Walker and Carroll Fight at Practice

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll is on his way out of Green Bay and possibly the NFL. What an idiot.

From packerreport.com

With his penchant for holding, second-year Packers cornerback Ahmad Carroll has been a regular source of irritation for the coaching staff. During Sunday morning

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I woundnt mind seeing Carrol gone. He seems to be just one problem after anouther both in and out of the game. Out of the game or off the field will only get worse if he should actually become a good player!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The article makes it sound like this was Walker's fault, but I'm sure there is a lot that they're not telling us. Walker doesn't seem like the type to start a fight.

I'm still waiting to see or hear about any improvement from Carroll this season, either in his play or his attitude.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This goes on at normal football practices from Pop Warner to the pros. No big deal. Just so a receiver from another team doesn't get away with it.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both of the guys need to cool their tempers a little bit. I really think that this fighting is unnecesary. Time for the children to grow up and treat each other like adults.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
The article makes it sound like this was Walker's fault, but I'm sure there is a lot that they're not telling us. Walker doesn't seem like the type to start a fight.

I'm still waiting to see or hear about any improvement from Carroll this season, either in his play or his attitude.

Why do you assume since it sounds like it was Walkers fault there must be more to it? Walker doesnt seem like the type to start a fight? He also didn't seem like the person who would threaten a hold out either or follow through with one.

Don't sugar coat Walker simply because he is far better football player then Carroll can dream of.

This simply sounds like a training camp tassle, nothing to sweat about in fact some coachs like seeing players getting into fights.

Its not like one of them went up to the other on the playground and pushed them to the ground, this is two men ... working.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It must have been Walker's fault, otherwise they should have let Walker knock some of the cockiness, stubborn holding and bad attitude out of Carroll. :wink: :roll: :lol:

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christl made mention of this too in his Weblog but it actually sounded like a fight. This just sounds like Carroll got his jaw knocked around a little bit, "absorbing a couple good shots".

This is football, nothing more, nothing less... it's a physical violent game.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slick: I've never heard of Walker fighting or even arguing with anyone. Carroll has a reputation as a loudmouth who gets on everyone's nerves and is always grabbing receivers. Last year Carroll physically attacked Joey Thomas in the film room. During a non-contact minicamp in June, Carroll cheap-shotted Donald Driver. Do you think it's pure coincidence that Carroll is the guy Walker started wailing on?

Maybe it is just a training camp scuffle that really doesn't have much significance, as you and net and Philtration have said. What concerns me is that for Carroll, it's part of a pattern rather than just an isolated incident.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure it's just a case of frustrations flaring for these players.

For Carroll, he's facing being replaced for the first time in his life. For someone who's always been the star it's not easy to think about living life as an also-ran.

As for Walker, after telling everybody he's one of the top 5 receivers in the NFL he's having a very mediocre camp. No grandstand catches, virtually being shut down by a rookie CB (Hawkins). Pretty hard to justify that $20 million signing bonus he thinks he deserves if this keeps up.

Bottom line, this is just part of the maturing process for these 2 guys. IMO, it'll do them both a world of good. Coaches must think so too or they'd have made it a point to separate them for the rest of the practice. They didn't.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Slick: I've never heard of Walker fighting or even arguing with anyone. Carroll has a reputation as a loudmouth who gets on everyone's nerves and is always grabbing receivers. Last year Carroll physically attacked Joey Thomas in the film room. During a non-contact minicamp in June, Carroll cheap-shotted Donald Driver. Do you think it's pure coincidence that Carroll is the guy Walker started wailing on?

Maybe it is just a training camp scuffle that really doesn't have much significance, as you and net and Philtration have said. What concerns me is that for Carroll, it's part of a pattern rather than just an isolated incident.

