What do we think so far. Who is in who has a chance.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like our depth on our team. We have stayed healthy thus far hopefully carries through the season.. Injuries always happen and the next guy up is what Green Bay does.
Who is making good impressions who ain't?
Joe Callahan I think is playing pretty darn well D3 guy I just can't help but root for him and he has to feel good about where he is at. Green Bay will want to keep him and Develop him I don't see him making the 53 only the fact because it will take up another roster spot. But with Hundley injured how long that takes for him to be ready comes to play I don't think GB would sign another qb if Hundley is still hurt no I don't think Matt Flynn would come back either they would go with Callahan just cuz he knows the offense do I think he could carry the team if he got hurt? Not at this point but if he had to step in for whatever time they would rely on the running game.. I do think Callahan will be around in GB for quite some time starting with the Practive squad lets see what happens. Crockett has the edge for the 3 spot just cuz he knows the offense and has looked good burks has flashed some talent but they stick with Crockett perrilo will be the 3rd and I think they keep only 3... Bradford was a letdown last night after two games. What else do we think.. Is it Brice or Evans?

D

Deleted member 6794

Crockett has the edge for the 3 spot just cuz he knows the offense and has looked good burks has flashed some talent but they stick with Crockett perrilo will be the 3rd and I think they keep only 3.

The severity of Crockett's shoulder injury will be a huge factor in deciding who will end up being the third running back.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How bad was it? Any news? What do u think about joe

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brice and Evans; gotta find a spot for guys with their speed and potential.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Geronimo is a wildcard he is so big and anybody else agree his built is like randy moss? Lol he also looks like the receiver from the REPLACEMENTS movie!! Haha

D

Deleted member 6794

How bad was it? Any news? What do u think about joe

I don't have any information about the severity of Crockett's injury. I would like the Packers being able to develop Callahan on the practice squad.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have any information about the severity of Crockett's injury. I would like the Packers being able to develop Callahan on the practice squad.
I think he would clear waivers who would actually sign him

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Geronimo is a wildcard he is so big and anybody else agree his built is like randy moss? Lol he also looks like the receiver from the REPLACEMENTS movie!! Haha

Wouldn't be a surprise if they cut Adams and put Allison in. Janis is needed for punt returns in case reducing the chance that Abby gets hurt on returns. Me thinks.

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think Janis is on the bubble being hurt and will probably go to the Vikings.....

H

HardRightEdge

Wouldn't be a surprise if they cut Adams and put Allison in. Janis is needed for punt returns in case reducing the chance that Abby gets hurt on returns. Me thinks.
Adams won't be cut, and you can lay odds on Hyde returning punts once again.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw...i'm sure we will be cheering on Cook a lot this season. I think he will be a household name for a lot of pack fans. I feel good about him being in Green Bay.

watching him on the sidelines it seemed like he was all alone standing there like the new kid in high school who had no one to talk to. LOL

OP
OP
Snoops

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if he plays good is he gonna resign or go try and get a bigger contract he signed a 1 yr deal

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would clear waivers who would actually sign him
Teams that have lost a QB this preseason or had marginal QB's in camp to begin with. Cowboys, Bears, Redskins, San Fran, or Cleveland just to start the list. Guessing TT would like to keep only 2 QB's this year opening up a spot for another OLB, DB, OL or ILB vs. keeping 3 QB's on the 53, but Callahan seizing the opportunity has made this difficult IMHO.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Janis to IR unless Banjo's hammy is in really bad shape. You can't have both your gunners gone from what was a strong coverage unit.

It is going to be really tough cutting Gerranimo. Rodgers loves him too I thought I heard. Abby has played great and is a lock but is always one hit away from being done. I would keep Adams of course but bench him to light a fire under his ***. I wouldn't play him for a few weeks unless I had to. They he can try to work his way back into the rotation by concentrating and doing simple better.

D

Deleted member 6794

Janis will be IR'd for the whole season before getting cut.

I'm convinced Janis would push for an injury settlement in this case. In this case the Packers could get in trouble with the league not agreeing with it for hiding talent on injured reserve.

I agree with Janis to IR unless Banjo's hammy is in really bad shape. You can't have both your gunners gone from what was a strong coverage unit.

It is going to be really tough cutting Gerranimo. Rodgers loves him too I thought I heard. Abby has played great and is a lock but is always one hit away from being done. I would keep Adams of course but bench him to light a fire under his ***. I wouldn't play him for a few weeks unless I had to. They he can try to work his way back into the rotation by concentrating and doing simple better.

While Banjo was an important special teamer last season Goodson was the second gunner next to Janis.

Currently Adams is by far the best option to start opposite of Nelson at the start of the season. With the Packers most likely easing back Jordy into the lineup there's no way the coaches bench Davante.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm convinced Janis would push for an injury settlement in this case. In this case the Packers could get in trouble with the league not agreeing with it for hiding talent on injured reserve.

While Banjo was an important special teamer last season Goodson was the second gunner next to Janis.

Currently Adams is by far the best option to start opposite of Nelson at the start of the season. With the Packers most likely easing back Jordy into the lineup there's no way the coaches bench Davante.
Im optimistic about adams. Last year at this time i was calling him our poor mans julio jones. He was hurt 3 times last year....bad year...

But i loved what i seen from mont-ster. He isnt a poor mans nothing. He is like sterling sharpe. He could force adams down the depth chart, with cobb entrenched in the slot.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was unaware of this:
Using the temporary IR exemption on Janis (broken hand) doesn’t provide a way out. For a player to be eligible, he has to be on the 53-man roster at final cuts; the next day he can go on IR and then return six weeks later at the earliest. If Janis goes on IR before that, he’s out for the season.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allison is making a big statement on why he should be kept, haven't seen as much out of Davis as I would have liked, Cook continues to impress as the TE we needed, Callahan looks poised and confident. Not sure what will happen with Crockett's shoulder until we know the severity but Burks does seem like he could be a legit 3rd. Perillo is 3rd as far as I'm concerned.