Visiting From England

Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi Packer Fans

I'm visiting Green Bay for the first time on next week and taking in the game against the Steelers.......I've been a Packers fan for over 20 years so this is a dream come true. I've sen the Green & Gold about 8 times live now but sadly always away from Lambeau.

I'll be visiting all the way from London with a mate who is also an American Football nut - sadly a Dolphins fan though.

This forum has been great as it allows me to catch up with all the latest news and views at the grass roots.....hopefully we'll be 2-5 for the visit and not 1-6!!!

Will be doing all the normal stuff....Hall Of Fame, Stadium Tour etc.....just wondered if anybody had any other recommendations.

Looking forward enormously to the trip and hope that we may even get to meet a few people of this forum......

All the best to you all

Go Pack Go!!!

Andy.........

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi

Awesome to hear you are getting a chance to go to Lambeau! Hope you enjoy yourself. I'm sure PWT will stop through here and post you a long list of things to do while you are in town!

Enjoy the game!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how long do you have in the area? I thought I remember a post from you before saying you had some time and you wanted to catch some other American football while you were around.

If that is something you were interested in, the 3rd round of the high school football playoffs will be on Friday and Saturday. You won't know until after this weekend when and where the games will be, but there certainly will be games in the Green Bay area.

City Stadium and East High School (where Curly Lambeau went to school, and the Packers played before Lambeau Field) isn't too far from the stadium...maybe 10 kilometers or so. It's not too exciting, but it's a good photo opportunity for any diehard packer fan and it'd only take about 30 mintues round trip from Lambeau to get in some pictures.

I don't know much about it since it just opened, but you may want to check out Nick Barnett's new bar...apparently it's a little nicer than your standard sports bar (there is a no hat or t-shirt dress code, I believe)

I'm new to the area, so I don't know a lot, but I'd be more than happy to help you out if you have any additional questions. Feel free to post more questions, or send me a personal message (I often forget about this board, so that may be a good idea if you have more questions)!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I often forget about this board, so that may be a good idea if you have more questions)!

I hope you are talking about the "Introduction Board" not PF.com as a whole!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
musccy said:
I often forget about this board, so that may be a good idea if you have more questions)!

:D Of course I'm referring to the intro board...have you not noticed the myriad squabbles I've been wrapping myself up in on the main forum lately?!? I probably check in up to 10x/ day on the main page...I'm an addict! :D

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Ryan said:
musccy said:

:D Of course I'm referring to the intro board...have you not noticed the myriad squabbles I've been wrapping myself up in on the main forum lately?!? I probably check in up to 10x/ day on the main page...I'm an addict! :D

10X and you're an addict?

i am so screwed.

by the way i love the musccy-66 rivalry, but if you want to keep up with him you need to put an end to all that logic and start typing yourself into an emotional, fact twisting rage.

Lombardi-

didnt mean to steal your intro thread here. i've never been to Green Bay myself, but this topic has come up more than a few times so im sure somebody will give you some helpful tips.

OP
OP
L

Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Musccy.....thanks for your reply and we would be very interested in any further information that you have on the High School playoffs...where the matches are, tickets etc.....

We are in the area from Wednesday 2nd until the following Tuesday so will have ample time to take in all that you mention.

I may well send you a personal message so that we can keep chatting there......if any one else has any suggestions......keep em comimg.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrow: I'm very tempted to just throw caution to the wind and take the low road...it'd be pretty fun, and likely amusing for other readers, but I want to respect all the work Ryan does to keep this place clean (at least as much as my temper allows :)

Lombardi:

If you wanted to go the High School route, I'll warn you that the games are dominated by the run, but there should be some excitement in the air from the students, and the fact that it's a playoff game.

Again, nobody will know where the games will be until after the results of this weekend's round of playoffs, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a game w/in Green Bay, or at the very least w/in a few kilometers of the city. Tickets are inexpensive...probably $5 dollars.

