Week 15 - Da Bears Again

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right, it's time to see if we can finally cut out the ridiculous brouhaha and garner up the playoff capabilities this team has.

A win here plus a Dallas win vs the Rams and we accomplish two things:

We make the playoffs and we eliminate da bears

We beat these guys to start things this year but that was a while ago. It's rivalry weekend again and the Bears still have a lot to play for.

We just gotta rattle Trubisky again and get back some big plays for this offense.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be a great and hard game, but I think we will beat them again!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Mitch has started to play better as he is running more now..that's what helped last year

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mitch has started to play better as he is running more now..that's what helped last year
that's his brand. they'll be a handful as division opponents always are. another nail-biter i'm thinking but with it being a home game, and the Packers mostly healthy, i think they'll notch their 11th. it's gonna be hella cold. need to run the ball a lot.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Mitch will be feeling his oats thinking his new weapon is his feet, this should be right up Martinez alley spying him..

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This may be a great and hard game, but I think we will beat them again!
Not any easier or any harder than Week One. Just that the Bears are fighting for their life. So their intensity will be different than the earlier matchup. With that said they face a Packer team that wants to get in now and wants a home game. The Lambeau crowd certainly will help. And the Bears history in the last 30 years in Lambeau is pretty bad. One of them came with Rodgers going out on the first drive.

D

Deleted member 6794

Facing terrible pass defenses over the past three weeks has been the main reason that Trubisky has performed at a higher level.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Da Bears will be tough like usual. It's a conference game, we need to show up and play well. We do that, i'm not concerned about Mitch's "resurgence" at QB. They were gushing about him in that Dallas game and he gave dallas more than a few opportunities to blow them up. Dallas was just too pathetic to do anything about it.

But there are enough positives on the Bear's team that it's not going to just be some walk thru.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked good last game. And he was throwing the ball with accuracy. And in tight spots. Still think our D is good enough but we get there through our O. A good test against da bears.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facing terrible pass defenses over the past three weeks has been the main reason that Trubisky has performed at a higher level.

Dallas is a decent defense when it comes to passing and Mitch didn't look completely shook. And stats show Packers are closer to the Giants pass D than Dallas pass D. Now...something that doesn't show up in the box score or on paper is how Dallas looks to have given up on their coach.

But this needs to be a coming out party for the Packers on both sides of the ball or this could be an embarrassing game at home. As someone has said already, this is the Bear's superbowl, they'll be ready to play and riding momentum.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we won't face a team as desperate as the Bears are right now. They had high, high expectations coming into the season. They had some bumps and seem to have gotten thru them and still have their ultimate goal in sight. This is their playoffs on Sunday. Win and advance. Lose and play a couple more games for the fans, pride, and evaluation of the roster for next year. To say they'll be hungry and ready is probably an understatement.

The Packers must show up ready to play, they do, they should win. If they don't, they leave a lot of doors open they don't want open and start closing others. Looks like it's going to be a cold one, mid teens maybe on Sunday. though we're far enough out that could change yet.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Bears and Packers rivalry was made for times of year like this.

At least if we win ugly here, I won't be as disappointed because usually when the defenses are good that's just how this rivalry goes.

Other games to keep an eye on ...

Well 49ers got Atlanta, which more likely than not is about a bye week for them

I'd like to say the Colts could pull one out of the hat in New Orleans, but not all that likely the way they've played lately. Still, a W for them here and number 2 seed is in play.

Vikes are at the Chargers who also haven't done well. But if Bosa and company could muster up that same defense they had against us and make life difficult for them in LA, that'd be huge.

And of course, man just this one week Dallas you gotta stop sucking. Beat the Rams and at least try and make your division look like it has a playoff team in it.

Anyway, the last two games won't mean much if we don't take care of business in this one.

Well, pretty simple ...

We win, we're one step closer to clinching

We win + Dallas W = we do clinch

We win + Dallas and LA Chargers W = gravy on top which at that point I think we will win the division even if that happens because at that point, Minny is down two games and beating us only gets them back within one. And we're not losing to Driskel or Blough in Detroit, not a chance.

We lose ... Well I think in the end we'll still get in because of the aforementioned Detroit game and I think the LA Rams lose just one more before this season is up. But it would then make that tough game in Minny all the more tougher by potentially giving them the division, and we'd likely get in as a 6th seed, a road that I don't think we want.

But it's crazy though, this playoff picture could really be shaken up by the end of this week.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR needs to learn from the last 3 outings against the Bears and NOT think he has 4+ seconds to scan the field an get a pass off. Hit his 1st or 2nd read on the first 8 to 10 passes, move the chains & getting the ball OUT of his hands. By not having a sniff at a sack it'll slow down the pass rush and keep AR upright, longer.

I really like the 2 & 3 TE alignments allowing run or pass options for our offense. Also, puts more guys into the pass pattern running shallow 5-8 yard routes and allowing for the quick(er) pass or TE on Safety blocking on outside runs.

LazardLizardKing

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see another Bears Packers battle brewing. Bears are playing well right now and the Packers have looked disinterested at times in recent games. Line is 4.5, I forsee a 20-17 Packers DUB.

Go Pack GO

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being able to move the ball against a bad defense is still an improvement for Trubisky.

_-------------------------------------------

Packers 38 Bears 16.

Trubisky has a rough day and gets sacked 5 times. The brutal cold doesn't agree with him.

With Roquon Smith out, pack will move the ball steady with the TEs across the middle and Jamaal Williams running up the gut 9/75/1 Tonyan has great day 5/70/1. Aaron Jones get 70 yds rushing but 80 yards receiving.

Bears fans will still think they pulled one over on the Pack by trading Amos for Haha.

This is the week we get a defensive score. Pick 6 by Savage!

Our new punt return guy will continue to amaze by getting positive yardage for a 2nd game in a row! Look for him to build on his resume with 23 yards on 4 attempts.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 63 Bears 3

AR goes 28/31 548yds 8TD passes
Jones 5 carries 102yds 1rushing touchdown also 4/88/2 in receiving
Adams 10/170/3
Lazard 6/140/2

Trubisky throws 4 interceptions and sacked 6 times

D

Deleted member 6794

Dallas is a decent defense when it comes to passing and Mitch didn't look completely shook. And stats show Packers are closer to the Giants pass D than Dallas pass D. Now...something that doesn't show up in the box score or on paper is how Dallas looks to have given up on their coach.

The Packers (11th) are ranked above Dallas (19th) in opponent passer rating allowed.

Well 49ers got Atlanta, which more likely than not is about a bye week for them

The Saints probably felt the same way before losing at home to the Falcons some weeks ago.

I'd like to say the Colts could pull one out of the hat in New Orleans, but not all that likely the way they've played lately. Still, a W for them here and number 2 seed is in play.

The Packers are currently the #2 seed in the NFC, if they win out there's no chance the Saints move past them for a first round bye.

Anyway, the last two games won't mean much if we don't take care of business in this one.

Of course they would with the Packers still in the driver's seat to win their division.

We win + Dallas and LA Chargers W = gravy on top which at that point I think we will win the division even if that happens because at that point, Minny is down two games and beating us only gets them back within one. And we're not losing to Driskel or Blough in Detroit, not a chance.

The Packers would clinch the division with wins against the Bears and Lions, no matter what.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Akiem Hicks has a good chance to return to the Bears DL after missing 8 games. He really is one of the keys to their defense, and if he is close to full strength (which is unlikely), he can make sledding really tough for the packer RBs.

WillyP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears have been playing much better as of lately so we see a different Bears team this time around, combine that with the Packers less than stellar play right now im not feeling good about this one

Packers 17
Bears 24

Reaction score
and if he is close to full strength (which is unlikely), he can make sledding really tough for the packer RBs.
Hmmm. By any chance are you really Troy Aikman? If this is you Troy, no need to respond here. Just PM me I’d like an autograph please. Thnx!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Packers 63 Bears 3

AR goes 28/31 548yds 8TD passes
Jones 5 carries 102yds 1rushing touchdown also 4/88/2 in receiving
Adams 10/170/3
Lazard 6/140/2

Trubisky throws 4 interceptions and sacked 6 times

And what is Santa bringing you for Christmas ?? I love your optimism bud.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right, it's time to see if we can finally cut out the ridiculous brouhaha and garner up the playoff capabilities this team has.

A win here plus a Dallas win vs the Rams and we accomplish two things:

We make the playoffs and we eliminate da bears

We beat these guys to start things this year but that was a while ago. It's rivalry weekend again and the Bears still have a lot to play for.

We just gotta rattle Trubisky again and get back some big plays for this offense.
All I want is to just beat the BEARS and move on to the next team.

Members online

No members online now.