Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several times.
i sat here pondering it for about 3 minutes, and I will agree. even if rod beats him in the championship game tom will still be the goat. the fact is many will argue that rod beat an old brady and still got lucky. tom outplayed him in the last match up.

with that said packers 6 tampa 3.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i sat here pondering it for about 3 minutes, and I will agree. even if rod beats him in the championship game tom will still be the goat. the fact is many will argue that rod beat an old brady and still got lucky. tom outplayed him in the last match up.

with that said packers 6 tampa 3.

Not only will he have to beat Brady several more times, he'll have to win a few more rings before I will listen to arguments that he is the GOAT. I don't care who was on his team or who was coaching them, 7 rings is astounding.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why I want to play the Bucs in the playoffs. If we win, that gets Rodgers to 2-3 against Brady. Then we play them again next season, giving Rodgers a chance to even it up at 3-3.
And if we lose he will be 1-4. Don't get me wrong, I think we can beat the Bucs I just think we would have an easier time beating someone else and that's what I want. I don't really care what the Rodgers vs. Brady record is.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My apology yea Sunday. But they run chronological to seeding is more the point. We play whoever is first to upset their opponent (or the Rams by default if no upsets)

I don’t like the All AFC Saturday.
I also don’t like this Monday Postseason business.
No need to apologize, it's confusing. An d I agree with you. They used to split the AFC/NFC games between Sat and Sunday, and Monday night makes no sense, forcing a winner to play on a short week.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if we lose he will be 1-4. Don't get me wrong, I think we can beat the Bucs I just think we would have an easier time beating someone else and that's what I want. I don't really care what the Rodgers vs. Brady record is.
#1 goal is a SB win. If GB beats MM or Brady along the way all the better.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the only way for rodgers to get the goat title is to defeat brady.
I understand your point, but have never liked the GOAT title in a team sport. Even Michael Jordan deferred when asked if he thought he was the GOAT in the NBA (LeBron had no problem accepting that crown, but it doesn't count when you name yourself).

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only will he have to beat Brady several more times, he'll have to win a few more rings before I will listen to arguments that he is the GOAT. I don't care who was on his team or who was coaching them, 7 rings is astounding.
It is astounding to accomplish that and on top of that to get a ring in his 50s.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is astounding to accomplish that and on top of that to get a ring in his 50s.
Here's one way to put it in perspective - Brady has one more ring than Bellichek since we started counting the Brady/Bellichek era. Yes, Bellichek is a great coach. Brady is off the charts. He may not be flashy. He knows how to win.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand your point, but have never liked the GOAT title in a team sport. Even Michael Jordan deferred when asked if he thought he was the GOAT in the NBA (LeBron had no problem accepting that crown, but it doesn't count when you name yourself).
No I understand YOUR point. You are exactly right in regards to team sports. It neglects team effort and disregards the other players who also played with their hearts on their sleeves in retrospect to athletics. With that said Micheal and Brady is in another league in regards to persona, and big mouth Lebron is just being Lebron.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I understand YOUR point. You are exactly right in regards to team sports. It neglects team effort and disregards the other players who also played with their hearts on their sleeves in retrospect to athletics. With that said Micheal and Brady is in another league in regards to persona, and big mouth Lebron is just being Lebron.
Agree. And if I'm picking an all-time NBA and NFL team, I'm starting with Jordan and Brady.

Reaction score
the only way for rodgers to get the goat title is to defeat brady.
That’s a good thought. As much as we all cringe and think Brady could come back up here and scare us late night with the lights off. Maybe we need to change our thinking and just face that monster under the bed and make him go away.
Rodgers needs a decisive victory over Brady and the NFC game itself would put the ultimate stamp of legitimacy on his record. I don’t want to hide anymore, let’s go after him like Tanya Harding did to Nancy and break his legs. j/k I meant that theoretically. Lol.
We really have nothing to lose, because Brady is like the Goliath of QB’s. The bigger they are? The harder they fall.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#1 goal is a SB win. If GB beats MM or Brady along the way all the better.

This whole "they've got to beat the best to be the best" is fine but I don't care if they are the best I just want them to be the winner. If they ask would you rather beat Tom Brady and the Bucs or Matt Stafford and the Rams I'd say I'd rather beat TB and the Bucs but I'd rather PLAY Matt Stafford and the Rams. Guarantee a win and I'll play anybody but actually play the game I'd rather play the team that gives me the best chance to win.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s a good thought. As much as we all cringe and think Brady could come back up here and scare us late night with the lights off. Maybe we need to change our thinking and just face that monster under the bed and make him go away.
Rodgers needs a decisive victory over Brady and the NFC game itself would put the ultimate stamp of legitimacy on his record. I don’t want to hide anymore, let’s go after him like Tanya Harding did to Nancy and break his legs. j/k I meant that theoretically. Lol.
We really have nothing to lose, because Brady is like the Goliath of QB’s. The bigger they are? The harder they fall.
Is Tanyan still in prison? If not, can we hire her to... 1-800-hit-aleg All joking aside, you are right. Legacy is formed by beating the best!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole "they've got to beat the best to be the best" is fine but I don't care if they are the best I just want them to be the winner. If they ask would you rather beat Tom Brady and the Bucs or Matt Stafford and the Rams I'd say I'd rather beat TB and the Bucs but I'd rather PLAY Matt Stafford and the Rams. Guarantee a win and I'll play anybody but actually play the game I'd rather play the team that gives me the best chance to win.
It's only natural that people want to climb a hill than a mountain; however, they all have to climb back down anyway. What does that mean...I have no clue. It just sounded interesting.
I don't care what anyone says if we go to the SB without having to play goat boy i'm all for it!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen to that. I think this year the Packers can beat the Bucs, but think they'll play the Cowboys in the NFCCG. I'd rather it was the Rams or the Cards, but whoever it is, all I care about is another SB for GB.

Reaction score
It's only natural that people want to climb a hill than a mountain; however, they all have to climb back down anyway. What does that mean...I have no clue. It just sounded interesting.
I don't care what anyone says if we go to the SB without having to play goat boy i'm all for it!
That’s the thing that goes with all that sentiment. Prepare like you’re going to play the best team out there. If we don’t face that team that’s fine but it’s about expectations and preparation.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s the thing that goes with all that sentiment. Prepare like you’re going to play the best team out there. If we don’t face that team that’s fine but it’s about expectations and preparation.
And hopefully the whole team learned a lesson in preparation after the Lions' game. They should not have scored twice on us with trick plays. That was embarrassing and pissed off MLF. Good.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams, so we can send their *** packing, again.

Its cute how they seem to be "all in" every year. They just signed eric weddle, who has been retired since 2019, but obviously, thats the final piece they need for their championship run.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams, so we can send their *** packing, again.

Its cute how they seem to be "all in" every year. They just signed eric weddle, who has been retired since 2019, but obviously, thats the final piece they need for their championship run.
I don't mind a team adding missing pieces in FA. GB has done a great job with this over the last few years. But to build a champion, you have to start with something deeper in the organization. A commitment to winning that motivates the marginal guys to make big contributions. After all the money the Rams have spent, and all the draft choices traded away, they are really no closer to a SB than, say, five years ago. They want to buy a SB, and that's not possible.

Green Bay is in many ways the opposite. There is a culture of winning and excellence. Is it perfect? Nope. Serious mistakes were made with Rodgers and, like him or not, he's the stick that stirs the drink in GB. When they won their last SB, they won three road games as the last seed, and then put the Steelers away. That takes a great organization and a commitment from all.

I'd love to play them again and send them packing. For the divisional round, it will likely be the Cards. This is the Packers' year. I can feel it, and c'mon, we're due!

Reaction score
And hopefully the whole team learned a lesson in preparation after the Lions' game. They should not have scored twice on us with trick plays. That was embarrassing and pissed off MLF. Good.
I saw a clip of a reporter asking him about the Defensive performance snd Matt showed a rare sense of irritability about that question. The topic struck a chord, if you will.
I can all but promise you that his concern was clearly addressed to his staff shortly afterwards. Lol
That made me feel like a review of the Lions game and other games and D counter moves are going to be a priority the next 2 weeks. He also said so as much in another interview. He talked about they use HIS expertise at playcalling to game plan scenarios to burn his own Defense from recent game film. Then they obviously focus on counters with Barry.

All that said. A big missing piece wasn’t out there Sunday. Campbell is efficient at communicating the D alignment. When he’s not on the field, this is a substandard version of our Defense.

I’ve got a feeling we might play the 49ers or Rams. Just a hunch.
Recent forecast is highs in the higher single digits (~8 degrees)Lows ranging at negative (~-5 degrees) area.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a clip of a reporter asking him about the Defensive performance snd Matt showed a rare sense of irritability about that question. The topic struck a chord, if you will.
I can all but promise you that his concern was clearly addressed to his staff shortly afterwards. Lol
That made me feel like a review of the Lions game and other games and D counter moves are going to be a priority the next 2 weeks. He also said so as much in another interview. He talked about they use HIS expertise at playcalling to game plan scenarios to burn his own Defense. Then they obviously focus on counters.

All that said. A big missing piece wasn’t out there Sunday. Campbell is efficient at communicating the D alignment. When he’s not on the field, this is a substandard version of our Defense.

I’ve got a feeling we might play the 49ers or Rams. Just a hunch.
You're right about Campbell. He has quietly become the nerve center of that D. What a pick up. And it wouldn't surprise me if we play the Niners. I wouldn't be crazy about that, but feel confident they can beat em at Lambeau in January.

Reaction score
You're right about Campbell. He has quietly become the nerve center of that D. What a pick up. And it wouldn't surprise me if we play the Niners. I wouldn't be crazy about that, but feel confident they can beat em at Lambeau in January.
If we have ZaDarius and Campbell added in the mix, this D will look much better. Also we should be able to really play loaded boxes and ficus on the short game. I still think this D does well when pinned to stopping a specific area of opposing O (short game etc,). At 7° the long game goes away.
Look what we did to Dalvin Cook when the long game was taken away. He became very human again.

J’aire is going to be a plus bonus if we get him back. He’s great inside 5-10 yards at forcing errors

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts