1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

We're improving, but we're not good enough

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packedhouse01, Nov 28, 2006.

1. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It is obvious tonight that we're improving, but when the game was on the line and we had a fairly big lead, we proved again that we're not good enough to hold a lead against a good team. Seattle is a good team, not a great team. Our starters aren't quite good enough and we don't yet have the depth to cover when marginal starters go out.

I think McCarthy has done a fairly nice coaching this team. I believe they are much better coached than they have been the past five years. We saw tonight that we just don't have enough talent to turn four turnovers into points and put a team away. We need breaks to win games, we're not good enough to create breaks.

Simply put, we are what are.

2. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am hoping we are just to young and in a year or two we physically will be able to compete and win.

3. tano1998

tano1998 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we're far far away to be a competitive team, at least we need to sign some key free agents, no bargains mr thompson

4. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If we have Nick Barnett maybe Alexander doesnt have free reign with the ball but there's still a lot of work to be done up front

Safeties arent challenging the ball carrier, I like the linebackers with Hawk and Barnett, Hodge is solid as well but they're not there yet

Stupid penalties, the flase start on the goal line, Hawk was lined up in the neutral zone, patrick dendy shouldn't be allowed to play ever again, Manuel looked good against his former team but this defense is hardly imposing.

Might I add I saw blitzes called, what, once

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    They have a rookie defensive coordinator who might get better. What they have however is a team that makes too many mistakes to win. I'm also very disappointed in the play of Brett anytime we fall behind. He can't make throws into double and triple coverage and expect to win. You can't come backl and win the game when you're turning the ball over and putting the ball in their hands.

6. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    jim bates might've gotten better

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There just aren't any playmakers on the roster anymore.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Jim Bates might get a job some time soon, or maybe not...funny how that works.