1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Where does Greg Jennings rank in Packers history?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    Where does Greg Jennings rank in your opinion as far as WRs go in Packer history?

I have him towards the bottom of the top 10. How about you guys?

2. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    He is 7th in both receptions and yards. Fifth in TD's.

3. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,476
    No reason to argue with bottom of the top 10. I think that is accurate. Driver, Sharpe, Lofton, Hutson, Dowler, McGee, Dale, and Freeman would all rank higher in my book. Jennings is probably hampered both statistically and recognition-wise by the fact that he's surrounded by so much other good receiving talent in GB. Statistically his numbers are on par with Antonio Freeman's production. I'd rank him above Robert Brooks who likely flirts with being in or out of the top 10 (a guy who certainly would have climbed higher had his knee not crumbled). I didn't see Jeff Query on the all-time receptions list, so there must have been a tabulation error - surely he earned a top 5 ranking :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    Don Hutson was so long ago even I never saw him, but how could he Not be #1? It also kinda depends on whether you are emphasizing pure quality or longevity. Blending both, I'd say Hutson, Lofton, Driver, Dowler, Sharpe, Brooks, Freeman, Jennings, Dale, McGee. I will also throw in the name Billy Howton - my memory as a 7 or 8 year old is kinda hazy, but I think he was better than Max McGee back then, even though he was gone before the great years.