Who are the Green Bay Packers?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever it is, it's good for the City of Green Bay that's for sure. If it weren't for the Packers the past 30 years i'm not sure what that town would look like.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's a great city too. I plan on moving back thee next spring once my house over here sells.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough with the damn roundabouts though, especially the ones by the interstate. Those are a cluster when the traffic gets heavy.

D

Deleted member 6794

First, they were a football team.

Then they became real estate developers.

Now add "tech venture capitalist" to the business description:

https://seekingalpha.com/pr/1697424...-economic-growth-job-creation-wisconsin?ifp=0

I'm not sure what you call a private equity firm that is publicly owned and not-for-profit, but this is it.

The Titletown District ensures the Packers will be able to keep up with teams from large markets in local revenues which doesn't have to be shared with other clubs around the league. I guess they will make a significant amount of money out of that deal as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers are very successful entertainment business. If they closed their doors tomorrow, it would impact the economy in Green Bay for awhile, but life would go on for the rest of us.

Hey wait......what is our backup plan if that happens? I don't want to lose touch with all you guys/gals! Cleveland Browns or bust? :coffee:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are a bad football team with a great quarterback with incompetent leadership at key positions. Plummeting ticket prices indicate that most fans agree the team without Rodgers is not even mediocre.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The Packers are a bad football team with a great quarterback with incompetent leadership at key positions. Plummeting ticket prices indicate that most fans agree the team without Rodgers is not even mediocre.

And you are a fan because ????

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Packer fans *****ing about having to follow the 2nd most winning franchise of the past ten years is one of the most annoying things on the internet. Just go join Patriot Nation. Ain't nobody got time for your ********.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans *****ing about having to follow the 2nd most winning franchise of the past ten years is one of the most annoying things on the internet. Just go join Patriot Nation. Ain't nobody got time for your ********.
What is anmoying is the homers who ignore the fact the incompetent boobs who run the Packers are wasting the greatest qb on history. Go root for the Vikings if you think making the playoffs is good enough!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers are very successful entertainment business. If they closed their doors tomorrow, it would impact the economy in Green Bay for awhile, but life would go on for the rest of us.

Hey wait......what is our backup plan if that happens? I don't want to lose touch with all you guys/gals! Cleveland Browns or bust? :coffee:
Go browns :confused::sick::x3::poop:

D

Deleted member 6794

What is anmoying is the homers who ignore the fact the incompetent boobs who run the Packers are wasting the greatest qb on history. Go root for the Vikings if you think making the playoffs is good enough!

There's no doubt it would be disappointed if the Packers ended up with only a single Super Bowl victory over Rodgers' tenure but it's completely unrealistic to not expect a drop-off with #12 being sidelined for at least half the season.

It's unfortunate you won't be able to enjoy watching the team battle over the next 10 games.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you are a fan because ????
Being a fan in my book doesn't mean I lose objectivity and become a clueless homer. The Packers are now 2-7-1 without Rodgers. I think that shows they are a bad football team without him. Clearly that's not even mediocre. I think their performance without Rodgers makes my point. While I wish they were a good team and could win games without Rodgers with defense and a ball control offense, that is not who they are. What evidence do you have to refute a 2-7-1 record and make a claim that somehow the Packers are good without AR?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt it would be disappointed if the Packers ended up with only a single Super Bowl victory over Rodgers' tenure but it's completely unrealistic to not expect a drop-off with #12 being sidelined for at least half the season.

It's unfortunate you won't be able to enjoy watching the team battle over the next 10 games.
Aren't the Vikings 4-2 without Bradford? We aren't expecting them to be a SB caliber team, but if you can only win 25% of your games without your starting QB, then it is not a good team and/or coach.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the thread that asked 'which playoff team won't make the playoffs' I was lambasted for saying us. This was before I knew Aaron would be down for 8 and more weeks with a broken collarbone. I think we're a bad team with a great quarterback that we don't have anymore. Are we 70's/80's bad? No. Are we Cleveland bad? God I hope not! Are we potentitally a 4-12 team? Possibly. Are we missing the playoffs? More than likely.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont

Squandering great talent like Rodgers is not that enjoyable to me. I remember the 25 year droight between 68 and 92 and know once the HOF parade ends its back to nuclear winter with no hope for a championship. While you may call their gutless defense battling, I'd prefer to actually believe what my eyes are telling me. They collapse on 3rd and long like a bad tent over and over again. I wouldn't call that battling.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Being a fan in my book doesn't mean I lose objectivity and become a clueless homer. The Packers are now 2-7-1 without Rodgers. I think that shows they are a bad football team without him. Clearly that's not even mediocre. I think their performance without Rodgers makes my point. While I wish they were a good team and could win games without Rodgers with defense and a ball control offense, that is not who they are. What evidence do you have to refute a 2-7-1 record and make a claim that somehow the Packers are good without AR?

I`m not the one ranting about how bad the team are. I just asked why you bother being a fan.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers need a defensive superstar and Clay is not it. Brett didn't win without Reggie and it is the same now. Rodgers will not win another SB with a defense. As far as the franchise as a whole, they are getting very greedy. Prices are through the roof on everything, from concessions to merchandise. Time to concentrate on personnel instead of profits.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts