1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

What did you guys think of day 2 ??

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by C-Mize, Apr 30, 2006.

1. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt really like any of the picks selected by the Packers today, besides Ingle Martin.

This is how I think we should of drafted:

104-Demetrius Williams (WR-Oregon)
    115-Orien Harris (DT-Miami) or Ray Edwards (DE-Purdue) or Will Blackmon (WR/CB Boston College)
    148-Ingle Martin (QB Furman)
    165-Jonathan Orr (WR Wisconsin) or Montavious Stanley (DT Lous.)
    183-Greg Eslinger (C Minnesota)
    253- I dont really care who they get here

What are yall's opinions on what/how TT and the Packers did today ?

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am still trying to take it all in, lot's of conflicting reports to read !!!

3. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked our draft picks, except for Tony Moll. Also I was quite surprised that we picked Ingle Martin in the 5th round.

4. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A lot of WRs. Could be good or bad.. I think it will be good long term, though.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ingle martins audio conference is very...uplifting!

6. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it has gone pretty well. Quality depth, should be some very good competition in training camp. Our needs have been addressed pretty well.

7. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ingle Martin sounded VERY genuine.

8. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True, we did address our needs. I just feel that there were better players on the board to fill our needs than some of the guys we selected. It could be worse. Hopefully TT picks come through. I was hoping for quality more than quantity...

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was an ok day 2. A very solid Day 1 though. Rogers is a decent WR that could compete for a #4 or #5 spot on the roster. Blackmon will be a great upgrade at kick returner and Martin gives us a #3 and a future prospect with loads of potential.

Overall I thought Day 1 was a A- and Day 2 was a B- I'd give the Packers a B for their Draft which is very solid. Best in the divsion in my opinion.

10. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I cannot judge just yet. Wait till the season starts.

11. C-Mize

C-Mize Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with your draft grade on the Packers. BUT I am not sure if we had the best draft in the division. I think Detroit had a good draft , Jonathan Scott (OT-Texas) is good, I see him play all the time here in Texas. AND they got a real steal in Fred Matua (OL-USC) in the 7th (who i think is better than Tony Moll (OL-Nevada). Overrall i think we did OK, we may have tied Detroit in draft grades. We could of done better talent wise, but we got some good guys. We'll see in a couple of years if the trading down helped or not.

12. Brooks87

Brooks87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont really post much(more of a lurker lol j/k)Overall so far i thought it was a good draft.Got some good OL that was badly needed.Some good WR'S to help and of course Hawk and Hodge to give us that nasty LB core.I cant wait for the pre-season now lol..Gonna go dust off some of my old packer games from 93-99 and have a lil after draft football sunday.