I just checked, and it looks like there's a college game in Oshkosh (1 hr. south of GB) on the 5th. Tickets price would be similar (so there's no shortage of football opportunities for you that weekend :D

If you're looking to do other non-football related things there are some neat places and restaurants in the area (e.g. Door County)...I just don't know the hidden gems that well.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Arrow: I'm very tempted to just throw caution to the wind and take the low road...it'd be pretty fun, and likely amusing for other readers, but I want to respect all the work Ryan does to keep this place clean (at least as much as my temper allows :)

of course. that was just my underhanded potshot at 66. i actually think it's funnier when you keep cool and reasonable.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:continues to hijack the thread:

Musccy if you and 66 want to get into it that way, just make sure it's in the smack area. You guys are usually pretty good about everything though so I am not worried.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, no problem ryan, I don't intend to...I shouldn't have even started that one thread in the smack area, very immature of me. I'll try to keep it as civil as possible.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi--This PWT 36 located in De Pere, Wi. just five miles from lambeau Field. I was born, raised and live in the suburb of DePere where St Norbert College is located. St Norbet College Dormitories arewhere the Packers stay during summer training camp. Green Bay has the excellent National Railroad Museum will many exhibits of Railroad engines, Rail Road cars and equipment located couple of miles east of Lambeau Field on Fox River. Just across the Fox River just off of Hwy 172 East of the Stadium is Heritage State Park witch is where all the historic buildings from area have been relocated . An Old Church, Old Firehouse, the oldest building in Wisconsin-Tank Cottage, old Farm house, Old Fort Howard Army Hospital and others are located in this park. There is The Bay Beach Wildlife and Bird sanctuary located in Green Bay on north end of the Bay of Green bay which is probably five or so miles from lambeau Field. There is the NEW zoo located just north of Green Bay few miles off of Hwy 41. There are many brochures of Green Bay area in Packerland Visitor & Convention Center located on East side of lambau Filed parking Lot in the lobby of the Veteran Memorial Arena on Oneida St and Armed Forces Drive. You might want to visit the three Sports bars which are very popular with Packer Fans and located just a one block walk East from lambeau Field on Holmgren Way. The three Sports bars are located in same area. The Stadium View Sports Bar and Grill, THE BAR, and Anduzzis. Visit the Tailgaters in Lambeau Field Parking lot , and all around Lambeau Field on game day. By the way if you are interested in Visitor guide while you are in Green Bay, I will be glad to help you out. Just private message me and we can arrange a meeting place. Always glad to help out a Packer fan from London visiting Green Bay for the first time. As you can see by logo on the left of my post I am the Packer Historian for Packer Fourm. I go back to late 40's following the Packers. I have seen Packer teams coached by every Packer coach in history of the Packers. If we can arrange it, I look forward to meeting you and your friend.

OP
OP
L

Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36............thanks for the detailed reply and suugestions fpr things to visit.......I think that we will be spending most of Thursday at Lambeau...doing the Stadium Tour, Hall Of Fame etc.....and popping in for a beer or two in the Atrium.

Game day will be the highlight.....and we certainly plan to get to Lambeau early to take all of the atmosphere in and hopefully get to tailgate with a few of the locals!!........

Be good if we could meet at some point......I'll try and drop you a message when I'm in GB and see if we can hook up somewhere for a beer.

We are also looking to catch a couple of the High School play off games that are taking place at the moment.....on the Friday & Sat.....I'll have to find out the details after this weekends round of matches....thank God for the Internet.

Once again thanks and let's hope we can hook up at some point and have some Packers chat.

Best.

Lombardi.....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.wiaawi.org/football/footballindex.html

click on the tournament information button, and then click on whichever division bracket you want to see. I just scanned division 1-3 for Green Bay area games....

divsion 1 (largest schools) game at Bay Port (Howard), although time still to be determined

division 2 game at Ashwaubenon on Saturday at 1:30

division 3 game at West DePere, time to be determined still. Check that site for updates though.

Members online

Latest posts