What might have been

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The debacle in Detroit ends up costing the Packers a #2 seed, a division title, a first-round bye and at least one home playoff game.

This is extremely frustrating because it separates the Packers from being a true Super Bowl contender. In the current scenario, the Packers have to go to Philadelphia, where they have won only once since 1962, and if they win, they get a trip to Atlanta, where Matt Ryan is 20-2. That's just to get to the NFC championship, which would also be on the road.

Compare that to needing one home win to go to the NFC championship, which would have a real possibility of being at home.

I'm not satisfied with a season unless the Packers win at least one playoff game. Merely getting in isn't good enough. I'm trying to look at this from a realistic perspective, that winning at Philly is historically a long-shot. A lot was lost when the Packers failed to show up in Detroit, and that includes probably any chance of the Packers winning the Super Bowl.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The debacle in Detroit ends up costing the Packers a #2 seed, a division title, a first-round bye and at least one home playoff game.

This is extremely frustrating because it separates the Packers from being a true Super Bowl contender. In the current scenario, the Packers have to go to Philadelphia, where they have won only once since 1962, and if they win, they get a trip to Atlanta, where Matt Ryan is 20-2. That's just to get to the NFC championship, which would also be on the road.

Compare that to needing one home win to go to the NFC championship, which would have a real possibility of being at home.

I'm not satisfied with a season unless the Packers win at least one playoff game. Merely getting in isn't good enough. I'm trying to look at this from a realistic perspective, that winning at Philly is historically a long-shot. A lot was lost when the Packers failed to show up in Detroit, and that includes probably any chance of the Packers winning the Super Bowl.

I have to agree with you. The GB Packers simply lost several games they should have won (Detroit). It seems that every time that the Packers get in the playoffs, they end up with the worst luck.

HOWEVER, look on the bright side, the 2010 Packers defense is the best GB defense I have seen in ages. This will give the Packers a better shot in the playoffs, and Aaron Rodgers will orchestrate a offensive masterpiece against the Philadelphia Eagles defense.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I understand why people take historical trends into account, this 2010 team didn't play in Philly for all those losses over the years. If the Pack go in and execute the game plan like we've seen them do in the past, history is re-written.

On topic, if the Packers don't choke against Detroit AND the Bears OFFICIALLY lose to Detroit in week 1, we would have very likely had a much easier playoff picture to contend with. But who cares about ifs and buts, we made the playoffs and now we got to make the best of our situation. GO PACK GO

L

Lunchboxer

All that matters that we are in the playoffs.

Had a feeling if we did reach the NFC Title game it would be on the road.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
In the current scenario, the Packers have to go to Philadelphia, where they have won only once since 1962,
Yeah, that really sucks, man! Although, you're leaving out one very important part of that argument...That one win was 17 weeks ago!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'07 Giants, '06 Steelers and the '03 Panthers all made it to or won the Super Bowl. The Giants and Steelers had to play 3 road games to get there and the Panthers had to play 2. So there is hope.

But I do agree. I don't think the Packers will go all the way. Too many key injuries, have to play on the road, can't win close games. I think it is too much to overcome, though I do hope I'm wrong.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's all true. But the good thing is the playoffs are our mulligan (for anyone who knows the golf term).

We did (Jennings, Quarless, and Flynn) BLOW that game at the Lions. But then the Lions saved our *** the next week winning down AT Tampa Bay. The Lions aren't bad. They will finish 2nd next year in our division, and they could have this year if the season got off to a better start with the win at the Bears being stolen away, and Peppers pile-driving Stafford's shoulder into the turf that first game.

Still, we blew so many games, some our fault, some zebra's fault, that we made the bed we have to sleep in.

But imagine us winning the Super Bowl: OK?
Now, this roadmap we will travel is actually more fun.... we got to shut the Iggles fans mouths. Then we get to melt Matty Ice in the Falcons dome. Then either at Da Bears, which is awesome, or we KO the defending Super Bowl champion Saints.

That's the best script we can write, and it gives Rodgers a chance to beat all 3 Pro Bowl QBs.... remember Vick, Ryan, and Brees are Pro Bowlers and he's not, LOL. He gets to prove that he's "elite".

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sheesh, look at all the naysayers coming out of the wood work now!

Season's not over, folks. The Packers are a damn good team, when we execute well. We do have some weaknesses, but so does every other playoff team. You can't be perfect at everything.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Still, we're in the playoffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts