Where do we find help?

D

Deleted member 6794

When the off season hits, the Packers will most likely be looking for a TE, CB, RB and WR. If TT is still in charge, we can expect that to be through the draft.

I agree with your take on the tight end position. Don't forget about outside linebacker being a pissible position in need of an upgrade next offseason as well though.

If Angelichio can't get Cajuste up-to-speed in the 9 weeks since he signed to the PS I would be questioning whether Angelichio is any better than Fontenot.

Angelichio has done a great job with Cameron and Barnidge, therefore I think he's a very good position coach. Thompson hasn't handed him any talent to work with though.

Johnson was inexperienced and Ajayi was a criminal in college. The guys coming into the draft aren't nearly as under the radar.

That doesn't change the fact that there will be talented running backs available after the first round in the 2017 draft.

BTW I wouldn't call Ajayi a criminal because he stole a pair of sweatpants.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES!!! Could this be the beginning of the Devon Cajuste reign at TE? Call me crazy but I'm excited! Get him a couple of slants across the middle and watch him run...

"director of football operations Eliot Wolf was seen talking to practice squad tight end Devon Cajuste in the locker room after the game. It's possible the Packers will sign Cajuste to the active roster and fill the roster spot left by defensive tackle Mike Pennel, who is suspended for the remainder of the regular season."
http://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...gers-tweaks-calf-cook-injures-chest/95320716/

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is when Pennel comes back is Cajuste the odd man out and thereby placed on waivers/traded, cause if I remember right once you're called up you can't go back down.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we cut Perillo? Jake Butt is the best TE in this class. But I see him going late 1st or first few picks of the 2nd. A TE that would probably be available late 2nd round is Bucky Hodges, massive body 6-7 250lbs and probably will run a 4.65-4.70 40yd dash so that's not to shabby.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who are the prospects everyone is looking at for 2017?
I've probably said this a dozen times but a RB I really like Kareem Hunt, Toledo. He will be available middle to late rounds most likely. Go check him out and watch him in the Bowl game. Very impressive feet for a bigger back that can cutback like nobody's business!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't we cut Perillo? Jake Butt is the best TE in this class. But I see him going late 1st or first few picks of the 2nd. A TE that would probably be available late 2nd round is Bucky Hodges, massive body 6-7 250lbs and probably will run a 4.65-4.70 40yd dash so that's not to shabby.
He was end of Nov... bears may have signed him? Or were looking to?

D

Deleted member 6794

Problem is when Pennel comes back is Cajuste the odd man out and thereby placed on waivers/traded, cause if I remember right once you're called up you can't go back down.

The Packers would be allowed to sign Cajuste back to the practice squad after promoting him to the active roster. He would have to clear waivers though.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We, and the Packers, have been dissatisfied with the production at TE for the last 2.5 years! Cook had 6 receptions on 11 targets over the 3 games that he was available, but has been UNavailable much of the preseason and season. Richard Rogers (& Perillo) are marginal at best at blocking as well as receiving ... who IS there for the Packers to hang their future on?

I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to re-sign Cook as he hasn't been productive OR available in '16. If Angelichio can't get Cajuste up-to-speed in the 9 weeks since he signed to the PS I would be questioning whether Angelichio is any better than Fontenot.
Can't make silk out of a sou's ear!

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who are the prospects everyone is looking at for 2017?

I usually have a list of guys, but this year it's hard. I look at the guys who I would LOVE to have and I see either consistency or injury issues. I just know we need to address RB and TE, and probably O-Line.

If we could get him and we KNEW Aaron was planning on playing another 2-3 years I'd say Deshon Kizer would be a nice fit. He looks like a guy with McCarthy QB camp under his hat for 2 years that he could start by 2019 or 2020.

As far as immediate help, I just don't see it in this draft class.

D

Deleted member 6794

If we could get him and we KNEW Aaron was planning on playing another 2-3 years I'd say Deshon Kizer would be a nice fit. He looks like a guy with McCarthy QB camp under his hat for 2 years that he could start by 2019 or 2020.

Rodgers has said on several occasions that he plans to play until he's 40 years old. Therefore there's absolutely no reason to draft a quarterback in the first round.

Last edited by a moderator:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of which....did we sign a LB from seahawks?

what's the logic to that, cap?

D

Deleted member 6794

speaking of which....did we sign a LB from seahawks?

what's the logic to that, cap?

It's possible the Packers made the move to sign Tripp because Martinez will miss some more games because of his knee injury.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm starting to think it's because maybe Bradford might be a pre-season/practice hall of famer.

While Bradford has looked terrible in limited action I don't think a below average inside linebacker not knowing the defensive scheme is a significant upgrade at this point of the season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's possible the Packers made the move to sign Tripp because Martinez will miss some more games because of his knee injury.

well hopefully martinez gets better in time for the Super Bowl!:D oddly enough D is doing just fine now since ryan and mart got hurt.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
well hopefully martinez gets better in time for the Super Bowl!:D oddly enough D is doing just fine now since ryan and mart got hurt.
Coincides with the return of Randall and Rollins with the subsequent demotion of Gunther and with Hyde staying more as a safety instead of nickel corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts