We are witnessing history with Gute

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I mean winning the SB this year wouldn't automatically mean he's great if he wasn't responsible for the majority of the team

Yeah but getting us "over the hump" is something to take into consideration. I mean we have Aaron Rodgers for gods sake.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I mean winning the SB this year wouldn't automatically mean he's great if he wasn't responsible for the majority of the team

But if his additions, especially through FA, make major contributions towards that Super Bowl, he would get a lot of credit for the needed change of approach to team building.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But if his additions, especially through FA, make major contributions towards that Super Bowl, he would get a lot of credit for the needed change of approach to team building.

Credit he would rightfully deserve. Now say out of this draft class..he picks at least 2 or 3 who have immediate impacts right away That a lone deserves high praise.

Reaction score
TT leaving Cap could’ve come in Handy. But instead TT left us HandiCapped.
While all teams strive to improve I still think it’s a 2yr year mini rebuild. I see us 33% into the process and plenty of work to be done still in 2018 but more positives than negatives thus far.
It’s Refreshing to see the FA activity even if I don’t personally agree with all of it. Something had to change and I only wish we would’ve had another 15M Cap space.
Ideally, we can achieve filling 66% of our Roster holes and somewhat ideal depth with substantial athletes during this transition year.
That gives us a reasonable chance that #12 can be a contender deep into the playoffs, with him and God anything is possible. We really need a couple of unexpected players to rise to the occasion (similar to Starks in 2010)
Next year the Roster will have been better prepared with seasoning and will have been marinating and fully grill ready.

But we’ll need to refuel in 2019 and apply the special sauce and crank up the heat and get to cookin’

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not going to pretend that I am a guru on contracts and guaranteed dollars and such, but with some of the contracts being thrown out the past few days, 13 million of 30+ million doesn't seem like an astronomical amount of money to me. From what I understand, all of the obligations to the Packers regarding Graham can be eradicated after this season if he flops.

He has top-5 TE talent especially with Rodgers throwing the rock. For the Packers to have snagged two guys basically at the expense of Jordy who could prove to be big time contributors, the Packers have done quite well.

Again, aggressive, but not careless. The biggest point for me was that neither of these signings will cause the Packers any long term cap issues. BGK is impressing me thus far.

I agree that the Packers didn't hand out an astronomical amount of guaranteed money to Graham but it wasn't a low number for a soon-to-be 32-year old tight end either.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gutekunst's approach as well but I'm still undecided on the Graham signing. Especially as the depth chart at cornerback still completely lacks talent.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT leaving Cap could’ve come in Handy. But instead TT left us HandiCapped.
While all teams strive to improve I still think it’s a 2yr year mini rebuild. I see us 33% into the process and plenty of work to be done still in 2018 but more positives than negatives thus far.
It’s Refreshing to see the FA activity even if I don’t personally agree with all of it. Something had to change and I only wish we would’ve had another 15M Cap space.
Ideally, we can achieve filling 66% of our Roster holes and somewhat ideal depth with substantial athletes during this transition year.
That gives us a reasonable chance that #12 can be a contender deep into the playoffs, with him and God anything is possible. We really need a couple of unexpected players to rise to the occasion (similar to Starks in 2010)
Next year the Roster will have been better prepared with seasoning and will have been marinating and fully grill ready.

But we’ll need to refuel in 2019 and apply the special sauce and crank up the heat and get to cookin’

I'm hungry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts