What I would like to see from Brett

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Brett could get motivated to make a two or three year committment to winning the SB and TT would follow suit to build the team for that.

I believe there is enough talent leftover and coming back from from injury so that we could have a reasonable shot.

We get Bubba, Green, Davenport, Gado, Walker, Murphy back on offense. Hopefully they come back healthy, most have had a good amount of time to heal. We need a couple of guards of course. A free agent and one of our own to step up possibly. Flanny healthy. Our back up TE's should be better with the playing time they recieved this year.

Defense we need to upgrade a few positions. A Mario Williams or AJ Hawk should be able to contribute immediately. Second round pick that can also contribute is a key along with a couple of free agents or trade. Another LB or Safety upgrade shouldn't be too hard with the second round. CB would be the tricky one and would probably take a trade. We need to keep Grady. KGB would look better with someone to take the heat off of him and keep Kampman so KGB doesn't have to play every down. Most of the others will look better with better player around them. Also a lot of our D players are quite young and should get better.

Watching the QB's in the playoffs I feel Brett has as much or more talent left than most of those QB's. Even Manning didn't look so good with Steelers in his face and all that talent around him. I wonder how he would have looked QBing the Packers this year?

I don't know that all this could be accomplished in one year, hence a 2-3 year committment from Brett. Plus some of the draftees would more than likely need a year to be impact players. And of course it would take more luck than this year in the injury dept. But I don't believe we need to tear everything down and start from scratch.

Any thoughts?

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with P@ck66 when he says "what's the hurry to go back to the dark ages?", however he puts it. I, too, believe there is enough talent there that if Favre committed to a few more seasons, Thompson could fill in the missing pieces and take a few shots at it all.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Traxx -- those are some good thoughts, but unfortunately it does not appear TT shares them. Rather than bring in a few more key players to help those we have, he brought in a new QB and a whole new coaching staff. Appears he's going to rebuild, which does not bode well for Brett and our FAs.

OP
OP
P

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't feel the team is in a rebuild mode at all. Remodel maybe. If you are rebuilding why stick with Brett, Grady, Henderson, KGB, or Flanny? Also wouldn't you then try to trade some vets that still have value for draft choices or young player?

Another coaching regime was neccessary if we want to get to another SB, Sherman wasn't getting us there. TT also hired a coach with the same type of system and now a D-coordinator with the same type of system. This doesn't strike me as rebuilding as much as trying to plug holes, upgrade and get to another level.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Super Bowl is not out of our reach next year. I really believe if Brett comes back anything is possible. Even with only 1 SB victory he is still in my opinion the best of all time. Favre is the man

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts