PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Apr. 20, 2006

Notebook: Roman’s agent says safety will be in May minicamp
Mark Roman

By Rob Demovsky
PackersNews.com

If Mark Roman is upset the Green Bay Packers signed free-agent safety Marquand Manuel, he doesn’t appear willing to skip any more team activities as a way of expressing his disappointment.

Roman’s agent, Joel Segal, said his client plans to attend the Packers’ first official minicamp next month after the draft.

“He will be there,â€

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheap shot at Roman.

He never said he was upset. Look at the first sentence "If ...upset".

Later this jerk admits Roman's agent did not say client was upset.

In fact Roman was taking classes.

All along Roman never ever said he was upset. It has only been implied by the yellow journalism of _______ like Rob Demovsky.

Why do some athletes hate the press? It is due to this type of libel and smear.

Rob Demovsky cheap shot - call him on it.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Classic example of sports writers creating stories instead of reporting the news. It's a major problem with professional journalism today across all sectors. The front page now reads like the opinion page.

For the good of our democracy, I certainly hope that the tread will change soon. Unfortunately I don't see any indications of this happening.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lucky for Roman, that article DID specify that he was taking classes and that's why he hadn't shown up. otherwise, roman could have easily become this week's javon walker on packerforum.com

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bookman is fast, maybe TT will keep him as his office boy, that way he will bring the coffe still hot from the coffe machine !!!

At least we will have someone who is fast in TT´s office.

By the way he should be more straight to the fans HE IS NOT GOING TO SIGN NEITHER WOODSON NOT ARRINGTON, HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE INTENTION TO DO SO.

I cant blame him on Woodson, too risky movement for a guy who might be damaged goods.

But I think he shouldnt be so cheap and get Arrington, maybe waiting after the draft will drive his price down, but we will most surelly lose him to the Jags...

Time will tell...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's been stated in another thread that arrington intends to sign a deal before the draft. we'll see. if he doesn't move on his demands, i don't see it happening. but i agree with you, i don't see us signing either arrington or woodson.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
it's been stated in another thread that arrington intends to sign a deal before the draft. we'll see. if he doesn't move on his demands, i don't see it happening. but i agree with you, i don't see us signing either arrington or woodson.
I've lost all hope on signing Arrington or Woodson. It seems to me that Arrington will be wearing Giant Blue next season. That will take us back to drafting Hawk as our biggest need.

As far as Roman goes, he will really have to bring it in training camp this year. Manuel wasn't signed for depth, he was signed to start. I wish Roman luck but expect him to lose his roster spot in the end to a younger player like Underwood. Didn't we sign a scrappy young safety towards the end of last year (his name escapes me)?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
bozz_2006 said:
I've lost all hope on signing Arrington or Woodson. It seems to me that Arrington will be wearing Giant Blue next season. That will take us back to drafting Hawk as our biggest need.

As far as Roman goes, he will really have to bring it in training camp this year. Manuel wasn't signed for depth, he was signed to start. I wish Roman luck but expect him to lose his roster spot in the end to a younger player like Underwood. Didn't we sign a scrappy young safety towards the end of last year (his name escapes me)?

I think we'll need to keep Roman this season because he adds valuable depth. He wasn't great last season, but he did a solid job. DBs get hurt often, and you can never have too many good DBs. At safety we've got Collins, Manuel, Roman and Underwood. That's only 4 players we can trust on the field right now, so we'll need all of them.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Roman will be at Mini camp and update on FAs By R Demovs

Chamuko said:
By the way he should be more straight to the fans HE IS NOT GOING TO SIGN NEITHER WOODSON NOT ARRINGTON, HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE THE INTENTION TO DO SO.

get a job on ESPN, man! You know everything, and I need to know it myself. And I watch espn, thus....work for espn!

Members online

Latest posts