What are GB's needs right now?

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's tough call.

Our options in the first round:

1. CB: Harris and Woodson aren't getting any younger. No solid nickel has emerged yet.
Pick: Aqib Talib, Kansas

2. TE: Lee is a stud, but there is no guarantee Franks will be back next year with his contract.
Pick: Fred Davis, USC

3. OLB: Poppinga has been okay, but nothing to write home about.
Pick: Keith Rivers, USC

4. KR: Everyone wants the next Devin Hester.
Pick: Felix Jones, Arkansas

Knowing TT, he'll pick someone no one expects and we'll all gripe until that player becomes a stud....

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we need to take a CB round 1 for depth behind Harris and Woodson because there both getting old and a young guy could learn alot from them and thats our biggest need.

Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin Round 1

or any other CB that may be better who falls to use but I got to go with the Wisconsin guy.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to wager that Talib won't be there by the time Green Bay picks. Thompson isn't really the guy that trades up - maybe he's found some young guy already on an NFL squad to pluck.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talib would be a bad pick - he's selfish and wouldnt be a good Packer.

I reckon we should pick Dan Connor, thatd be bad ***!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CB - Very deep draft for CB's.. we can probably still get a playmaker in the 2nd round unless there is a steal at #30.

DE - If we could get someone that TT/MM REALLY like in the first, I could see it happening. Get a great player at RDE and we have an amazing line.

OT - Clifton can't have more than a year or two left. I don't know what we have in Barbre yet.

RB - It's a deep draft for RB and TC competition is always good.

OLB - Don't get me wrong, I'm a Poppinga fan. But we have a surplus of MLB's and not much depth at all at OLB.

TE - Depth behind Lee.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Packer's Needs as:

CB
OG/OT
OLB
TE
DE
Maybe DT if they trade one of the current crop.

Members online

Latest posts