Which Two Wide Outs do we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They both had trouble hanging on to the ball. Now they are gone.
Although MVS didn’t drop as much as him and #12 just didn’t connect very good last season.

Who was the other one who drops that is “gone” ?? you said “both”.
Lost you there

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although MVS didn’t drop as much as him and #12 just didn’t connect very good last season.

Who was the other one who drops that is “gone” ?? you said “both”.
Lost you there
Equanimious

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
They both had trouble hanging on to the ball. Now they are gone.
You been in some Covid cave since November of 2020???

Adams dropped more passes than Scantling & St. Brown put together since then. You're living off a very old narrative.

OP
OP
gopkrs

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You been in some Covid cave since November of 2020???

Adams dropped more passes than Scantling & St. Brown put together since then. You're living off a very old narrative.
They have not been put on my "trust list" even so. And with the amount they played and amount of passes thrown their way; why would my narrative change? I am happier with what we have now. And if we had kept MVS; we might not have drafted Watson. And yes, I am actually excited to watch us post Davante.

Reaction score
They have not been put on my "trust list" even so. And with the amount they played and amount of passes thrown their way; why would my narrative change? I am happier with what we have now. And if we had kept MVS; we might not have drafted Watson. And yes, I am actually excited to watch us post Davante.
One of the biggest factors in being caught on a plateau is being afraid to try something new.

MVS was just “OK” for me. For as much talk as he got about “tearing off the heads” of Defenses? I think he never truly got in alignment with Rodgers. idk what reasoning was for that, but you could just tell he had regressed in year 4 in almost every category. I’m not picking on him personally for leaving (I respect his decision and love he’s my Christian Brother) or for getting injured or whatnot. I just feel like he never really was going to get out if that “minimal mold” for our system.

Here’s a guy with really 1 Good season (2020) and he’s unable to repeat it or grow from it. Had another WR with some speed taken those same targets? I really can’t argue that the production isn’t similar (call it inside 100 yards) From a 4 year veteran I would’ve expected lateral production or possibly minimal growth. Instead we went from deep weapon distinction to relative deep weapon dysfunction.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If The Packers can work with Romeo Doubs and refine his catching technique both using his body and hands more efficiently? That kid could be a really, really good NFL caliber WR. Doubs already has the more difficult parts down. He can Run fantastic routes, his ball tracking, raw athleticism, recognition, all that? Really special WR. If he learns how to fine tune the smaller stuff, he’s going to really have a long and successful career.

Christian Watson reminds me of Rashan Gary in some ways obviously at a different position group. Boom or Bust type potential. Lower college production, but it’s what they didn’t do that opens up the box of potential. Extremely physically gifted, emotionally invested and oozing talent. I can’t wait to get him up to speed and then pair him with another similar young player who can just feed off one another’s production.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Christian Watson reminds me of Rashan Gary in some ways obviously at a different position group. Boom or Bust type potential. Lower college production, but it’s what they didn’t do that opens up the box of potential. Extremely physically gifted, emotionally invested and oozing talent. I can’t wait to get him up to speed and then pair him with another similar young player who can just feed off one another’s production.
Watson put up some good stats at NDSU, especially for a run oriented team. He really jumped out at the Senior Bowl. I think the only real and potentially legit concern with him, is if he can make the jump from a small school to the NFL. Had he come out of an SEC school, he would have been gone in the first 20 picks.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I want a veteran like Julio Jones or OBJ. I think we can reproduce a lot of Adam's yards through scheming, getting our current WR's like Lazard to step up, passes to the TE's and RBs, as well as Watkins and the rookies.

With that being said, I still want a veteran as insurance in case Watson and Doubs aren't ready, as well as someone who can make clutch catches. I want someone who could step up in the passing game if we need to have a come from behind victory and/or convert 3rd/4th downs, especially in big games like the playoffs. I think a veteran would give us the best chance of doing that.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's a completely useless stat considering how often Adams was targeted compared to MVS and EQ.

Catch % is what people should be looking at IMO and yds/tgt.

Player 2021% Career% Career Yds/tgt.

Adams 72.8% 66.1% 9.2

Cobb 71.8% 69.9% 8.5

Lazard 66.7% 68.6% 9.1

MVS 47.3% 49.8% 8.7

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That's a completely useless stat considering how often Adams was targeted compared to MVS and EQ.
Some people here think Scantling still drops passes. It's been a year and a half since his last drop. Some people refuse to adapt their thoughts to changing circumstances.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this thread is about the draft, which was over several weeks ago, and we have an active WR thread, this one is done.

ETA I'm tired of reading many of the same thoughts in two threads..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts