1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Walker and Carroll Fight at Practice

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Joey T. has fallen behind and Carroll has been elevated back to the number 1 spot. The competition is still on, but Joey's injury has really set him back, combined with Carroll making some significant improvements.

Both Bates and Sherman have been quoted as saying similar things about the current situation including: it is not too late for Joey T to win the job but the lost time is huge -- this is not mini-camp, it is the final steps in getting ready for the real deal. Carroll is the favorite in the competition, whereas when they broke mini-camp Joey had move ahead.

Jobs are not won in mini-camps they are won in training camp and during the exhibition season.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I'm pulling for C. Johnson to take a starting spot!

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I think Joey Thomas wins out - he's not nearly as grabby as Carroll.
    It's nice to see Nick Collins stepping up so well, too!

With Joey back from the Injury List - We'll just see how well Ahmad can hang in there... or (what) punch somebody....?

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Remember the doubters with the pick of Collins? Hopefully he can prove them wrong and be a quality player for the Packers now and the future.