Seems that Carrol is building a history of altercations along with his "can't keep my hand off you" problems.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Understood, I feel assuming something is unfair to both parties though. Although I'm sure I do it all the time. I just try not to because I've been on the other end of the stick before and its not fun when others point you guilty without even knowing whats going on.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understood, I feel assuming something is unfair to both parties though. Although I'm sure I do it all the time. I just try not to because I've been on the other end of the stick before and its not fun when others point you guilty without even knowing whats going on

Slick, as you state you "try not to". That's what Carroll has to do. Just not hold, even if he gets beat, he has to not hold and as time goes on he will be OK. He will learn to cover properly which can lead to him being a good player. As it is now, refs watch for his holding, he continues to hold, they watch even closer, and Carroll compounds his problem.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how the coaches are handling Carroll's holding. But if it were me, I would stop play the second he holds, explain the correction, and repeat the play. If they are running the entire play, then telling him he held, they are dwelling on the problem and not the solution. Just a thought.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
Understood, I feel assuming something is unfair to both parties though. Although I'm sure I do it all the time. I just try not to because I've been on the other end of the stick before and its not fun when others point you guilty without even knowing whats going on

Slick, as you state you "try not to". That's what Carroll has to do. Just not hold, even if he gets beat, he has to not hold and as time goes on he will be OK. He will learn to cover properly which can lead to him being a good player. As it is now, refs watch for his holding, he continues to hold, they watch even closer, and Carroll compounds his problem.

HUH?

Don't relate me to Carroll, ever... omg slap yourself with a dead fish k thx.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare what is your source for this opinion?:"As for Walker, after telling everybody he's one of the top 5 receivers in the NFL he's having a very mediocre camp. No grandstand catches, virtually being shut down by a rookie CB (Hawkins). Pretty hard to justify that $20 million signing bonus he thinks he deserves if this keeps up. " unquote--I have been to many Packer pre season training camp sessions this year ,I have see some great catches by Javon Walker and have seen nothing mediocre about his practices. It is reassuring to Favre and me and should be to all Packer fans to see Walker out there on Practice Field. He is a tall, strong , young fast wide receiver who is developing into a premier wide receiver in the NFL. What is not to like about his talent as a wide receiver for the Packers?? Come here to Green Bay and watch him in action at Training camp before Training camp ends.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slow down in the assumptions here boys. People's bias sure show through in the post here. Carroll was doing a good job of frustrating Walker with press coverage, tempers flared. Carroll should not back down and he didn't. The coaches addressed it and both players are handling this like Pros, saying, "what happens on the field stays on the field" and both have moved on like teammates should.

I see this in a positive light. Carroll seems to be maturing, he would not be so quick to bounce back to playing and would have been obsessing about being disrespected last season. This year he moves on to the next play. He has regained his starting job at this point and is fighting hard to keep it.

The idea that they would send him packing is absurd.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Walker got sick of Carroll holding him play after play and did something about it.
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Hey Slick - I liked your comment, but was curious - Do ya think Walker would be a good cornerback? And, if given the chance, do you think Carroll could, or would, be a good WR?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:
He has regained his starting job at this point and is fighting hard to keep it.

Is this speculation, or have the press/MS mentioned this. I know that Joey T. has been injured and didn't have a good practice yesterday, but I thought he was in front of Carroll still, and that Hawkins was pushing him as well.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Ryan said:
Walker got sick of Carroll holding him play after play and did something about it.
Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Hey Slick - I liked your comment, but was curious - Do ya think Walker would be a good cornerback? And, if given the chance, do you think Carroll could, or would, be a good WR?

Didn't walker play some DB a snap or two last season against the 'boys? I thought I read somewhere he had to go in for a play or two cuz sharper was hurt.

My thoughts, I think Walker 'could' be a average DB, he's a bit tall though so I dunno. I think 6ft is good height for a DB. if they are too tall its in my opinion too hard for them to have that make up speed an the taller they are the less agile they can be to follow the WRs.

Make sense? Kind of hurrying cuz I'm at work lol

Carroll, nah no go at WR. Doesn't have the right mindset. I think he belongs returning kicks for a year or two so he gets knocked around a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts