Week 2 - Monday Night - Lions @ Packers (Pre Game and Game Thread)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You said it yourself. Times have changed since the Bart Starr playing days. Football is a BIG business with ALL of the issues that go along with a big business. Yes players put themselves out there and risk permanent injuries but that is a CHOICE that they make. Do you honestly think they would do it for a few thousand dollars????!! Of course they see the dark side of the business and maybe even become disillusioned. Then they need to quit and find a different normal job. Don’t you think they love to be worshipped and have all the women chasing them???? Besides making more money than most of us can ever dream of making!! Poor babies!!!! Cry me a River! I expect a lot more out of ALL of them against Detroit!! They were worse than any peewee football team that I have ever watched in that first game!!
Recall the other team gets paid too.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe after last week all the Should's are off the table. The Lions have lost 4 in a row to us including those two on the last kick. They did not quit last week and put a scare into Frisco. To say we should win by 2 or 3 TDs over the Lions is like saying it will be a close one against New Orleans. Let us hope home field helps us and we simply win the game.
I agree. This is a different team from the one we have played the last 5-6. New coaches. New QB. Part of the problem with last weeks game is, the coaches and players appeared to think that they were playing the Winston of old. He is a different QB. No I don't think he is MVP material. But their should be no assumptions. Go out there. Play smart disciplined football no matter who the opponent is.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cardinals might be for real, the Texans aren't though.

I also don't buy into the Cincinnati Bungles yet either

We gotta win this game because the Arizona Cardinals cannot be counted on to win against the Vikings with their Jason Garrett level screw up head coach. Yeah that's right I said Kliff Kingsbury is a bigger screw up than Jason Garrett and calls awful games.

Now granted I predicted Zac Taylor was going to cost the Bengals last week against them and he almost did with his dumb 4th down call. Fortunately the Vikings fumbled it away in the end and bailed him out. I can't bank on them letting that big game blower Kingsbury off the hook though.

D

Deleted member 6794

I also don't buy into the Cincinnati Bungles yet either

We gotta win this game because the Arizona Cardinals cannot be counted on to win against the Vikings with their Jason Garrett level screw up head coach. Yeah that's right I said Kliff Kingsbury is a bigger screw up than Jason Garrett and calls awful games.

Now granted I predicted Zac Taylor was going to cost the Bengals last week against them and he almost did with his dumb 4th down call. Fortunately the Vikings fumbled it away in the end and bailed him out. I can't bank on them letting that big game blower Kingsbury off the hook though.

The Packers need to win the game vs. the Lions first and foremost to rebound from their dreadful showing vs. the Saints.

It's too early in the season to be worried about the result of other games in my opinion.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If J.Williams goes for 150yds and 3 TD's and Dillon gets 4 carries I'm going to be more than just disappointed.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well just trying to figure out what to watch today while I'm waiting. Should I watch the Raiders pull a big huge shocker in Pittsburgh? Or watch Andy Dalton get embarrassed by his old team?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yessiree I picked the Raiders last week and did it again this week and nailed both games.

Bad news is so far right on cue Bungles and Cardinals proving to be farces

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yessiree I picked the Raiders last week and did it again this week and nailed both games.

Bad news is so far right on cue Bungles and Cardinals proving to be farces
Raiders coming off MNF. Cards and Bengals are short in many areas.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, Vikings find a way to lose 2 weeks in a row!!! Man oh man!!

Packers have got to take advantage of these breaks while they can

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least I know my jinx worked on them

This game became even more of a must-win because of that though.

The good news is both Minny and Chicago at least so far don't look any different from last year. Minny obviously is still good offensively but their defense is still getting them in trouble and forcing them into shootouts. Bears won today but are still the same old mediocre offense that relies on the defense kind of team so far.

The bad news is if we go 0-2 and don't get back to our winning ways soon the Vikings won't get hit by bad breaks forever, and they could end up figuring it out on defense. And the Bears, well QB and offense has been a problem for them for a while yes, but Fields is athletic and they may figure out a read option type offense that works for him and end up making a run with him. We gotta get winning while we still can to put the pressure on these nimrods.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take the dam ball if we win the toss. Let's not waste all that adrenaline watching our D!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona has some ghosts for the Vikings. Recall 2003. Josh McCown to Nate Poole on the final play of the game. Gave us the division and knocked the Vikings out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts