Vote: who do you blame most for last night?

Who's more to blame

• Total voters

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It honestly just blew my mind, even the morning after how Erik Walden could find himself out of position on so many plays. And even on the odd chance he was in the right position, he made the wrong decision like breaking contain and chasing after Gore on that one Kaepernick scramble.

Oh, and here is a quote from Kaepernick in which I think not only says a lot about this defensive coaching staff, but a lot about the players as well.

On if the Packers were spying him: “I think a couple of times, a little. For the most part they were trying to double receivers and keep eyes on them.”
On if he knew there would be opportunities to run after seeing Joe Webb last week: “Yeah, we knew going in that we were going to have some opportunities.”

Ridiculous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-on-colin-kaepernick-oh-my-that-was-special/

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why couldnt Ross or Cobb catch a kick/punt??????? Why would you put ross at punt returner in a PLAYOFF game. Let Ross return kicks and punts ALL next season and then he will be ready to catch them in the playoffs. I dont blame MM 100% though its not the first time Ross has returned punts he should know how to catch. I blame most of it on the D both coaches and players mainly LBS as far as players go.

Sorry, but I don't want to hear people being pissy about Ross fielding kicks and punts two weeks after people were pissing and moaning that Cobb shouldn't be returning kicks or punts.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sorry, but I don't want to hear people being pissy about Ross fielding kicks and punts two weeks after people were pissing and moaning that Cobb shouldn't be returning kicks or punts.
The fact is the kid made a mistake. It happens. He probably feels like crap today. IF he continually does it, we can run him out of town. I still liked his running style over Cobb. Usually straight down the throat and not towards the outside.
Randall Cobb is still an awesome talent, but let him concentrate on being a receiver. IMOO

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hindsight, but it almost seems to me like our best bet would be to keep Woodson at the line of scrimmage all day and assign him as a spy to Colin K. Woodson isn't a burner anymore by any means, but he's going to keep up better than any LB on our team and can tackle better than any other DB.

Good chance we would've gotten burned in other ways and lost anyway, but it's the only real thing I can think of that we could've done.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw spies many times.....Matthews, Woodson, Hawk, Jones.

I saw many times Matthews didn't go balls-out on his pass rushes because if he did, it would open a wide lane for Kaepernick to waltz thru. And because our DBs and LBs are always covering man-to-man, they almost all have their backs turned and don't see Kaepernick running til it's too late.
Why couldn't DoofusDom get these guys to play some zones that the 49ers had not scouted?
He was never confused or rattled.
The one mistake he made was a late slow throw when he was getting rare pressure.

Ross' fumble DID kill us.

We were up 14-7, and had just gotten a stop obviously. And our offense had marched for 7 last time so they were in a groove. A TD drive and a 21-7 lead might have really changed things, who knows.

But that's not on the coaches. It's on Ross. He'd looked ProBowl like until that one, and had never dropped one before then.
He choked.
Like a lot of Packer fans hoped Kaepernick would.

Instead, we saw Peyton Manning choke yesterday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their WRs constantly holding would-be tacklers downfield was a big part of that.
Our CB's are thin, frail, soft, finesse.

In all those yards, the fact that Kaepernick didn't take any big hits, that upsets me more than anything.

Reaction score
15-1 last year, then the explosion to a 9-7 team. They lose home field and the second seed last week and now this. I've been a Packers fan for 40 years, and I'm ****ing done. I have far better things to do than waste an entire season watching this **** only to have it end like this TWICE in TWO YEARS!!!

They suck, McCarthy sucks, Thompson sucks, Capers sucks more than anything I can fathom, and the players??? Christ sake horrible. Saint Vince is rolling over in his grave for sure.

And why is Ross even in the NFL? That ******* couldn't catch a ********* beach ball. I mean really, you're a professional football player, getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, you're in the playoffs and you muff a punt on the 2? Seriously? Go see if the Walmart in Appleton is looking for greeters, at least that way you wouldn't have to handle any product. Good thing you trained your whole life to be a football player, huh Ross? ****ing moron.

Horrible coaching, horrible management, just awful. It'll be a long time before this joke of an organization wins anything with the ***-buckets they have running this ****-show in charge. What a waste of a team for people like Matthews, Rodgers, Nelson et al. to be on.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

15-1 last year, then the explosion to a 9-7 team. They lose home field and the second seed last week and now this. I've been a Packers fan for 40 years, and I'm ******* done. I have far better things to do than waste an entire season watching this **** only to have it end like this TWICE in TWO YEARS!!!

They suck, McCarthy sucks, Thompson sucks, Capers sucks more than anything I can fathom, and the players??? Christ sake horrible. Saint Vince is rolling over in his grave for sure.

