Who’s the starter at fullback?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_22809770.shtml said:
By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

If William Henderson is the Green Bay Packers’ starting fullback, as coach Mike Sherman so adamantly contended this week, then Sherman has an unusual way of showing it.

In each of the last two games, second-year pro Vonta Leach — not Henderson — has lined up at fullback on the Packers’ first offensive play from scrimmage. It’s true, as Sherman was quick to point out, that just because a player isn’t on the field for the first play of the game, it doesn’t mean he’s not a starter or the top player at his position.

“If we start in the eagle (four receivers) package, then Bubba Franks doesn’t start the game, but he’s still our starting tight end,â€

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Below is a blurb from Jsonline today on the subject.

Eric Baranczyk, a former player at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and a former college and high school coach, has joined Packer Insider to offer a weekly analysis of the Green Bay Packers. Here is this week's installment.

"I thought Vonta Leach looked really good. That opening series, he put a linebacker right on his back. Obviously, Henderson had that fumble that led to a touchdown. But on TV, he looks like he’s broke. He’s not starting. I don’t know if they gave him that ball to appease him. But woosh! That fumble was a backbreaker. And I haven’t seen any big blocks out of him. He’s not like the old Henderson: Those neck-breaking blocks where he’d just smash guys."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts