1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What if??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CHIpackFAN, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Joe Nor Cal Packer

Joe Nor Cal Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    You're pretty much spot on. Yeah Hyde might be a good S, but we need depth too. Need a major upgrade at ILB, Jones is not starter material. But I disagree on TE. We need a playmaker there. Ideally, address ILB in the first round with Mosley or Shazier, get a TE in the 2nd round, a S and WR in round 3. I think if they upgrade at ILB, they won't need a superstar at S, and may be able to get Brooks from Fla St in round 3, if he's still around.

2. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    It's for Premium Members: " Quarterback Time in the Pocket": https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/07/signature-stat-snapshot-time-to-throw/
    I just noticed the numbers I quoted were from Nov. 2012, where Wilson was no. 1 in time to throw and in time to be sacked. I don't have the Premium Package at PFF, but I doubt much changed last year; I would think he's in the top 2 or 3. It's just a matter of time before Wilson gets knocked out of a game, and maybe longer, if he continues to run as much.

Pass Blocking by Time to Throw is here: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/04/21/pass-blocking-by-time-to-throw/ and the date of those stats is 4/2014.

We agree Rogers is a great QB. We're a very good team with him; we're an average or below average team without him. So I think protecting him is the no. 1 priority for the team, and will be until he retires. The Packers could do a better job at it.

3. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Did you make these draft ratings yourself, or have you just not looked at them in a few months?

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,657
    I´ve got the premium package at PFF, last year Wilson was ranked 2nd in time to throw and 12th in time to be sacked.

That´s an interesting article as they don´t offer that stat in the premium package. Not surprising Sitton is the only Packers OL ranked in the top 10. I agree the overall pass protection has to improve, Lang is a decent RG though (ranked 15th by PFF in the league last year).

5. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    How about this situation? How would you feel if we had the same type of draft as last year. Kind of far fetched but it could happen. Replace our running back selections with tight end and receiver and it's possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,657
    I think I would go crazy if Thompson once again ignores the safety position in the draft. ;)

7. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    What scares me is there's always a reason to ignore it. Last year it was confidence in Burnett and this year it's confidence in Hyde. I don't know how he's gonna draft but this is gonna be an angry forum if he waits until 5,6,7 round to address the safety need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 3