What I would like to see next season..

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aside from a super bowl appearance of course...

1.) Healthy, healthy, healthy..!

Seems the Green Bay Packers are fast becoming the poster-boys for key injuries early on in the season, primarily with big names (i.e Charles Woodson, Nick Collins, Clay Matthews) that really throws a wrench into the system, primarily on the defensive side of the ball.

2.) Consistent O-Line

I think a superior O-line is just a far off dream, but I'll take a consistent one. Just please, please, PLEASE stop letting A-Rod be among the most sacked QB's in the league year in and year out.

3.) A-Rod back to A form

Now don't get me wrong, A-Rod was pretty beastly this year, but he still seemed off to me. He was missing open receivers especially early in the season that he normally can make in his sleep. He was also holding onto the ball far too long in my opinion while knowingly operating behind a suspect O-line. Hoping he can make adjustments when they are necessary.

4.) DuJuan Harris!

Tell me you don't love this kid, I dare you. If he is not the undisputed #1 back entering the next season, I will throw up... he showed amazing talent at the back end of the season and has awesome potential, feed him the ball often to compliment the deadly passing game.

5.) Mike McCarthy, show your stuff...

Let me issue a reminder that Mike McCarthy was once the OC for a 49'ers team who were ranked DEAD LAST in offense before we brought him aboard, a sure noodle scratcher for all us Packers fans when it happened. Thus far he's shown to be a pretty reliable head coach, but how much of it is him as opposed to the natural talent on our team simply following the leader?

I took a lot of flak on this forum for calling into question many of his play calls, and looking back I realize if I was in his shoes I probably couldn't do better, but from the prospective of a die hard fan who also knows a little bit about the game, I definitely think there can be some better decisions in key situations.

6.) Fire Dom? Not so sure.

In 2010 when we won the super bowl, no one could give enough credit to how brilliant our defense transformed in the playoffs. I mean he's the reason B.j Raji walked in with an interception against the Bears. He's had to deal with some pretty brutal key defensive injuries since then, and there's only so much you can design when you have the nucleus of your cell removed.

I am willing to see what happens next year, providing we are a mostly healthy defense. If he's still showing he can't adapt to change or be intuitive, then I say start anew.

Just my thoughts.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've got to develop lines on both sides of the ball that control the game, instead of being controlled. I'm disappointed there's no shake-up in some of the coaching, but defer to McCarthy and Thompson in that decision--they've proven they know what they're doing. We're due to have an injury-free season, that's for sure.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are always going to happen...it's football. The plethora of hamstring injuries does bring up a red flag on our strength and conditioning coach though.

I honestly don't care if the packers win the super bowl - I just want them to play their hardest every play, every game. It was rare to see that this year.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries are always going to happen...it's football.
Tell me an original 49er starter (from week one) who is out from injury.
RB Frank Gore
TE Vern Davis
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Randy Moss
All 5 OL including their 1st round picks, Anthony Smith, Mike Iupati, Joe Staley. We also have two 1st round picks on our OL.... oh Derek Sherrod & Bryan Bulaga. You see the difference there?

Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Novorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Ahmad Brooks
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson

They are ALL STILL THERE..... it's bullschit.
Everyone knows if we had their injury luck and they had ours, it would be a much different story.
I can't say for sure we'd be in the Super Bowl. But I can say for sure that they would not be.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me an original 49er starter (from week one) who is out from injury.
RB Frank Gore
TE Vern Davis
WR Michael Crabtree
WR Randy Moss
All 5 OL including their 1st round picks, Anthony Smith, Mike Iupati, Joe Staley. We also have two 1st round picks on our OL.... oh Derek Sherrod & Bryan Bulaga. You see the difference there?

Justin Smith
Aldon Smith
Novorro Bowman
Patrick Willis
Ahmad Brooks
Carlos Rogers
Dashon Goldson

They are ALL STILL THERE..... it's bullschit.
Everyone knows if we had their injury luck and they had ours, it would be a much different story.
I can't say for sure we'd be in the Super Bowl. But I can say for sure that they would not be.

I said injuries happen...they do. I agree the 49ers are fortunate to not have had any significant injuries. To say that you know for sure what would happen in a hypothetical situation is where I will end this though.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said injuries happen...they do. I agree the 49ers are fortunate to not have had any significant injuries. To say that you know for sure what would happen in a hypothetical situation is where I will end this though.
Surely, nothing would have changed had we had Perry, Bishop, Bulaga, Collins, Worthy back, while they would be missing Iupati, Staley, Goldson, and 1 ILB (take your pick Bowman or Willis) and Ahmad Brooks at OLB.
You're right, nothing would have changed.
This is where I will end this though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take away 5 packers starters, take away 5 49er starters. The 49ers can still tackle and the Pack can not.

Members online

Latest posts