1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Walker for Clements?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packman5, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Packman5

Packman5 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard that Clements is not willing to go back to the Bills and i've heard rumors of TT trading Javon for Clements, I think this is a great idea but i want to hear what you guys have to say about this.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i think if we could swing a trade which included us giving them a middle to high draft pick. if we do this though, i think it is necessary to make a move to trade up and get possibly an early round pick to get a top tier receiver.

3. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Clements is great...if i'm not mistaken he wants a new contract?

big money, but he is a badass...and if he's still under contract with them, no way they'll swap him straight up for Javon at his current value. i'm sure they would want some picks of some sort.

4. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the idea of Clements for Walker and i think it would be a pretty good trade. But i also like that i heard the pack could trade Javon Walker and there first to the Broncos for both of their first's 15th and 22nd and get Ashley Lelie.

5. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'd have to see a report on this. I'm not buying the Bills giving up a good young player in a tough poistion to fill for a players coming off injury in a fairly easy position to fill. This just sounds like rumor mongering to me.

6. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clements has got like as many interceptions in a year as the packers combined he is a good player and we would have to cough up a draft pick im assuming.

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    what kind of money would clements be looking for?

8. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Walker's also looking for a big contract right now. So the Bills would have to give up one talented player with no injury who wants a big contract for another talented player who's had knee surgery who wants a big contract.

Sounds like a great deal for GB, but crap for Buffalo.

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    SHHHHHHHHHHH... they're probably reading this trying to decide what to do! are you trying to sabotage the Packers or what?!?!

10. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    WOOPS!

:whippin:

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree this would be a great idea.

12. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wont happen. I would love it but it wont happen. We would have to throw something else in there. I am pretty sure that Buffalo slapped the frachise tag on this guy. THey arent really look for a WR anyway they have Peerless and Lee.

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    scout.com has Nate Clements unsigned.

Bills slap corner Clements with franchise tag
    Bills cornerback Nate Clements became the second player this offseason to be slapped with the franchise tag before Thursday's deadline, when Buffalo designated him their franchise player Wednesday.

nevermind i found my answer

14. dannychau22

dannychau22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im pretty sure clements rufused to sign the one year franchise tag

15. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Even if he did refuse to sign it. He's still off the market(the one I thoght he was still on lol) and off limits unless a trade. The Packers would have to give up two 1st Rounders to get him since he has the tag.

16. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    holy ****! that's the rule!?!?! those motherfuckers up in buffalo! what are the guidelines of the franchise tag?