Week 2 - Monday Night - Lions @ Packers (Pre Game and Game Thread)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look objectively at what happened last week in the NFC North, you'll see 1) The Packers being obliterated by the Saints, the Bears being man-handled by the Rams, and the Vikings managing to lose to the hapless Bengals. Detroit, however, was at least competitive against what most think will be a very strong 49ers team, losing by one score (8 points).

Maybe the Motown Kittens won't be the pushover everyone imagines them to be.
The lions were getting their ***** handed to them until midway through the 4 quarter or so. I didn't see the game but if I had to I would guess the 49ers hacked off a bit. Heck even Bosa said he had taken his tape off at one point because he figured he was done for the day. Looking at it objectively the entire NFCN played like crap last week and that includes the Lions

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lions were getting their ***** handed to them until midway through the 4 quarter or so. I didn't see the game but if I had to I would guess the 49ers hacked off a bit. Heck even Bosa said he had taken his tape off at one point because he figured he was done for the day. Looking at it objectively the entire NFCN played like crap last week and that includes the Lions

28 second-half points by the Lions - I guess the 49ers must have slacked off a whole lot.

Probably more than they wanted to.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well we got our ***** handed to use for 4 complete quarters, i'm not overly confident unless they right this ship completely and in a hurry.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i watched the whole game. the 49ers did the classic switch to "prevent" during the scoring spurt by detroit. they had a huge lead evaporate in mere minutes, and just barely managed to hang on to a lead. the lions didn't really play any better during that scoring onslaught, and they benefitted from a couple of highly unlikely bounces of the ball. the final score makes the lions look better than they were.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions TE will have a good game reception wise but he's not that dynamic so he'll get them some first downs but won't kill the Packers. The running backs are good in the receiving game, which is concerning considering the Packer's weakness at covering those guys but, in a MASSIVE bit of good news, the Lions don't have any receivers for King to try and cover.

If the Packers can get any pressure on Goff (a big if after what the players showed against the Saints) then the Packers should win easily. Curious to see how the DC that MLF picked responds to being the same DC he's always been everywhere else; seriously, how could anyone have expected this guy to be any good at this job?!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They have
If you look objectively at what happened last week in the NFC North, you'll see 1) The Packers being obliterated by the Saints, the Bears being man-handled by the Rams, and the Vikings managing to lose to the hapless Bengals. Detroit, however, was at least competitive against what most think will be a very strong 49ers team, losing by one score (8 points).

Maybe the Motown Kittens won't be the pushover everyone imagines them to be.
No. They have nothing to lose. And what better a time to forget the past. They did give up 41 however. The Packers have to find a way to put up points. They cannot rely on their defense in anyway at this point. Maybe later in the season it will improve. As for the Vikings they were just not ready. 11 penalties in the first half. A rare fumble in Bengals territory in OT. They dominated time of possession. At least they had a lot of positives to take away. We had none. And as for the Bears we saw their weaknesses and their strengths. They were in the game. If Stafford is not the Rams QB we may have seen a different outcome. That should scare the NFC NORTH because they know Stafford like their own brother.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They have

At least they had a lot of positives to take away. We had none.

Well aside from the Bengals being very bad.

Anyway, things could drastically shift from week 1 to week 2 given how crazy this week to week league is. Just some teams that I'm not buying yet like the Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans who I think are fakes and will be crumbling apart by December. Other teams like Buffalo and Tenn meantime could still very well bounce back at some point.

We will have to do more than beat Detroit no doubt. We're going to have to beat one of either SF or Pitt in the coming weeks to be back. But hey, no team is out until they have reached mathematical elimination stage.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we come out flat Monday and look like crap again I think we may be in for a long season.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's weird but this feels like a must-win game now.

What I want is for the team to stop deferring at the coin toss and to go down and set the tone. Make the Lions throw and get some pressure on Goff. I want to see someone try to ramp these guys up, Clark needs to get in people's faces and be a leader.

That said, Swift and Hockenson will probably have their way with our defense as they would with most teams.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how long? hopefully 21 games (or 20 if we get the bye).
Long as in the entire 17 game season. Luckily for GB though the NFCN is once again one of the most incompetent in the league so the chance of winning the division should be within their grasp.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well aside from the Bengals being very bad.

Anyway, things could drastically shift from week 1 to week 2 given how crazy this week to week league is. Just some teams that I'm not buying yet like the Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans who I think are fakes and will be crumbling apart by December. Other teams like Buffalo and Tenn meantime could still very well bounce back at some point.

We will have to do more than beat Detroit no doubt. We're going to have to beat one of either SF or Pitt in the coming weeks to be back. But hey, no team is out until they have reached mathematical elimination stage.
Arizona still can bring a lot to the table. They have plenty of speed. They can easily be a spoiler in the NFC West. And all 4 teams in that division could make the playoffs.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes too early to tell what will happen with the rest of the season. You always have to take plan on un foreseen injures and surprise teams coming on strong. Let’s just hope that the entire team gets on the same page and works to correct mistakes from last week. The best part of last weeks game was the punter.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's weird but this feels like a must-win game now.

What I want is for the team to stop deferring at the coin toss and to go down and set the tone. Make the Lions throw and get some pressure on Goff. I want to see someone try to ramp these guys up, Clark needs to get in people's faces and be a leader.

That said, Swift and Hockenson will probably have their way with our defense as they would with most teams.
Agree about taking the ball if we win the toss. Totally agree.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just some teams that I'm not buying yet like the Arizona Cardinals and the Houston Texans who I think are fakes and will be crumbling apart by December. Other teams like Buffalo and Tenn meantime could still very well bounce back at some point.

The Cardinals might be for real, the Texans aren't though.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. They have

No. They have nothing to lose. And what better a time to forget the past. They did give up 41 however. The Packers have to find a way to put up points. They cannot rely on their defense in anyway at this point. Maybe later in the season it will improve. As for the Vikings they were just not ready. 11 penalties in the first half. A rare fumble in Bengals territory in OT. They dominated time of possession. At least they had a lot of positives to take away. We had none. And as for the Bears we saw their weaknesses and their strengths. They were in the game. If Stafford is not the Rams QB we may have seen a different outcome. That should scare the NFC NORTH because they know Stafford like their own brother.

I think the Stafford trade has been a bigger scare for teams in the NFC West...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Lighten up Mike.
2. If Arizona has the same success against Cook as they had against Henry they move way up in my eyes.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts