1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What ever happened to Chuck Cecil ??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ohiopacker, Oct 27, 2006.

1. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    the hard hittin DB

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Chuck Cecil was featured on the October 10, 1993 issue of Sports Illustrated with the question: "Is Chuck Cecil Too Vicious for the NFL?"

He is married to author Carrie Cecil. After his playing career ended, he became a coach for the Tennessee Titans (the former Houston Oilers). His current responsibilities are the safeties and nickelbacks.

This is his site

3. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    He never hit as hard as Lott, but he hit hard.

He hit real hard. The S.I. article was hype. In my opinon he was no Ronnie Lott. Lott hit harder than any player I have ever seen this side of the 1970's

Nice of you to point out that the Titans are the former Houston Oilers. Sometimes I forget where a franchise came from and went to.

See.... I have no need to wonder about what city the Packers were from orginally.

Ok.... Shut up about the Raiders moving from Oakland to L.A. to Oakland.

The bottom line is we have Sperbowl Championships in two geographical areas of California.

4. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Every game the bridge of his nose was cut open from his helmet slamming into it. Now that's football.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    You are right fvre4mvp. He did play the game head first.

In today's N.F.L. that is a hefty fine. The game has changed.

One can not lead with ones head. If Chuck played the way he did "in todays N.F.L." he would hve not played at all. He would have been flagged on every third play, he would have been fined, he would have been cut and called a a thug.

He had his era, So did the rest of them.

And we are talking about most of the old timers.

6. Cheesehog

Cheesehog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

You're right RP....I loved Cecil but my son plays DB at a small college and if he ever led with his head down I would rip him. "See the numbers". There were alot of players back then that are fortunate to be walking today. John Lynch was/is the same way.

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I was way off when it comes to where Cecil ended up! I heard that he was thrown in jail for hitting a Chicago Bears sweatshirt-wearing pedestrian as they were walking past each other. The pedestrian's head was rolling down the street and eventually a car ran over it, squishing it like a Halloween pumpkin. Anyway, I guess he coaches with the Titans instead.

9. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Off just a tad I would say.... :wtf:

The hardest hitter I ever say was Jack Tatum with the raiders in the 70's. OC's would intentionally not throw over the middle because of him. If I am not mistaken, I believe Jack Tatum is who Ronnie Lott modeled himself after as he grew up.

The bad thing about Tatum? Came from Ohio State

10. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Off just a tad I would say.... :wtf:

The hardest hitter I ever say was Jack Tatum with the raiders in the 70's. OC's would intentionally not throw over the middle because of him. If I am not mistaken, I believe Jack Tatum is who Ronnie Lott modeled himself after as he grew up.

The bad thing about Tatum? Came from Ohio State

11. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Great picture, too...

[​IMG]

He was a hitter, that's for sure...