff losses in the last 20 years (or something like that), which was the most in that span. That was a surprising stat to see. So anything is possible.
Yup....the Packers are 7-6 at home during the playoffs in the last 20 years. So yes, your 49'ers have a chance.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup....the Packers are 7-6 at home during the playoffs in the last 20 years.
I don't like hearing that, although note that it is a winning record. Not exactly the dominant home playoff record we once had at Lambeau. Especially when they still put out the hype that Lambeau holds the biggest home field playoff advantage in the NFL.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't like hearing that, although note that it is a winning record. Not exactly the dominant home playoff record we once had at Lambeau. Especially when they still put out the hype that Lambeau holds the biggest home field playoff advantage in the NFL.
Well....maybe if all those games were on the road, we lose them by bigger margins or win them by smaller margins.

Seems like some posters are trying to find ways to down play home field advantage out ahead of what they might be trying to brace themselves for, a Packer loss. While home field doesn't guarantee you a win, I doubt there are many visiting players that would tell you that playing at Lambeau in January is preferred over their own stadium.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not really heard that in a while. I have heard more of how tough it is to play in KC.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still prefer the 80,000 loud throng yelling for our side than the one on a mild day in SF.

Reaction score
Yup....the Packers are 7-6 at home during the playoffs in the last 20 years. So yes, your 49'ers have a chance.

Interesting.

Also across the board home and away We’re 11-9 overall in the playoffs with Rodgers as our starting QB. Within the next 30 days that can change quickly. The worst we can finish for Road + Home playoffs is 11-10 and the best we can finish is 14-9 against playoff caliber teams. We win more than we lose and it’s just harder to play better teams

Our Win/Loss cumulative regular + postseason record is 25-3 @ Home under MLF tenure.
Arguably bordering on dominating. Does any team have a better Win/Loss % total than 89.3% for home games in the last 3 seasons? I’d be curious

If we beat the 49ers, we could improve to a 90% home win% over 3 consecutive seasons (26-3)

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not really heard that in a while. I have heard more of how tough it is to play in KC.
They're 10-8, including this year. And 6 of those have been since 2018, when Mahomes took over. Since he stepped in, they're 6-1 at home in the postseason, losing only to Brady and the Patriots.

I have the solution to our problem, though. Green Bay is still undefeated in the postseason at Milwaukee, so.... I dunno.... is it too late to switch Saturday's game around?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts