Video of the rally at Lambeau

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the article from the Green bAy Press-Gazette concerning the Favre rally at Lambeau Field yesterday (Sunday).

Favre-mania tackles Titletown
Fans rally at Lambeau to reinstate QB

By Sara Boyd •greenbaypressgazette• July 14, 2008

"For Dave Ward of Theresa and Gregg Schampers of Iron Ridge, the last minute two-hour drive to Green Bay to rally in support of their favorite quarterback was a no-brainer.

The two diehard fans, both wearing No. 4 jerseys, joined about 200 others at the Lambeau Field Atrium to demand that Brett Favre be reinstated.

"We love Brett and what he means to this team; he still has it," Schampers said. "I think he's our best chance to win. He quit too early."

Schampers said he heard about the rally on TV the night before and called up his buddy Ward Sunday morning — all in the hopes of getting the message across that they want Favre back.

"Brett's the proven commodity," Ward said. "If you're going to invest money, Brett's the guy you're going to invest in. He's poured his heart and soul into the team."Erick Rolfson of Pewaukee and his brother organized the rally through their new Web site, www. bringbackBrett Favre.com.

Rolfson said the idea is to give the fans a chance to have their voices heard.

"He's a legendary quarterback," he said. "We want (General Manager) Ted Thompson to know what the people want. I think there's a lot of people that this is important to."

Rolfson said they will continue to hold rallies every Sunday at noon until the Green Bay Packers reinstate Favre. They hope next Sunday's rally attracts thousands with a grill out/family day tailgate party, he said.

Another rally will take place at 5 p.m. today at the State Fair Park in Milwaukee and potentially another on Saturday at the same location, Rolfson said.

The site has garnered e-mails from fans everywhere from Ontario to soldiers in Iraq, he said.

Rolfson's site, along with others created to push for Favre's return, uses Packers' copyrighted material. But Jeff Blumb, Packers director of public relations, said he isn't aware of the organization moving to shut the site down.

"I can't say that it wouldn't happen," he said. "But we're not looking to be heavy handed with anyone."Rolfson said before a decision is made on Favre's future with the team, the fans are going to demand an emergency meeting take place with all the shareholders.

Thompson has said Favre can rejoin the team but wouldn't be guaranteed to return as the starting quarterback. Favre requested an unconditional release from his contract Friday in a letter to the Packers organization.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One report from here in Green Bay said about 100 Packer fans were out there.
You can get 100 people to rally for anything here in Green Bay, Especially if they know televison media is covering it!!

OP
OP
IronMan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
more rabbling

On a serious note, I really wish these fans would not have done this. I'm not trying to deny anyone of their freedom of speech, but does this really help matters? I don't think it does.

It just adds more fuel to the fire for the media storm to continue; making the management out to be the the bad guys.

I think we should just let the management do their thing.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ironman.. I think this very forum is a source of fodder for the press as well.. what better way to come up with creative angles and opinions for stories from the comfort of their own little chair.

But I agree.. it just makes us look foolish... like both parties so far in this little situation within the press.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ironman.. I think this very forum is a source of fodder for the press as well..

Are you saying media types come to packerforum.com and read what we say? I wonder if I'm infamous in the media world for being a loudmouth studmuffin. That would be awesome.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Are you saying media types come to packerforum.com and read what we say? I wonder if I'm infamous in the media world for being a loudmouth studmuffin. That would be awesome.

Yeah i know some media people do, as do some famous people :p

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Private souces tell me that Tomadz is indeed the driving force behind the Packer's motivation.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya see, now I definitely have to clean up my act a bit and keep the bar room vulgarity to the tromadz lounge. Because these media people need to listen to me.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:

I'm hoping for Tom Cruise.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:

I'm hoping for Tom Cruise.

Haha after Dark Knight comes out and we have all had a couple chances to view it.... can you start back the scientology war.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I lived within two hours of Green Bay, I would've gone to that rally. But unfortunately, I had to sit that one out. :(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even in Green Bay they couldn't get more then 100 people to show up?
Geez........
anyway, whats gonna happen is gonna happen. We have NO control over any of it. I don't care if 1000 would have shown up, it's not gonna matter.
Thats why i refuse to get all worked up. No matter how i feel about all this, i have 0% say in it.......at least with anyone that really matters.

Members online

Latest posts