'We probably should have kept him (Rodgers) off IR'

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"This team has a bunch of aging receivers ( minus Adams), a 34 year old QB, no RB, and an atrocious D."
At some point, all these years of drafting for defense is going to have a detrimental effect on the offense, if it hasn't already.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quote from Clay Matthews.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-...dgers-we-probably-should-have-kept-him-off-ir

I would only be pissed off if he were healthy enough to play in the Pittsburgh game. Right now, I could care less if he plays vs the Browns or Tampa. You can also read this as good news as it's basically expected he'll be back week 15 @ Carolina. But I don't consider it good news considering I find it damn near impossible to not only make the playoffs, but win the Super Bowl even if we do get in considering we would need to win 9 straight to win the Lombardi. Thoughts?

From a medical point of view, there is no way he was healthy enough to play vs. Pittsburgh.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we haven't. Everyone said the same thing: Aaron Rodgers is most likely out for the season. People inside the organization sounded like it would be a miracle if he comes back for the last three games.

Yes we have. Since he was put in IR, he was eligible to return vs. the Panthers per the IR rules.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we haven't. Everyone said the same thing: Aaron Rodgers is most likely out for the season. People inside the organization sounded like it would be a miracle if he comes back for the last three games.
you are confusing things....That article says nothing we haven't known since he was put on IR. We always knew that it was possible according to the IR rules that he could be brought back for the Carolina game. There has been a lot of doubt that he will be healed enough to play. We still don't know for sure. Many of us were speculating that he would be ready, other were claiming he would not. As of now, he has not had any X-rays and has not been cleared medically to play. The thing we know at this point is that the Packers have designated him as one of the players to return from IR... if he is cleared medically, and the Packers are still in contention he may play. Again no real new info here.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winning out made the organization think they were closer to a SB than they really were. Rodgers was the only reason for that streak. Once they faced a great team, they melted down like they usually do.

Quite frankly I'm not interested in another streak that leads to inevitable playoff heartbreak. Losing out may be the only way to get rid of the GM and certain coaches.

Let's put it this way, what did the winning streak mean to you after the NFC title game? Squat. They watched the SB at home just like the Browns and Rams.

I'm a realistic fan. This team has a bunch of aging receivers ( minus Adams), a 34 year old QB, no RB, and an atrocious D.

This is pure idiocy. Nothing more to be said. If the Packers did what you say, then you could likely say goodbye to Rodgers in short order too. Rodgers isn't going to want to rebuild from scratch in his mid-30s. Use your head.

Members online

Latest posts