What if Jones catches 421?

magic_8ball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Favre will get to keep the gameball, but Jones kind of gets shafted that he has to give back his first touchdown ball. But I guess it would mean even more if he was the reciever to catch 421. Lets just hope its Driver.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
magic_8ball said:
I'm sure Favre will get to keep the gameball, but Jones kind of gets shafted that he has to give back his first touchdown ball. But I guess it would mean even more if he was the reciever to catch 421. Lets just hope its Driver.

I would bet Brett would let him keep the ball. Then Jones would refuse and say "I'll keep 422 if thats ok"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones could do a fake Lambeau leap and keep going with the ball and sell it Monday on e-bay and retire.

But then again he could just give it to Brett because really the first is important, no doubt, but nothing compared to THE MOST EVER.

It's kind of like catching your first bass and catching the biggest bass ever caught in any state anywhere. A lot of people catch a first bass. There's only ONE biggest one hanging up there somewhere.

Kind of a no brainer isn't it?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
magic_8ball said:

I am confident that Jones will be just fine having the first TD pass of his career be a part of NFL history, knowing that the ball on Brett Favre's mantel (or wherever it ends up) was caught by him. That would be quite an honor.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre probably just throws all his game/record balls in big barrel at his old house. then he throws them around whenever he practices at home.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Jones catches it! Or ANYBODY for that matter... Work out the details while having a victory celebration at the next social outing!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think without a doubt, whether it is Jones or whomever... they will make sure Brett has that ball... and it will probably be done right on the field as he reaches the endzone to celebrate the TD.

To me, the sweet part about 420 was that it was a game changer.. I hope 421 is about the same.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Probably like Payton/Marvin's record-breaking TD ball. They agreed to split it. Seems fitting here, too.
I would expect Favre to get it, and for Favre to take a different football and sign it to Jones. If it were me, having one personalized from Favre would mean more then having the actual ball. Then he can pass it onto his grandkids as a part of history someday.

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone who catches a Favre TD pass from here on out will have caught the "record ball".

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone who catches a Favre TD pass from here on out will have caught the "record ball".
Good point!
421 breaks the record, but every one after that will be a NEW record.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this - Jones and Driver run identical routes all day. If the ball is headed for Jones he can just tip it to Driver?

robkeg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Brett passes the ball and it is batted back to him and he scores the game winning touchdown and breaks the record.

Members online

Latest posts