And why is Ross even in the NFL? That ******* couldn't catch a ********* beach ball. I mean really, you're a professional football player, getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, you're in the playoffs and you muff a punt on the 2? Seriously? Go see if the Walmart in Appleton is looking for greeters, at least that way you wouldn't have to handle any product. Good thing you trained your whole life to be a football player, huh Ross? ******* moron.

Horrible coaching, horrible management, just awful. It'll be a long time before this joke of an organization wins anything with the ***-buckets they have running this ****-show in charge. What a waste of a team for people like Matthews, Rodgers, Nelson et al. to be on.

You not happy then mate ?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted that anyone would be blaming the offense for the loss last night.

Were they operating perfectly like in the Texans game? No. Did they have some drives cut short that kept the defense out there too much? Sure.

It's also not like they were facing a subpar defense. They took what was given, for the most part. I could agree that they the playcalling in the 3rd was poor and it was very puzzling that they got away from the run, but that's not what cost us the game.

We lost the game because we simply could not stop them defensively. We gave up 181 yards rushing...to the opposing quarterback alone. That is not simply a bad line. That is a historically bad line.

Blame that on the players, blame that on the coaching, whatever you want, but we lost this game because of our defense.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
15-1 last year, then the explosion to a 9-7 team. They lose home field and the second seed last week and now this. I've been a Packers fan for 40 years, and I'm ******* done. I have far better things to do than waste an entire season watching this **** only to have it end like this TWICE in TWO YEARS!!!

And why is Ross even in the NFL? That ******* couldn't catch a ********* beach ball. I mean really, you're a professional football player, getting paid a ridiculous amount of money, you're in the playoffs and you muff a punt on the 2? Seriously? Go see if the Walmart in Appleton is looking for greeters, at least that way you wouldn't have to handle any product. Good thing you trained your whole life to be a football player, huh Ross? ******* moron.

Good bye. Have a nice life.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cam Newton, RG3, Wilson, Vick, Tarkenton, Young, Culpepper. All of these ran like that their first year or so. We'll see over the next few seasons if he is different.

Not only was his speed phenomenal, the fakes were incredible. Even Clay was wondering where the ball was on one play. Watching it, I did not even know he was running till he was past the line of scrimmage cause everyone was on Gore. The fact that he was making picture perfect passes to well defended players limited how much help we could provide on this too.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bye Have A Beautiful Time!!!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the problem
Time of Possession Packers 21:59 49ers 38:01
Plus we turned the ball over twice.
So it was not just the defense being poor which it was; it was also offense never let them rest as well.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Here is the problem
Time of Possession Packers 21:59 49ers 38:01
Plus we turned the ball over twice.
So it was not just the defense being poor which it was; it was also offense never let them rest as well.
Because turnovers is a separate issue than TOP.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact is the kid made a mistake. It happens. He probably feels like crap today. IF he continually does it, we can run him out of town. I still liked his running style over Cobb. Usually straight down the throat and not towards the outside.
Randall Cobb is still an awesome talent, but let him concentrate on being a receiver. IMOO

he did make a mistake BUT
it was a game changer.
it was 14-7 with us getting the ball back.
It "could have" been 21-7 or 17-7....
but it ended up being a big MO changer AND 14 ALL.

the other big play was that missed pass to 85.
that was a killer in mho....

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did make a mistake BUT
it was a game changer.
it was 14-7 with us getting the ball back.
It "could have" been 21-7 or 17-7....
but it ended up being a big MO changer AND 14 ALL.

the other big play was that missed pass to 85.
that was a killer in mho....
Despite all that and that and that.... the way our defense played, the way our defense is, WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN that all game period.
Nor do we deserve to.

This just in: Our defense, still, sucks.

12theTruth

For those that say Ross's fumble killed us, well it was a big mistake but FAR from why we lost the game. But leadership from the coaching staff after the Ross fumble was absent. Instead of just pulling Ross from punt returns, McCarthy or Slocum pulled Ross out of game point blank. Talk about knee jerk. Look at how inept Cobb was out there. A mistake on top of another mistake was par for the course in the game.

Write in candidates for who I blame for last night.

Strength and Conditioning coach

AND

Replacement Refs

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that say Ross's fumble killed us, well it was a big mistake but FAR from why we lost the game. But leadership from the coaching staff after the Ross fumble was absent. Instead of just pulling Ross from punt returns, McCarthy or Slocum pulled Ross out of game point blank. Talk about knee jerk. Look at how inept Cobb was out there. A mistake on top of another mistake was par for the course in the game.

Write in candidates for who I blame for last night.

Strength and Conditioning coach

AND

Replacement Refs
The strength guys need to go. I have been a strength coach in another sport and the problems the packers have physically are problems that would get most strength coaches fired.

Members online

Latest posts