Which other Packers jerseys would you like to throw back to?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Reactions to the current ones are.... mixed.

They're taking a beating in the media today. Rome did a segment on how bad they were, and Peter King was nice enough to say this:
Where'd you get those uniforms, Packers? Costco? And the helmets that looked like round FTD fall-bouquet vases? Without a question, those are the worst throwbacks I've seen, and there have been a lot of bad ones.

So, I ask you, which other jerseys from Packers history would you like to see us throw back to every now and then?

I could get behind a reproduction of these:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

A couple sites to get your research started:
The Wearing Of the Green (and Gold)
www.packersuniforms.com

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont see why everyone thinks they are so bad and there have definitely been worse. I really liked the Jerseys. And its not like we really have many to chose from lol

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Reactions to the current ones are.... mixed.

They're taking a beating in the media today. Rome did a segment on how bad they were, and Peter King was nice enough to say this:

So, I ask you, which other jerseys from Packers history would you like to see us throw back to every now and then?

I could get behind a reproduction of these:

A couple sites to get your research started:
The Wearing Of the Green (and Gold)
www.packersuniforms.com

Jess, that is one of the better ones, would still like to see the "G" on the helmet. Three teams wore throwbacks on Sunday and although the uniforms (brown helmets?) were panned, the Packers were the only team that won. BTW, if you get a chance to see my new signature, it has pictures of all the Packer uniforms from 1919.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the first Green and Gold uniforms worn in 1935. Notice the gold color that we should adopt full time. These are not bad throwbacks.

Here's nearly the same gold color on a classic Packer uniform:

Beautiful!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the first Green and Gold uniforms worn in 1935. Notice the gold color that we should adopt full time. These are not bad throwbacks.

Here's nearly the same gold color on a classic Packer uniform:

Beautiful!

I was stunned by that picture from the Milwaukee journal. I got my signature picture from a site that said these were all the throwback uniforms and that uniform was not included. I hope the Packers wear those in their next throwback game. I don't know how you found it, but I'm glad you did. Was that player wearing #4 named Brett? Also, there were only 28 players, man almost all of them had to play two way. Just noticed #14 Don Hutson, his first year with the Packers!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The media mouths don't care for the throwbacks, but it is the color of winners and champions, the PACKERS.

Packy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess, that is one of the better ones, would still like to see the "G" on the helmet. Three teams wore throwbacks on Sunday and although the uniforms (brown helmets?) were panned, the Packers were the only team that won. BTW, if you get a chance to see my new signature, it has pictures of all the Packer uniforms from 1919.

This is the only Packer uniform I have not seen so I would like to see them wear this one.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was stunned by that picture from the Milwaukee journal. I got my signature picture from a site that said these were all the throwback uniforms and that uniform was not included. I hope the Packers wear those in their next throwback game. I don't know how you found it, but I'm glad you did. Was that player wearing #4 named Brett? Also, there were only 28 players, man almost all of them had to play two way. Just noticed #14 Don Hutson, his first year with the Packers!

No. 4 is Herman Schneidman, played for the Packers from '35 to '39 and was a fullback, linebacker, defensive back.

He died in 2008 at age 95:

Quincy Herald Whig

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Those pictured are definitely my second, I don't know, but I'd just once like to see the Packers in the Ron Wolf suggested unis, though it wouldn't be considered "throw-back"
But it would be a nod to that great man.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those pictured are definitely my second, I don't know, but I'd just once like to see the Packers in the Ron Wolf suggested unis, though it wouldn't be considered "throw-back"
But it would be a nod to that great man.

Yeah, I liked the colors in the Wolf uniform, but I'd just put those colors on our present uniform as I like the stripes on the jerseys and pants (and socks).

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I would go with the 1944 throwbacks, but done right instead of the 1994 throwbacks. Yellow helmets, either yellow or tan pants, striped blue socks, and the jersey would kind of be like the Bills away jersey just where the blue is replace with yellow, and instead of white make it blue or yellow. No Tv numbers.

Members online

Latest posts