Wandering Lions fan

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all, Nice setup you have here. I cannot wait for week one, it should be a great game at Ford Field. Early prediction Lions 31 Pack 23 :twisted:

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AFLion-Welcome to the best Packer Forum website around from an old time fan located in DePere, Wi. which is five miles from Lambeau Field.I go back to 50's when the Lion had the likes of QB Bobby Layne, TE/FB Leon Hart, ex Packer QB Tobin Rote,& Joe Schmidt. Lions really had some great teams in that era ,and won NFL Championship. Packers were awlful in that era until Vince Lombardi came to town in 1959 and that ended the Lions Championships. Don't bet" the family farm" on that prediction of Packer-Lion game in Detriot on opening day. Look forward to your postings, that is, if you are knowledgeable NFL and Lion fan. You will find many good knowlegeable NFL/Packer fans on this Packerforum. If you try to "snow us" we will call you on it!!

OP
OP
A

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TY PWT, I wish I could have seen those championship teams of the 50's. I like the potential the Lions have now but I am ready to see some wins. I consider myself to be fairly knowledable about the the and try to stay away from the Honululu Blue koolaid. From what I read and heard so far it seems like the Pack are headed for a down season this year but it seems like they have been saying that for awhile so I would not count them out. With the young players the Lions have, some solid signings by the Vikings, and even some love for the Bears it should be an intersting season for the best division in the NFL. :D

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AF, welcome to PackerForum. Bet you wish you had Brett Favre to pull the trigger with all the weapons you have now. But you still have Joey, the Hiesman poster board boy. I think you are pretty close on the score but you have the teams reversed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:welcome:

Noisey Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D First of all welcome to our site I also expect to see the lions doing better this season they have a great coach and good weapons on both sides of the line, but I think the best they will do is give da Pack a run for there money but you can never tell when it comes to these two teams :-?

OP
OP
A

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. So far this sight is pretty cool. I cant wait until camp to start. We have so many new guys and players coming back from injury Its hard to say how good the Lions really are.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the Packerforum lion fan. I always root for your team when they are not playing the Pack. I love your coach--not literally. :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
A

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, the Lions glory days of finishing 10-6 and getting bounced in the first round of the play-offs. :D Barry was awsome to watch, some of his runs were just plain insane. I just wish he would have left on better terms.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Af Lions- Like the Packer teams with Brett Favre at QB and Reggie White at DE. What would have been if Tom Bratz Packer General Manager at the time would have drafted Barry Sanders instead of Tony Manderich. Barry would have been on a Super Bowl team and probably would have played longer and set more NFL rushing records.

OP
OP
A

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, barry would have turn a few teams into dynasties. Then again knowing Barry he probably would have retired after the first championship.

Members online

Latest posts